[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is making a sketch before draw is necessary? a friend of mine

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1491711845228.jpg (104KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1491711845228.jpg
104KB, 803x688px
Is making a sketch before draw is necessary?
a friend of mine is very retarded in terms of anything except drawing, he even can make western cartoon, animu , realism (understand perspective and anatomy) without sketch! he just scratch a paper with snowman drawing pen ,and BAM he already beat every /beg/ tier .he is barely practicing, all he's do is playing game , he doesnt even do digital , what making me hurt more, he does not even wish to dream to be a bro , "draw for fun" he say ........
>>
and he's not studying loomis and draw box , he just UNDERSTAND IT
>>
post his art I want to marvel at it
>>
>>3113201
What you are describing is the perfect example of wasted talent, if he is half as good as you are saying he is, he could "make it", but instead he is playing vidya, its not wasted time if he is enjoying himself right?
>>
>>3113235
Its not ''talent'' you retard, its nothing more than developing any skill in life, all that happens is some people are more intuitive than others

Got a friend who is just like OP's, is a total brainlet nigger, can't even play mobas or card games, but on CSGO the fucker has godly aim and sick spraydowns with the AK even tho he plays with shitty internet and computer

And same thing on art, the fucker draws for like 4-6 years he can do most stuff decently and when I talked to him how he studied he was like:
>''I just tried to draw just like the animes I liked, then I moved on to real-life references''
>Do you use construction? you know the skeleton?
>''Nope, never understood that shit, draw a circle, then draw the other circle right? Never helped me in any way''

He streamed his work for me once, its 100% intuitive, he usually starts with the eyes, then face/hair, then moves on for the rest of the body the order change depending on the pose, and he is pretty consistent 2bh

He really enjoy watching other artists draw and shit but he never ever uses constructions
>>
>>3113201
post his work pajeet
>>
>>3113201
Not necessary, but it makes things way easier.
>>
>>3113320
>Its not ''talent'' you retard, its nothing more than developing any skill in life, all that happens is some people are more intuitive than others
But that is talent you fucking retard.
>>
>>3113201
>Is making a sketch before draw is necessary?

TECHNICALLY no. What method you use doesn't matter as long as the end product looks the way you want it to.

But you should sketch. Your friend is lucky. We aren't. We have no shortcuts. Sketching and learning fundies gives you a basic framework to work off of, rather than having to think of everything from scratch.

Though your friend DOES have a point when he says "draw for fun". Studying fundies doesn't get you anywhere if you don't apply them. Think of what you want to make, and then think of what you need to know to make it look the way you want to.
>>
File: 1475092043574.jpg (69KB, 544x548px) Image search: [Google]
1475092043574.jpg
69KB, 544x548px
>>3115453
Talent by most delusional cunts on this board is the idea someone picks up a pencil and a paper for the first time and produce a cute 10/10 anime girl effortlessly without never ever sucking before, thats why theres that meme ''hurr durr hardwork can take you so far because someone with talent already starts there'' which is fucking bullshit because talent just means a more leaner learning curve
>>
File: 1495155208019.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1495155208019.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>people unironically responding with all the seriousness to OP

god you guys are worst than /pol/ at taking baits
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.