[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you hobbyists work hard?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1503279774552.jpg (520KB, 1526x1330px) Image search: [Google]
1503279774552.jpg
520KB, 1526x1330px
So I draw like 4-6 hours a day studying my fundamentals and applying it to personal work as if I'm trying to become a professional. Which in retrospect is ridiculous. Why dedicate such a large amount of time to art when you don't even plan on getting paid for it when you could be using that time for fitness and social relationships
>>
>>3107394
Because I actually enjoy drawing and don't care for fitness or social relationships.
>>
>>3107394
I think this thread might be b8 but whatever.
I dunno. What do you want? Do you want to be pro? If not then practice 30min - 1 hr day, go spend rest time party and build gainz.
>>
>>3107394
then why do you do it then if it's so ridiclous?
>>
How much I work varies widely depending on other preoccupations, motivation, etc. If I have a lot of free time for a period I might go several hours in a day. Other times I don't even clock several hours in a week. But I do it because art makes me happy and satisfied. It's also sometimes an augment to social relationships, such as if I'm going to gift someone a painting or to make connections with other artists online. But basically it's like any other hobby. If you really enjoy your hobby, you're going to work at it a lot and try to get better just because you like doing it, right? If your time commitment is unsatisfying to you you might want to cut back, hobbies are supposed to be fun and if you don't have professional ambitions it's fine to take breaks.
>>
>>3107394
is this another kid with too much time on his hands? here's an idea: get a JOB. your parents won't live forever and someday you will have to take care of them.
>>
I enjoy drawing. I don't enjoy fitness and social relationships
>>
>>3107394
ikr that's why I don't even shade of values because I think I'd be fine being able to produce anatomically correct lineart
>>
>>3107410
or do values*
>>
>that time for fitness and social relationships
I'm too far gone to have any healthy relationships. Drawing is fun, socializing isn't.

>do you work hard
I try to, but most of the time I doodle making zero improvement. I have so many tutorials and books I barely use. Studying is frustrating
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.