[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP pls

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1503608342245.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503608342245.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
not gonna lie, im a total newbie in terms of drawing, and on this board.
Ive been trying to draw pic related (and failing) , but instead of looking innocent and cute, she looks mean and sexual.
>>
You gotta post your pic before you can get advice
>>
File: IMG_20170828_202735.jpg (1MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170828_202735.jpg
1MB, 4160x3120px
OP here, sorry had some delay in posting pic, here it is (unfinished ) I'm aware it's bad
>>
>>3116088
Hey, that's not all that bad for a newbie artist. Just in terms of replicating her expression, the main problems I see is 1. eyebrow placement 2. the blush and 3. the curl of her lips. You might try lowering her eyebrow a tad and pushing a bit towards the left. The tip of the eyebrow should end a little bit before her eye does. As for her lips, it looks like you've given her sort of a smile, but she's not actually smiling in the original pic, instead she has an exaggerated curl to where her lips end. Try meeting the corners of the top and bottom lip at the same point, and go from there. And probably just erase the blush or shade her entire cheek very lightly. The anime-esque blush has a tendency to make things look more sexual. Most importantly, though, grab a hand mirror or take a pic of yourself at the same angle. Observe your own relaxed expression to make more meaningful fixes
>>
>>3116081
Newbie fag here, lookes fucking amazing. Sexual tho, hella sexual. I love your style, bro. But I have to ask if you use reference. Even if you cartoon reality you should be looking at reality, so you can cartoon it.
But hey, I can't even construct anything, why listen to me
>>
>>3116088
Brows are too relaxed and the pupil is covered too much by the eyelid
>>
>>3116081
original pic looks thoughtful and sexually mature to me, not cute. open the eyes more to make it 'innocent and cute'
>>
>>3116102
>>3116159
>>3116160

thanks a bunch, hope i can get better :3
>>
Woa ic is becoming actually constructive, i think have weathered the storm
>>
It's lookin pretty close to the original OP! Just remember to feel the expressions! Your art should reflect how you feel!
>>
Draw a cube.
>>
>>3116238
Isn't "feel the expressions" kind of a meme?
>>
Absolutely not. Hand gestures are directly affected by your motivation. Let's say I treated art as if it were a job, and I hated my job, my art would reflect how I felt about it.

It gets complicated when you're drawing from a reference though, because you see the reference in front of you, but it doesn't tell you much about how the artist felt while making it.

So just feel what you want to draw. It always turns out the way you want it.
>>
Am I missing something or /ic/ doesn't react to obvious tracing?
OP, replicating pictures won't get you anywhere.
You can't draw expressions correctly if you can't draw a face in perspective, you can't draw face in perspective if you can't draw basic forms.
Learn perspective drawing from drawabox then go through loomis figure drawing. After that you'll have an idea on how to shape face and convey expressions.
Right now you are making line replicating exercise and giving yourself false self confidence.
>>
>>3116081
LOOMIS
And go to beg if you're a fucking beginner, it's not hard it's written in the sticky
There should be a lurking time needed in order to post, something like a few month because it's not hard if you use your brain
>>
>>3116277
Whatever you do OP, don't listen to this guy.
>>
>>3116265
I see, i am glad that i read this since i didn't know about this because everything i do i use reference since i am just starting
>>
>>3116267
I wasn't tracing tho, just by looking at the reference
>>
>>3116102
another numpty mouthing off. LET'S SEE YOU DO IT! Instead of telling us how to do it, SHOW US!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.