[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tablet thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: _1060plus-__7_2_.jpg (52KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
_1060plus-__7_2_.jpg
52KB, 1000x1000px
I was thinking of purchasing the Huion new 1060 Plus (8192) (pic related). But I have a few questions before I make the decision.

1) What are things that are different from a Wacom? (I'm aware of no tilt detection)

2) Is it possible to get this tablet on amazon? I've seen one that's almost there but doesn't have the same levels of pressure sensitivity.

3) If I have to get it on the Huion website, Is it recommended to get the tax pre-pay thing?

Also general tablet thread.
>>
>>3113080
>1) What are things that are different from a Wacom? (I'm aware of no tilt detection)

Google it

>2) Is it possible to get this tablet on amazon? I've seen one that's almost there but doesn't have the same levels of pressure sensitivity.

Google it

>3) If I have to get it on the Huion website, Is it recommended to get the tax pre-pay thing?

Google it
>>
>>3113080
I was going to get that one too
>>
I'm looking at a Huion GT-191 as soon as I have the money. I was never much good at using traditional pen tablets due to the hand-eye detachment fuckery they cause, and as a result didn't end up doing as much digital art as I thought I would because it just added SO much effort and and so many steps to the process that I just didn't feel like it was worth it for what I viewed to be subpar results.

If this thing was an option back in 2005 I would have gotten it instead of my Intuos 3.
>>
>>3113080
three questions that can be answered with a google search

what has this board come to
>>
>>3113080
I approve of your purchase.
Maybe only the Q11K is nicer, but also a bit more pricey. I don't think you can get a better screenless tablet atm.

>1)
Pen - wacom is lighter and doesn't require charging, although you only have to charge the huion pen like once every 3 months or so.
Drivers - don't plug the tablet in before you've installed them properly, otherwise you might get some complications. If you run Linux you'll be perfectly fine.
Support - more people use wacom, so if you look for some kind of documentation, you'll have lower chance of finding an answer.
The build quality is almost the same, so that's about it.

>2)
Yea. Huion has an official account on Amazon, but you can look around Ebay as well or any other seller, just make sure the reviews are good.

>3)
Depends on where you live. Ideally you'd buy from a seller thats in your country so you don't have to pay import charges. Note that EU counts as one country, so if you're from Germany and you buy stuff from Belgium, you don't pay extra.
If you don't manage to find such a seller for some reason, then yea, I'd recommend paying for the tax.
>>
>>3113126
you've had a fucking tablet for 12 years and you still haven't learn how to draw digitally? it's not the tablet son.
>>
Currently have one, desu. Only been running it for several weeks though, so who knows what'll happen.
For the price, this shit's pretty damn good for the price. It lacks tilt support, but it was never a problem for me. If tilt is paramount of importance to your work, you could get a Parblo A609, but note some of the sacrifices you'll come across.
In terms of performance, I've had zero issues with the tablet and pen itself. I did manage to bend the included USB cable because of retarded positioning and retarded me, so that has to be at a certain angle to work.
The pen was practically dead when I got it, but I shit you not after only 40 minutes charge, this thing's lasted me a couple hours a day everyday for the past 5 or 6 weeks.
I've only used Photoshop (and paint), and in PS the tapering can look odd, and since my art utilizes a lot of tapering, it can be awkward to do the line work. Apparently this issue isn't prevalent in others like SAI, haven't tried that out though.
The 12 shortcut buttons are a godsend at this price, but I've only really been using my keyboard for shortcuts, it's just how my workflow goes. The buttons feel a bit mushy, but get the job done. I haven't used the 16 soft keys.
Note that you should set the active area of your tablet to be the same aspect ratio as your monitor, it'll be wonky if you don't.
Overall, it's a good tablet, hard to pass for the price. I would personally look on Craigslist or the like for used Wacom Intuos', there can be some going for pretty decent prices.
>>
>>3113080
Q11k dood. Like $20 more (unless it's not on sale anymore) and feels/performs pretty high in quality.
>>
>>3113080
>>3113111
I own this tablet and use it daily.

It's pretty solid, nothing to complain about for the actual hardware or how it performs when drawing.

But the biggest dealbreaker is that the Huion driver problems are real. I'm on Windows 7 and I constantly have to re-plug in the tablet and restart photoshop because it randomly stops working if I don't use the tablet for a small amount of time. It happens daily and I honestly would not recommend it if you want something that will last.

Don't get me wrong the tablet works great when it actually works but having to re-plug in the tablet or hoping it doesn't stop working is quite fucking annoying
>>
Cintiq aside, what would be the best 1080p display tablet? preferable over 19 or 22 inches.
>>
Was thinking of getting one too. How does it handle left-hand mode?
>>
Should I get an ipad pro with apple pencil? Or one of the bamboo ink compatable devices (lenovo yoga, microsoft surface).
>>
>>3116027
The iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil is really good but the Microsoft surface can use full programs like photoshop but there's also Astropad and Duet Display where you can use the iPad like a Wacom tablet.

Try doing research on Astropad vs duet Display vs Surface pro and see what you prefer.

I don't know much about the Lenovo yoga laptop.
>>
Buy a surface pro 3
>>
>>3114426
What sacrifices do you mean, in regards to the Parblo A609?
>>
What is just the most solid all around tablet to get? Solid size/performance, solid reasonable price? Price isn't an issue, but don't want to pay more just because. Still you don't have to recommend a bargain basement model or anything. Thanks.
>>
>>3118331
From what I can remember, smaller drawing area, fewer express keys, no soft keys and the USB cable is not detachable. I'm probably missing a couple of things, but those are some major ones.
>>
I finally saved enough money for a cintiq 13HD but now I'm afraid it's too outdated to buy now in 2017. I just want to upgrade to a screen tablet, one that will be good for at least 5 years (and hopefully beyond). Cintiq users out there, would you still recommend the 13HD?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.