[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being trained academically the best way to learn how to draw?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Is being trained academically the best way to learn how to draw? When I look at academic art, it's always something at a high level that not everybody could do.
>>
>>3112011
That's because you don't see the bad ones. It's nothing special just a lot of drawing and observation. It's keys to drawing multiplied by a thousand.
>>
It takes weeks to finish a drawing and then, no one wants to buy it
>>
>>3112011
the best way to learn how to draw is to learn how to learn. watch pros draw as much as possible, conciously think about the choices they make. understand values, edges, perspective. study your basic fundamentals until you can draw/render basic forms/ideas like loomis heads from memory. then keep practicing it. doesnt really matter where you go to learn, as it really comes down to the effort you put in. thats why, no matter what school, theres always some alumni that are great and some that arent
>>
>>3112011
Yeah it turns out that the guys who study how to create art for a living know how to make pretty good art.
>>
>>3112347
>>3112369
I meant their methods. There are better and worse ones and it seems that those traditional academic are resulting in the best quality of art.
>>
>>3112264
>>3112264
>doing the painting first then attempting to find a buyer
that's pretty fucking retarded unless you're already well off and famous
ain't no way to make a living like that, gotta find people who pay you for what they want NOT find buyers for what you want to paint
>>
>>3112623
can you explain some of the methods youre talking about
>>
>>3112703

Not that guy but sight-size is one of the academic methods.
>>
>>3112703
>>3112712
>>
>>3112651
Compooter art!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.