[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street Caricature

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: caricature.png (272KB, 420x369px) Image search: [Google]
caricature.png
272KB, 420x369px
So drawing street caricatures on the streets for money is all about flattering women and teasing men, is it not? I can use any and all essential lessons, hitting the streets in 1 hour.
>>
Whenever I pass by these artists at theme parks and such, I often feel bad knowing that this is just a step for them and they probably want to be doing something else. How much does being a caricature artist pay anyways? There's also the fancy name artists and the face painters.
>>
>>3114555
I got my shit together, working in sales, just finding a way to make moar money in the weekend. I just need basic advise, I have no trouble putting the show together and getting the money in my pocket
>>
>>3114554
i think just try to get a fair likeness mostly, on more than one occasion i've heard people complain that the picture doesn't look like them, or that they and their friend both got a picture done and they look the same.

i think if you try to flatter women especially you're in danger of missing.
>>
File: xfu hgu.jpg (84KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
xfu hgu.jpg
84KB, 567x567px
I was considering doing this for extra dosh too using watercolor but I haven't nailed down a fast enough process yet.
>>
OP here, made 60 bucks today, about 15 portraits. Some were happy, others said I had to practice more. I didnt have a fixed price so ppl gave whatever they wanted or I just threw it away (happened twice). Told two girls I would make their most ugly version, was the most relaxed session. People want to be ugly is my lesson of today.
>>
>>3114821
Good job man. Can you share some of what you drew today? we could give you some pointers
>>
>>3114780
Take an ipad and hide it under your paper, make a hole for the camera on the back of the easel, then trace the picture on the screen.
>>
>>3114554
how do you flatter a woman while exaggerating her features?
>>
>>3114857
You can make her eyes bigger, legs longer, boobs bigger, lips fuller and hips wider. That won't be a caricature then of course, but as far as your question goes, that's how you do it.
>>
Where did you draw?
>>
>>3114554
I was a caricature artist when I was 15 working in green fair markets , still got to do some small work for an game developer and some short contract work with a comic company.

Helped me progress a solid deal when i was young.

Early on I charged 10 or 15 i think, then later i charged 10 or 20 depending on page size and add 10 for each person added on to em.
Sometimes i got only 3-4 a day, but some days it was good and I may even get an old couple to give me $40 just to draw their dogs in 10 min.

would post some work but nothing is small enough to scan save for some ink/charcoal warmups if anyone wants to see those.
>>
>>3114937
Isnt that literally the definition of caricature wtf?
>>
>>3114833
kek
>>
File: 003.jpg (38KB, 572x452px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
38KB, 572x452px
>>3114829
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.