[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why bother making art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: 1503349867053.jpg (15KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1503349867053.jpg
15KB, 320x320px
When everything you want to express has already been done by artists who are more skilled and talanted than you'll ever be.
>>
>>3109328
to test how good you can become?
the intent isn't always to create something original
>>
File: k3uVZ.jpg (41KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
k3uVZ.jpg
41KB, 640x360px
because that'll be me soon. depressing other artists into quitting because they'll never be as good as me
>>
>>3109340
NGMI-chan a cute!
>>
the world is ever changing. we are evolving. new things are there to be expressed.
>>
>>3109328
Because art history isn't taught in schools
>>
Because when you're abducted by aliens and they're trying to communicate with you, but it's beyond all understanding because its literally not from this world, that you can sit down and display to them the entirety of human history in a single way that convinces them not to simply annihilate the planet and that hey, maybe
>>
When you take that phrase and change the subject it sounds like a completely retarded question. For example:

"Why bother [becoming a scientist] when everything you want to [discover] has already been done by [scientists] who are more skilled and talented than you'll ever be?"

Why ask a dumb ass question like that for art when there will always be something to explore as society evolves? First things first, originality is fickle, as long as it isn't straight up plagiarism it shouldn't be a major topic of discussion. Second, why the fuck would I care if some other dumbfuck expressed his feelings, if I want to express my feelings I'll do so without even thinking about whether or not someone has expressed those feelings before because you shouldn't give a shit if someone has expressed their feelings, if you haven't expressed your feelings then you can do so. And then, as for being talented and more skilled, that's some bullshit every kid tells themselves when they're young and shitty, for just about anything, it doesn't have to be art, it could be a sport, just practice my man (this can be applied to most any subject really). Don't be such a dumb ass and get that dumb ass question out of here.
>>
>>3109328

Why bother living when everyone else is better than you at it?
>>
>>3109328
what is a good sign that your idea isn't well developed and that if you really want to do it you need to spend more time on it.
>>
My art is my life.
If I cant draw, I will die.
>>
>>3109340

Tzundere anon!
>>
There is no reason to do nothing, nothing pushes or obliges you to do it, we do it because we find pleasure in it.
If you can´t or won´t accept such an easy and simple fact you won´t be able to enjoy anything in life.
There is no need for you to become interesting or creative but if you somehow manage one day to become either then, good for you.
>>
>>3109328
I doubt anyone has drawn everything I want to draw. That would be impossible.
>>
>>3109328
if it's worth expressing it's worth repeating and rephrasing. most people don't learn the first time they're exposed to a new idea.
>>
>>3109381
This. What if they could print living organisms and the only thing they had to go on was your drawings of what they look like.
>>
tch to measure my abilities
>>
File: tumblr_nxhwhomIft1srsf0jo1_1280.jpg (262KB, 960x701px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxhwhomIft1srsf0jo1_1280.jpg
262KB, 960x701px
>>3109328
They're not me though.

You think I lament the progress of someone who has beaten Donkey Kong Country faster than me? I learn from those people.

If I can make that knowledge interesting and useful, and inspire others of my chosen vocation to do the same, I've done my job.
>>
File: bX3juDCC_400x400.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bX3juDCC_400x400.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>3109328
Tis not about the destination, young lad. But only about the journey up hill.
>>
I only want to be better than 99% of /ic/. In that way I can talk shit and never get hit.
>>
>>3109328
Its never impossible to be original, as you could always make the same thing as someone else, but slightly different. If you run out of canvas space, add some more; it's new. Even if differences become infinitesimal, artists will always have the opportunity for originality.
>>
Because it hasn't been expressed by ME
>>
>>3109393
you are right, let me give it a try
>>3109328
> Why bother making shitposts when everything you want to discuss has already been done by anons who are more skilled and talented than you'll ever be?
>>
>>3109328
BUT WHAT ABOUT DRAGONS? We can't forget the dragons.
>>
>>3110965
oh man dawg, this gave me so much insight.

want to draw again now.
>>
File: well.jpg (42KB, 480x312px) Image search: [Google]
well.jpg
42KB, 480x312px
>>3109328
Often ask myself this. Drawing is still the only thing I can think about.
>>
File: zL8qHLd.jpg (12KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
zL8qHLd.jpg
12KB, 184x184px
>>3109328
>implying any artists know my fucked up fetishes
>>
>>3109328
Okay so why not just kill ourselves then? Are our lives going to accomplish anything fundamentally new or profound as a whole? Doubtful
>>
>>3111065
there's an artist for every fetish, you're never alone. i have a pretty uncommon fetish and found whole art communities for it.
>>
>>3109328
> When everything you want to express has already been done by artists

I know that's shitpost, but that could hardly be more wrong.
>>
>>3111200
well this way I don't have to stick my neck out and it doesn't need to be in shitty Jap weaboo sameface style
>>
>>3109328
I have talent, intelligence, and lastly creativity
>>
>>3111241
post your work boi
we are waiting
>>
>>3109328
because what I imagine has not been done yet
>>
uh pretty sure no one has drawn my wifes son
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.