[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

really made me think.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_outc2sZ6ac1tsj7cbo1_540.png (172KB, 540x722px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_outc2sZ6ac1tsj7cbo1_540.png
172KB, 540x722px
really made me think.
>>
But then what? What's the next fucking step, OP?!
>>
>>3108349
draw the rest of the owl
>>
>>3108349
Shovels.
>>
>>3108344
such a dumb comic. obviously people mean how to make GOOD art. anyone can shit out art, it's how to make it good that's the issue. fucking owlturd
>>
>>3108464
The comic kind of made me sad. Since Owlturd draws exclusively(?) heavily stylized, cartoony works that don't look like they're based in any advanced technical skill. I'm pretty sure he's one of those people who has never or rarely actually studied, and just uses the "keep going" approach and draws more while only refining the style and not the foundation. So, to him, "just draw" is perfectly valid advice because it's what he did. Of course it's really the only way to START, yes, but it ignores the path to advancement and perpetuates the notion that producing art is enough to get good at it.
>>
>>3108514
I mean he draws in an appealing style consistently. That is probably more than you can do so don't feel too bad for him.
>>
>>3108519
Well yeah, of course he's gained popularity from what he does. He doesn't really need technical skill at this point, wouldn't hurt though. I'm more worried about him trying to encourage people to draw while giving horrible advice about it.
>>
>>3108522
True. I feel like people who look to him for advice aren't gonna want to learn anything past what he does ya know? They probably just want to do a simple, slick style like his and draw for fun. Like the jazza and mark crilley crowd. Most of them just follow a tutorial every couple weeks and that's that. They don't really need to know about fundamentals or anatomy or anything else, the most important thing for them is just mileage and having fun.
>>
>>3108464

It answers that question. Practice practice practice. Don't ask how to be good, ask what you've done wrong and focus on improving beyond your mistakes. It takes years of work to get "GOOD" and at the end of the day it's all subjective. Draw your best every time, and push yourself with new perspectives and stylistic choices. Don't focus on drawing "GOOD" art, focus on drawing YOUR best art.
>>
>>3108514
>refining the style and not the foundation
what a perfect phrase. did you just make that up? i'm gonna steal it.
>>
>>3108464
you are the perfect example of people owlturd is calling out. draw instead of spending your time asking dumb questions on 4chan, you fucking tardo.
>>
>>3108514
>>3108522
If you don't see how his style is supported by strong fundamentals, then you are hopeless. I'm not surprised tho. This place if full of people that rather transform their incompetence into words instead of drawing to get good. You are just another great example of what Owlturd pointed out.
>>
>>3108819
Indeed, owl turd has a high level of technical ability, people on here mistaken his stylistic simplification as not understanding fundamentals. This is why the majority of you are Ngmi
>>
>>3108349
use your own brain. become a problem solver.
>>
>>3108823
have a source on that? im legit curious, i want to see if the dude did any anatomy studies or more realistic work
>>
File: 1493123722098.png (83KB, 1280x512px) Image search: [Google]
1493123722098.png
83KB, 1280x512px
>>3108344
It's the worst meme out there.
>JUST DRAW
Yeah, look kid, just do math!
Maybe you'll invent something baby tier by yourself like addition, but if you want to git gut you HAVE to rely on knowledge of others.
Fucking memers don't want people to make it.
It makes me so mad goddamit.
>>
>>3108823
>>3109004
>the only purpose of art is muh realism
kek, you seem to forget the XX century happened.

>still thinking is 1890
>>
>>3109004
>Yeah, look kid, just do math!
yeah, a good way to learn math is sit the fuck down and studying math.
no one said to draw whatever, but to sit down and study draw

ur a dumbo kiddo
>>
>>3108464
dumbass

http://primomon.tumblr.com/post/161665811468/synthiachen1995-drawing-tutorial
>>
>>3109004
>posting animu reaction image

That explains a lot.
>>
File: meme.gif (114KB, 900x956px) Image search: [Google]
meme.gif
114KB, 900x956px
I think he's funny sometimes
>>
>>3109563
Its just always that joke or some form of it
>>
>>3109567
Why fix what isn't broken right?
>>
>>3109524
ok? your link proves my point. it's learning + practice, not just practice. I don't see an artbook in the OP, just a beginner with their imagination and shitty beginner skill. There's a reason there's a sticky on this board full of useful INFORMATION on what to LEARN. Idiot.

>>3108819
>>3108823

you sound like an easily impressed retard. this place really is the blind leading the blind.

>high level of technical ability

jesus christ how low is your bar

>>3109570
like others have said, he'll stagnate as an artist and as a comedian at this rate. but hey, if he's happy plateauing and his fans are easy to please redditors, I guess why bother.
>>
File: 1478672859359.png (73KB, 290x200px) Image search: [Google]
1478672859359.png
73KB, 290x200px
>>3108464
everyone's gotta start somewhere anon, and rarely is that somewhere good
>>
>>3109567
He does do serious stuff sometimes
>>
I think most people really underestimate how powerful instruction from a teacher in person actually is in art.
>>
>>3109945
because of how hard is to find a good teacher in art
>>
>>3109947
Honestly even someone half decent to set you on the right path gives you an enormous leg up over just winging it yourself trying to follow books by good artists who are terrible teachers.
>>
>>3109733
You're looking too much into it.
In short, NGMI
>>
>>3109733
>you sound like an easily impressed retard. this place really is the blind leading the blind.
Post your work. Cmon, let's see.

inb4, you won't post it cause you know you are talking out of your ass.
>>
He's right
>>
>>3109527
Persona 5 is a video game not anime.
>>
>>3110108
Dumb animeposter
>>
>>3110057
Goteeeeeeem
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.