[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

f-fuck it im gonna get one

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 13

File: PhysicalEasel_Rhino_1024x1024.jpg (103KB, 1024x817px) Image search: [Google]
PhysicalEasel_Rhino_1024x1024.jpg
103KB, 1024x817px
f-fuck it im gonna get one
>>
i made one of these out of a mcdonalds first aid kit box for free. mine is more durable because its made of metal. dont waste your money
>>
>>3111993
Why is every artist shilling this? I think Ahmed aldoori made a video, jake Parker did a thing about it, peter Han posted about it and even Kim jung gi did a drawing with it on his back.
>>
>>3112029
Probably just paid promotion but nobody has done it with artists so people don't care to put "PAID PROMOTION" in their titles like big youtubers
>>
This is something a dipshit fucking trustfund gentrifying liberal hipster would buy. A true artist can make this, or a variant of this thing.

Save your money, make a DIY art travel kit
>>
>>3111993
How do you draw on that? looks uncomfortable with that flap jutting out towards you.

And why is a rhino being drawn on it? I thought the point was to do studies of real life with it. You can draw a rhino from imagination sitting down.
>>
You can make something similar out of a small wooden case (cigar case or something).

The most important thing you need to do is just figure out how to attach a 1/4" thread to the box so you can sit it in a tripod.

I'd actually go to /diy/ for help.
>>
>>3112816
People's videos about the bag show you can use it like a pochade box or sling it around your shoulder and use it as a drawing platform.

>>3112810
Yeah this is for if you're already making money and go outdoor sketching regularly but in both cases this is just extra shit and you probably already have your shit together.
>>
gay
>>
>>3112822
I used to have that and it's really uncomfortable. This sort of pochade box is uncomfortable as shit in general, you're much better off with a simple wooden board mounted on a tripod.
>>
>>3111993
it is honestly pretty fucking gay, im sorry to be like that.

i like my on-the-go drawing equipment discreet. Imagine busting out that monster anywhere moderately populated? It's like setting up your desktop pc at cafe.

I mean its nice if youre going fucking backpacking. I don't see why id bring it to any other outing

>hee hee mommy packed my coloring kit!!
>>
>>3113463

well yeah yeah when you set up a pochade box or easel for a longer sketch you generally already are doing some lengthy setup with a bunch of shit. just sounds like you dont want people coming up and talking to you about what you're drawing which is totally understandable.

its pretty cool because of its customizability catered for artists in a backpack with the added utility of switching into an easel instead of needing to haul one around. yeah its definitely not necessary but the convenience'll most likely make up for the price if it gets you out more and lasts for longer than a month
>>
this is the fanny pack of art supplies
>>
>>3114311

>talkin shit on fanny packs in art

ho-ho-ho nigga you outta your depth better back the fuck up nigga
>>
>>3111993
Looks really nice but way to fucking expensive for a fucking drawing bag.
Thinking about DIYing something like it but not really sure how to do it effectively without it still ending up at over 100€.
Ebay had some make-up bags for ~20€ that might work as a base.
>>
>mfw NEET
>mfw no money to buy the latest hardcore gamer gear
>>
do you think I can make something like this out of an aluminum briefcase?
>>
>>3114894

clamps + some way to make it stay open + drill a hole in the bottom to attach a tread for a tripod plate sure
>>
File: FB_IMG_1503900446786.jpg (64KB, 1210x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1503900446786.jpg
64KB, 1210x720px
Looks way overkill but kinda neat. Better be buy-it-for-life material if I'm shelling out 150+ for a fuckin bag
>>
>>3115632
>buy-it-for-life
>bag
why settle for that, get a nice comfy portmanteau on tripod instead
>>
>>3115647
>About the same price
>Isn't also a backpack

Ha get with the times old man
>>
>>3112029

They are getting paid mate
>>
>>3115647
that's more or less what i have, works pretty well, mine can be a bit heavy for carrying on walks though, so i have a like a table easel which i just like put in a backpack, its more or less exactly the same as thing thing in your photo but with no legs
>>
Kickstarters live boyes
>>
File: 24-burger-king.w710.h473.2x.jpg (270KB, 1420x946px) Image search: [Google]
24-burger-king.w710.h473.2x.jpg
270KB, 1420x946px
>>3112015
wtf does "a mcdonalds first aid kit box" even mean
>>
>>3115632
It looks unnecessarily bulky and gay as hell. Apparently it's als incredibly expensive.
>>
>>3114364
>implying Gurney doesn't do that shit exclusively for his audience of autists who'll buy everything they see him use in a video
>>
>>3117161

>implying you wouldn't if you had the skill and following
>being so self-conscious you'd let peoples' judgement of your sick fanny pack get in the way of you making stuff
>>
>>3117159
Doesn't look bulky if you see images like pic related. Just looks like a backpack. As for expensive it's like >>3116130 said it's about the same price range as a pochade box but has more carrying capacity and is built so all your stuff isn't rolling around everywhere
>>
File: box.png (101KB, 375x230px) Image search: [Google]
box.png
101KB, 375x230px
>>3116987
its the one in the very back thats the tallest. if you could see the bottom of it though it has a mcdonalds m on it.
i got mine from work (mcdonalds) it has lots of little compartments in it . its pretty nice.
>>
>>3117270
>it's about the same price range as a pochade box
Which are also horribly overpriced. With 150€ I bought an Italian studio easel...

Still looks way too bulky IMO. In a backpack that size I carry a larger sketching kit including the tripod and a stool for sitting.
>>
File: box2.png (569KB, 413x1004px) Image search: [Google]
box2.png
569KB, 413x1004px
>>3117272
pic-related is the box. i'm thinking about taking off the bag thing and replacing it with a velcro paper holding thing like the bag that we are talkin about. and also attempting to mount a tripod base to it.
>>
>>3117275
>also attempting to mount a tripod base to it.
That looks moderately heavy and if the bottom is relatively flimsy it's gonna crack around the T-nut. You'd have to add a wooden backing to it which adds weight and bulk. Having a separate box and a tripod + a board with a quick release plate is much more comfortable.
>>
>>3117279
thanks for the tip !
>>
>>3117284
Found it the hard way when I tried converting an aluminum lunchbox into a pochade, you need a hard backing where the stress is.
>>
i know its gay but i backed it anyways
>>
>>3117390

hey me too
>>
>>3117390
>>3117533
Fags
>>
Oldfag here to share some wisdom. You can make a lot of money selling gimmicky tools to aspiring artists, sometimes for more than selling artwork.
>>
>>3118110
Especially older folk who get into art are so easy to turn into loyal consumers. The fur industry owes them a lot for buying all those sable brushes
>>
>>3118110

i am also an oldfag you should listen to me this bag will make your dick fuckin huge dude i swear
>>
>>3118129
you know /ic/ is gonna request pics
>>
>>3117161
>implying fanny packs aren't already ironically /fa/
>>
File: 123546353342.png (5KB, 414x159px) Image search: [Google]
123546353342.png
5KB, 414x159px
wew lads
>>
>>3117275
I'm gonna laugh when you're in public and someone desperately needs a first aid, other approach you to help this person with your tools only for you to spill your spaghetti everywhere afraid to tell them the truth.
>>
>>3120515
>The original kit has burgers in it
>>
I drank the koolaid
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.