[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What software does /ic/ use?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

What software does /ic/ use?
>>
Illustrator CC
>>
Photoshop CC 2017

Any photoshop will do that job though really. Used Photoshop Cs4 for the longest time
>>
Clip studio paint only
>>
Gimp Blender.
>>
MS Paint
>>
>>3115003
y
>>
Photoshot CC and occasionally I'll try going back to Clipstudio.
>>
>>3114888
cs6 and procreate
>>
Photoshop. All other programs are jokes.
>>
>>3115311
Photoshop is the best for precision, painting, and especially working with texture and photos. It's not great for non-technical drawing but it works well enough. Procreate and Clipstudio have better drawing tools, but it's often not worth switching over just for that.
>>
Clip Studio Paint mainly, a little Photoshop
>>
>>3115311
I guess having to spend that much money on some software creates some fierce product loyalty
>>
>>3115327
sour grapes etc
>>
>>3115327
it's really not that expensive. wait till you see the price on 3d packages and renderers. not to mention most of the people here didn't actually buy it.
>>
>>3115327
My job pays for it. Each license can be used on two CPUs - one at the office, one at home. And yes, they know and allow me to use it at home. I'd pay for it myself, anyway, I use Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign almost daily outside of work, for freelance and personal shit. It's $50 a month, for a non-student, for everything. One or two commissions a month would cover that. Other tools are fine, it's a personal choice, but it's always funny when we're accused of all kinds of silly shit when we say we use Photoshop, like your comment. The only sillier "war" over software is the ridiculous Windows vs. Mac wars. Use what you like, don't worry what other people use, or pay, and get some work done. Many, many people, like me, can afford a CC license just fine. It's $50 a month, for everything, $10 a month for just Photoshop. That's nothing, if you're out of college and working and can't scrape $10 a month together, you have problems. Hell, if you know someone with a CC license, and only have it on one computer, ask them to share it with you.
>>
>>3115327
Pirate it?
>>
Is Photoshop really the best for drawing and painting? I've heard it's bloated compared to other programs. Money isn't an issue for me, but I really don't want a bunch of shit I'm not going to use. Thanks.
>>
>>3115390
painting yes drawing hell no
>>
>>3115390
it's industry standard. if you're a concept artist or illustrator you'll be using it all the time, so much so that it's kindof a hassle to switch to another 2d program. if you're a comic or story artist you might consider clip studio. clip studio is also good if you want to get a more natural feeling drawing brush than you can get in photoshop.
>>
>>3115390
Nobody is saying it's best, but it's a fine, stable, solid app for drawing. There are plenty of them out there - my second choice is SketchbookPro, from Alias. Use what you like. If you look at a painting in a museum, do you go "Ew, I don't like the kind of brushes they used!" - no, you don't, it doesn't fucking matter. They're just tools. If one is better for you, use it.
>>
corel painter. Honestly I think it's absurdly underated, color blending is flawless with it.
>>
>>3115402
The last time I tried it, it was incredibly buggy, and I despised the interface. I know you can get great results from it, with some effort. I don't really try to mimic real painting - I already do that with real paint, I approach digital art from a different perspective. Still, it's definitely one for people to check out. I should download a demo and see where it's at right now.
>>
>>3115392
So what's best for drawing?
>>
>>3115401
>If you look at a painting in a museum, do you go "Ew, I don't like the kind of brushes they used!" - no, you don't, it doesn't fucking matter
I'd say that's a false equivalence in the extreme. There's quite a few digital pieces I've seen where the brush shows through I didn't like at all. especially if it's prebaked grass or leaves.
>>
>>3114888
Krita. It crashes a lot, but it gets the job done.
>>
>>3114888
Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, Sai and Medibang.
>>
>>3115423

God Group

Sai, CSP

Good Group

Sketchbook Pro, Mischief

Just Okay Group

Corel Painter (would be God tier if it wasn't a slow buggy piece of shit)

Photoshop
>>
>>3115401
>Nobody is saying it's best
Not since that one thread I saw a while back.

>>3114888
SAI. I'd stick with that for linearting, usually PS for effects when i want to be fancy.
>>
>>3115457
Is SAI the best choice for lines and sketching? Better than PS?
>>
Anyone know some good brushes for clip studio?
>>
>>3115327
>2017
>Still paying for Photoshop
Adobe gave CS2 away for free. Google it. Link might be broken, but you can still copy it into Wayback Machine. So easy my computer retarded roommate could do it.
>>
>>3115464
I think the best now is like Clip Paint from what I've been hearing in that regard, but for me SAI seems straightforward to me to get the job done, if you have a decent tablet.
>>
>>3114888
Clip Studio
Procreate
Illustrator on rare occasion.

