[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this guy the biggest troll in art history? Or do you have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

File: pablo-picasso.jpg (8KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
pablo-picasso.jpg
8KB, 400x291px
Is this guy the biggest troll in art history?

Or do you have to be good to 'get' his work?
Be honest. This is an anonymous image board.
>>
>Be honest. This is an anonymous image board.
honestly, you are retarded
>>
File: guernica.jpg (159KB, 1101x501px) Image search: [Google]
guernica.jpg
159KB, 1101x501px
>>3109581
Cool your ego. We are all anonymous on here. No one is going to shit on you for not going with the flow.
>>
>>3109572
No the biggest troll is Duchamp. At least Picasso made art. Its like calling Schoenberg a troll. No, the real charlatan was John Cage, someone who never proved competency and infested musical academia with a bunch of wanky multimedia ideas. Like Schoenberg, Picasso was a master who transcended the boundaries of orthodoxy by conquering its traditions.
>>
File: IMG_9733.jpg (26KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9733.jpg
26KB, 258x195px
>>
trool? probably. he convinced a bunch of pretentious fucks that shit like this were masterpieces.
>>
>>3109608
honestly better than 99% of /ic/
>>
He wasn't a troll, just a really good marketer. His story is really excellent marketing: the genius prodigy artist who got tired of being a master realist at 14 and decided to make dogshit that only sophisticated people enjoy and only rich people can afford. Therefore, liking his dogshit proves you're sophisticated, and hanging it in your home proves you're rich AND sophisticated.

Bloody brilliant, really. Great painters don't usually get rich, but great marketers sure do. Inb4 a bunch of pretentious cunts come out of the woodwork to defend his dogshit because they're smarter and more sophisticated than everyone.
>>
there's already a thread about picasso
>>>3103451
>>
File: science-and-charity-1897.jpg (489KB, 1804x1411px) Image search: [Google]
science-and-charity-1897.jpg
489KB, 1804x1411px
i mean are you just retarded or what
>>
Is this the new meme?
>>
>>3109668
Do you honestly think this is good? Three figures have standard 3/4 faces at the same angle, and one is full profile. Weak perspective, poor composition. Hands that look like fins. An absolute beginner could achieve this level within two years.

He had potential sure, if he kept working at it he would have became a masterly artist. But he just sort of gave up when he figured out pretentious shitheads will buy what ever is trendy. He is the "most productive artist" because he doesn't spend more than 30 minutes on a painting.
>>
>>3109686
post your work
>>
>>3109698
seconded
>>
File: gesture.jpg (86KB, 954x900px) Image search: [Google]
gesture.jpg
86KB, 954x900px
>>3109698
>>
>>3109592
>Duchamp
>Schoenberg
>John Cage

Who?
>>
>>3109720
very expressive nipples
>>
>>3109725
That is the problem with pacasso. He is well known despite being a hack fraud.
>>
>>3109572
gotta love how most people love him even tough he was a homophobe, xenophobe, sexist and racist
>>
>>3109748
well he was born in 1881.
>>
>>3109612
anyone could shit that out for real
which is good it means you can do shit like this and ppl will buy into it
>>
>>3109751
So? A lot of people born in that age weren't any of that.
>>
>>3109783
the majority were, that's a fact. is it really news to you that people were sexist, racist and homophobic 130 years ago? most spaniards were also xenophobic.
>>
stop shilling picasso. there's a picasso thread almost every time now, and i'm sure it's by the same person or two.
>>
>>3109777
if this was you case anyone would be rich as fuck
>>
>>3109796
First of all, we're talking more about the beginning of the 20th century, when Picasso and his contemporaries would be adult. Secondly, no, it's not news to me, but it seems that it is news to you that really a lot of people in the educated circles in Europe (if not the majority) at that time were neither racist, sexist nor homophobic.
>>
>>3109748
wow i love picasso now
>>
I really didn't like him until I found out he used to do realism. I still don't like his regular style, but I respect doing something different.
>>
>>3109686
It is a decent painting though. Also, it's hard to say what is an absolute beginner because even if people don't think they draw they have done small amounts of it whether they remember it not...either being forced during early school years or doing it absentmindedly because they were bored. I don't care for Picasso's work at all but the amount of skill he had at 15 is not something a trash beginner on /ic/ can accomplish in 2 years, even with all the wonderful resources at your fingertips that Picasso didn't have. You will never be able to paint better than this because you are an arrogant dunning Kruger who thinks they know everything and sucks Loomis's cock. Art is a little more complex than you think, faggot.
>>
>>3109897
Youre full of shit and a cursory glance at picasso's life would tell you that he was incredibly sexist like 95% of Spanish men then and today. Not to mention the entire countries view of the Basque people as subhuman even though theyre as close to spanish as you can be compared to literally any other people on the planet. Makes you wonder what they about everyone else.
>>
>>3109725
underage or idiot detected
>>
>>3110663
>even with all the wonderful resources at your fingertips that Picasso didn't have

