[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is traditional art dead?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

Is traditional art dead?
>>
>>3115594
no, and will never be.
>>
>>3115597
so I hope
>>
>>3115594
No, digital painting will must faster die than traditional. Traditional art will live as long as humans live.
>>
>>3115594
No, Traditional art is our personal reflection of reality , non traditional art is a recation to that reflection. Non traditional art is the reflection of a reflection so it's dependent on the first, where as traditional art isn't dependent on anything but reality and our experience with reality which cannot die before we do. The reflection of a reflection however is liable to distortion over time, so it will slowly shift untill we see it as "dead" or better yet different.
>>
>>3115865
Traditional art does change over time aswell, but it changes at the same speed we do so we won't notice it's death
>>
>>3115866
My only issue with traditional art is that it's rooted in sex, It's a game of impression which we play so we can impress people into fucking us, it's really close to the reality of having to survive where as non traditional art which is reactionary to traditional art seems to be against that idea, that life isn't just for sex and that being somehow can exist without existing in the traditional sense
>>
>>3115868
what.
>>
>>3115868
Wow move over Dr Freud, we've got a new master of head thought examination coming through. And his ideas are just as wackadoo as yours, you ole' fraud, you.
>>
>>3115868
Literally what?
>>
>>3115868

Wait I thought it existed because there were no cameras back then? until Sir Reginal Kodak invented them in 1860?
>>
You literally cannot digital if you lose electricity. If there is an EMP, say goodbye to everything,
>>
File: 08-20-12.18.12.jpg (276KB, 1639x1368px) Image search: [Google]
08-20-12.18.12.jpg
276KB, 1639x1368px
>>3115868
Okay let me explain. We are energy, energy needs to move to exist, reproduction is how our collective human energy "moves", if we don't have sex we die off everything we do based in the passing of energy, we didn't choose to exist and so we cannot choose to pass on energy or not, we have to pass it on. Now since this is a fact, sex is the physical link our beings use to pass on energy, so being alive is all about finding a mate, so everything you do amd think is linked to sex, sure there are levels to it, but at it's core (for life atleast) it's about sex, not because of sex but because of what sex really is. So with all that being said we can come to the conclusion that any activity we take part in is a lesser form of asking for sex. We do and excel at things, such as art, so we can impress our fellow man and we want to impress to attract, so we can reproduce.
>The problem is that is the whole world knew this, it would stop everything.
>So God (which in this case is the forces of the universe) counteracts this with a collection of nay sayers. Just enough to keep the "ball" from stopping, because again it's all about energy and energy needs to move.

I cannot break the cycle of energy as I am part of the cycle, so if I choose to abstain from sex or art, more people will just take my place and ill simply fade away, like a leaf that's fallen from a tree, the tree will be just fine without me.
>"But what if the tree dies?"
Well there will always be another tree.
>"What if they all die?"
There will be another lifeform to take it's place
>"What if life dies"
Then inanimate things will eventually animate themselves once again
"Well then what if inanimate objects don't, I mean how could they?"
>We eventually did.
>>
>>3116854
^ Everything that doesn't, eventually does*
>>
You're dead kiddo :^)
>>
>>3116854
>>3115868
>t.schizophrenic
>>
>>3115594
There's about five or six of us keeping it going.
>>
>>3116854
>reproduction is how our collective human energy "moves"

But gays don't reproduce yet they are highly sexual.
>>
>>3116854
That's not how energy works, though. I get energy through food, and I release energy through my breath. I may have come into this world because my parents shagged, but that's all it did. I could always just die right now. Then my remaining energy could be used for food, fire, et cetera. Sex isn't the one true holy link between all living beings, it's just one small thing we all have in common.

Drawing a peanut doesn't mean "dude sex lmao," it means I want to draw a fucking peanut. There's absolutely nothing sexual about it.
>>
>>3116860
Online hate crime
>>
>>3115868
Are you claiming that people only do traditional art to get laid? I mean, I'm sure some of them do, but traditional art has been around for literally as long as humans have, so I think there's a little more to it than that.
>>
>>3118549
Sex has been around for longer than humans have been around though
>>
>>3117743
Sex is our one and only motivator.
Nothing else motivates us, the thing is that it's never just blatantly made clear to our consciousness, it's more of a subconscious thing, like how your heart beats.
We don't just do things just because, you wouldn't want to draw a peanut for absolutely no reason, actions are basically reactions, you wouldn't have even used that loose example of the peanut if I hadn't made this point.