Haven't touched Photoshop since uni.
>>
>>3115568
Not everyone wants to use a 20 year old version
>>
Manga Studio for linework
Photoshop for literally everything else
>>
>>3114888
cs3, csp, krita, tvpaint, flash, dragonbones
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with gimp
>>
>>3115701
Other than that it's shit, no there isn't.
>>
File: Perv lizard 1.png (971KB, 3840x2160px)
Perv lizard 1.png
971KB, 3840x2160px
Toon Boom Essentials, Paint tool Sai
>>
>>3115746
>Toon Boom essentails
The fuck
>>
>>3114888
Medibang on android.
I use my fingers to draw.
>>
>>3115390
>>3115392
People say it's bad for drawing because it doesn't have a built in stabilizer so their lines look like they should and not perfect
>>
>>3115926
The purpose of a stablizer is to work with your hand. On a good day you might touch your tablet lightly. On a bad day you might touch it hard and firm like how I do your mother.

You might as well disable anything related to pen pressure while you're at it.
>>
>>3115311
It only has a stamp brush, no dynamics, no advanced color blending, no room to fiddle around and create something personalized, and unless you get Lazy nezumi, it's literally the worst program for clean linework.

Keep doing concept art and illustration in a software designed for something completely different just because it's widespread.
>>
>>3115935
>I N D U S T R Y S T A N D A R D
This is why people use Photoshop and not Manga Boom 3D Weeb Studio 4.
>>
File: IMG_1465.png (105KB, 407x404px)
IMG_1465.png
105KB, 407x404px
I like SAI for linework. Piggybacking on the stabilizer to the max.
>>
>>3114888
Photoshop, Krita and MS Paint.
>>
I moved to Photoshop because I heard it was the industry standard and it has animation tools. To be honest I can't use it yet but after finishing the anatomy course I'm reading I'll get on that shit and watch CTRL Paint
>>
>>3115935
So basically Photoshop is for Chads and the rest can use some obscure abandonware that'll get them laughed out of wherever they publish their art?
>>
>>3115557

I think the DAUB brushes are nice:

https://www.daub-brushes.com/csp/
>>
>>3114888
Krita one love
>>
>>3116046
Krita is turning out really damn well and it's still developing
>>
>>3115935
>Can't make clean lines without help.
What a pleb.
>>
>>3115381
For some, like me, it's not about the monthly cost in monetary sense which isn't all that much as you said. It's more about the fact that when I buy something I want it to be mine and not on a monthly subscription.
Imagine being a traditional artist having to pay every month to be able to keep using brushes and whatever support you slap your canvases on.

>>3115390
Think about it this way: once you buy or pirate it you will never need another program. It's also rather intuitive in my opinion.
>>
>>3116079

That's fine, as long as you acknowledge that Clip Studio is superior for drawing and painting.
>>
>CSP
>Krita
>Drawpile

colors 3d & artstudio for plein air
>>3116046
krita is quickly becoming a viable photoshop alternative & at this point i could probably confidently recommend it to someone who wants to try digital before putting too much money down. the animation tools in particular are at the very least competitive with photoshop, although having to use another program to make gifs is not good. the current build still has some very frustrating bugs though
>>3115390
photoshop is a versatile program that was never intended for painting and this is reflected in the user interface. if you're looking for a program that can do some basic photomanipulation, basic matte painting, basic animation, basic 3d integration AND draw on the side, photoshop is unquestionably the best. if you just want to draw and paint, there are pieces of software designed specifically for that purpose and they do a better job.
>>3115381
does CC allow you to work offline yet? i travel a lot so the drm became a real dealbreaker
>>
>>3115997
Yes, and if you can't overcome Photoshops "perceived" disadvantages (muh blending, muh brushes, muh poser models, muh stabilizers) you're a twat.
>>
>>3116131
>does CC allow you to work offline yet? i travel a lot so the drm became a real dealbreaker

Just crack it and you're good.
>>
>>3116161
Some of us here want to earn money with art.
>>
>>3116161
Jeff, start the van. We have work to do...
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.