Picasso's father was a painter.
>>
>>3109725
HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THESE NAMES
FUCK
>>
>>3109668
This was more than likely made by his father, as were all of his so-called early works that are of any artistic significance.
>>
>>3110893
>>3110585
>>
>>3109572
Picasso is trash metal
Daly's is like pop culture gay shit.
I prefer trash metal.
>>
>>3109698
>merc_wip.jpg
>>
>>3109572
Just the fact you people are so much bothered with him decades after his death to make threads after threads about him shows his work has great impact.
>>
The way I see it, modern art simply carried the ideas they represented, the craft wasn't much to write home about, but it didn't matter since the novel ideas was quite needed at the time. But sure enough pretentious gallery fucks came around and made a business out of the modern art scene like they did with art that came before. Same thing happened to street art, watch Exit Through the Giftshop, it's a wild ride.
>>
File: GRIPS.jpg (11KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
GRIPS.jpg
11KB, 240x240px
>>3109612
if by "of /ic/" you mean the retards that come here to show off their garbage art or get advice

but then again, no one on this site has any taste to speak of if they continue to hail shit like picasso as even remotely adequate
>>
>>3110619
Renoir could do amazing had core realism before Impressionism. And look how lazy and shit his fat bloaty women are after he left that Movement.
>>
>>3110178
i like him a bit more as well.
>>
>>3111877
*does some reading*
>considered himself a communist
never mind i dont like him again.
>>
he's a meme artist. imagine if rare pepes were actually rare and people were willing to pay money for them. that's picasso.
>>
>>3109572
If this isn't a joke and you honestly don't 'get' Picasso OP, you're just a fucking idiot. You and the other morons on here shit talking anything that isn't a biro drawing of Goku is LITERALLY the equivalent of a group of people with no idea about mathematics or physics sitting round in 2017 calling Einstein an idiot because you don't get it.
>>
File: garfielf.png (692KB, 1181x776px) Image search: [Google]
garfielf.png
692KB, 1181x776px
>picasso is a hack. that communist faggot may have created something original but it was still ugly squidward-tier garbage worthy of a prison cell.
>>
>>3112028
>people were willing to pay money for them

You honestly dont know the history of pepes do you? A lot of money has actually changed hands for rare pepes. Look up a couple of history of pepe videos, you'll be fucked shocked.
>>
File: image.jpg (1023KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1023KB, 2592x1936px
>>3109572
I'll never forget seeing one of Picasso's landscapes at the library one Saturday morning in the mid-90's... I loved the ochres, greys and pale greens but the brusque quality of the drawing got me hooked on it. It looked like a videogame, but in lusher colours, it looked like a quiet garden in a horror film.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>
File: image.jpg (716KB, 1684x2413px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
716KB, 1684x2413px
I suppose the technique is similar to Cezanne's... Flat brushes, just slightly larger than the ones he would have used. It just looks so brutalist; so removed from reality, but it's not "picturesque" either, it's just a very austere, masculine depiction of nature. I like that it isn't more true to nature.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 500x414px
https://youtu.be/4KiTxwbXQzI
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.