>This only seems like a negative thing to people who think they can't gain asex with art, it would be so hurtful to know that your dedica where in vain.

If you think about it long enough sex being the ultimate motivator to do anything isn't a bad thing, it's your relationship with sex that's making this all seem so negative.
>>
>>3119072
I'm guessing you're in your early twenties

I've had a lot of sex and it's the last thing I think about 90% of the time, least of all in painting

It's more about spiritual fulfillment
>>
no but it does need a facelift.

i think traditional art needs as much idea as skill does.
>>
>>3117715
who? i want names.
>>
>>3119072
i think the fear of death is what motivates me.
>>
>>3115594
no because poor people can't afford tablets and a majority of the world is that poor
>>
>>3116854
>Okay let me explain. We are energy,
Stopped reading there holy fucking shit dude
>>
>>3116854
But why traditional art specifically
>>
>>3115594
Was traditional art ever alive to begin with?
>>
>>3115868
Please take your meds, they're good for you.
>>
>>3115594
Hopefully. Traditional art is outdated since anything can be done in digital, but the opposite isn't true.
>>
>>3119702
>everything
except make a traditional painting using traditional methods without undo spamming to artificial perfection. digital isn't even art. it's very well done illustration.
>>
File: Origami Flower sketch - Copy.jpg (2MB, 2631x1860px) Image search: [Google]
Origami Flower sketch - Copy.jpg
2MB, 2631x1860px
>>3115594
I hope not. I can't afford Adobe's monthly fees.
>>
>>3119899
So how would one draw what you just posted in a traditional format?
>>
>>3119952
the artist drafts work digitally and paints them on large fucking canvas or straightup walls.
>>
>>3115868
>>3116854
And this, boys and girls, is why we should all stop drawing. You fucking perverted energy vampires, it's time to put down the pencil. IT'S JUST A LESSER FORM OF SEX, GET LAID FUCCBOIS AND STOP DRAWING!
>>
>>3119899
>digital isn't even art

?
>>
>>3119139
I think it's the fear of loss of information through experience that makes me not want to die>>3119131
I am and I'm guessing you've already had kids? I think spiritual fulfilment will only be possible for me after I've raised someone. It's a step on the ladder, so to speak. I used sex as a point of connection because it's basically the thing that keeps us going, not from an egocentric point of view, but from a literal point of view, like it's literally keeping the species from dying out, so I meant it very literally
>>
>>3115597
/thread
>>
>>3115594
So, hypothetically, if one is starting art school and finds all about expressing uniqueness and individuality rather than teaching skills and techniques, where WOULD one go to learn those skills and techniques? (Let's presume one already knows how to draw rather well.)
>>
what the fuck is traditional art?
what kind of art would have no tradition?
>>
>>3122963
>traditional art
Not digital
>>
File: IMG_2137.jpg (857KB, 2407x2407px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2137.jpg
857KB, 2407x2407px
Traditional art (in Tattooer terms) did this shit like a week ago.
>>
>>3115834
What a load of shit. They both have merit. Traditional has more feel to it, LITERALLY.
Digital has a much quicker workflow and is more flexible, thus better for concept production etc.

Why anybody thinks either will die is beyond me.
>>
>>3125803
I'm didn't say that digital art is worse, but digital art relies on computers and computers are something that might not last forever, wars and lack of resources are something inevitable that might make computers worthless, maybe in 100 years or maybe in 1000 years, but traditional art will always remains alive as long as humans live.
>>
File: DD5PGuoVwAEa1bQ.jpg (71KB, 539x689px) Image search: [Google]
DD5PGuoVwAEa1bQ.jpg
71KB, 539x689px
>>3125803
spamming undo does not create art. digital discrete lines is arguably not art and is in the realm of what learning algos can and will replicate to better perfection. you can def have fun making digital and it's extremely valuable when it comes to concept art. but visual art it is not and never will be.
>>
>>3127455
No rules, only tools mate. The definition of art, in any form, is all about exploring and expressing ideas and feelings. So as long as it meets that criteria, it doesn't matter how you do it.
>>
>>3119131
>spiritual
You are literally ISIS and Jim Jones.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.