[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you read?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: visualibrary.jpg (67KB, 630x346px) Image search: [Google]
visualibrary.jpg
67KB, 630x346px
Developing visual library.

Are you developing your visual library?

Do you follow FZD guide?

I tried to read more, but I cannot read books without getting bored. The only book I can read is Dune series.

Its just too boring.

I lately been studying history and reading history books and it a lot easier. For example, how medieval armour and battles really worked is interesting.

I cannot afford to travel so cannot visit interesting places.

Notice it a problem as been developing fundmantals by doing drawabox and Peter Han stuff, but when I go to draw I do not know what to draw.
>>
File: Smug_191c79_5762907.jpg (20KB, 379x364px) Image search: [Google]
Smug_191c79_5762907.jpg
20KB, 379x364px
>I tried to read more, but I cannot read books without getting bored.
NGMI
>>
>>3106699
more memes...yes zog, take up 3 hours a day reading

(((visual library))) does not exist but decades of drawing experience
>>
>>3106699
>I cannot read books without getting bored
>>
File: 076.jpg (307KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
076.jpg
307KB, 900x600px
>>3106699
Could you recommend some books for how medieval armours and battles really worked? I've been getting more and more interested in it just watching skalagrims channel but I don't know where to start book wise.

And as far as what to draw I think a decent way to go about it is just draw what you like. You like Dune and medieval history so maybe draw some sci-fi shit that's influenced by medieval shit. If you haven’t drawn those sort of things before you’re going to suck at it, but you find yourself some references and you take what you like from it. Just draw as much as you can, find references of things you think look cool and make sure you’re getting feedback on your drawings or being self-critical and find things to improve on.
ook wise.
>>
>>3106778
>>3106860
Well, he was talking about random fiction books, it's perfectly fine to ignore them, except maybe the most important ones, like the Iliad.
>>
>he doesnt read books
>>
File: 2480920000_fb59ac37f9_m.jpg (34KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
2480920000_fb59ac37f9_m.jpg
34KB, 240x180px
>>3106875
>>
File: 1423203628308.jpg (56KB, 1024x708px) Image search: [Google]
1423203628308.jpg
56KB, 1024x708px
>>3106875
>>
>>3106875
It's better to watch a good movie than to read some stupid shit.
>>
>>3106699
>Any of you read?

>any of you
>any of you

>as in implying that reading books was some rarity and not just something you assume everybody simply does
>>
I've falling for both of /ic/'s and /lit/'s memes, draw during the day then read in the evening.
Feels good knowing I am indeed the true ubermensch.
>>
>tfw try to read
>feels like a waste of time because the time I spent reading, I could be drawing
NGMI
>>
>>3107083
What about /fit/ though?
>>
>>3107127
/fit/'a meme, they have no true passions, they compensate their lack of personalities by trying to improve their physical appearance.
It's naught but a facade, pussy is only a fleeting goal in the grand scheme, satisfaction from creation is the ultimate goal of the dedicated man.
>>
>>3106881
T. Brainlet
>>
people can always afford to travel unless they are untouchable caste

stop being lazy :^)
>>
>>3107142
Right, cause it's such an intellectual thing to do to read another shitty fantasy novel or whatever you read. Because any book is just inherently better than any movie. Fuck, I hate pretentious retards like you.
>>
>>3107163
you my friend are the opposite of a bait connoisseur
>>
File: IMG_1694.jpg (275KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1694.jpg
275KB, 764x551px
>>3107163
It's okay my brainlet friend. Not all of us were gifted with a supreme intellect, that is the very reason movies were invented. Stick to your fast and furious and rick and morty while I engage with the thoughts of the greatest minds ever created. Oh my, I can see the fumes all the way over here, try not to think so hard lad.
>>
>>3107136
Your fat lard ass is a meme, exercise is good for your health. You cannot be anywhere near a true ubermensch if you have bad physique, bad posture, can't fight, swim butterfly stroke or dance.
>>
File: sadfrog 2.jpg (7KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog 2.jpg
7KB, 228x221px
>>3107163
Love people like this, more idiots to pad out the lower half of the bell curve. There was a millennial I was speaking with who told me there was no need to read when we have youtube and movies. He was 100% convinced if there was something worth knowing, it'd be in a movie or video somewhere.

You can't convince idiots to not be idiots, especially when continuing to stay an idiot is the path of least resistance. And since people rarely consider themselves stupid, if the toilet ain't broke why fix it? Reading forces you to engage a part of your brain correlated with imagination and linguistic processing, uses up a lot of energy (brain burns glucose faster than any other muscle). Plus words are a strain on your eyes, and most other people these days don't read either. Only pretentious nerds read, good guy, stay exactly like you are.
>>
People still read? Are they too poor to buy a TV or something?
>>
>>3106881
>>3107163
This is kind of hypocritical, you implied earlier that movies are better than books. No one is discussing good movies or bad books, we were just talking about books in general. That said, no medium is inherently superior. Good books are good, good movies are good. Your getting defensive seems to imply insecurity about not reading, however. So maybe it would do you some good to read a book, if only to prove to yourself that you can.
>>
>>3107199
Why would anyone own a TV? Most things on the TV can be watched on a computer, which is far more useful. Of course books can also be read on a computer.
>>
>>3107197
>He was 100% convinced if there was something worth knowing, it'd be in a movie or video somewhere.
So, what does it have to do with what I said?

>You can't convince idiots to not be idiots
Sadly, apparently, you're right.

I must add that I actaully do read a lot, but you pretentious faggots really make me mad. You don't even try to inderstant what I'm saying, you just instantly go to defend the object that makes you feel better about yourself. You're so smart, you burn a lot of glucose with your brain (cause it's a good thing), you read books, not like the "millenials".

>lower half of the bell curve
101 point iq, I imagine?

>>3107216
>you implied earlier that movies are better than books
I didn't. Show where I did.

>No one is discussing good movies or bad books, we were just talking about books in general.
Oh, but the pretentious retards don't really care what exactly I say, they have a reflex to defend books, it's a cult object.
>>
>>3107185
The idea of ubermensch doesn't even touch upon physical health, the idea behind it focuses on self improvement, artistic pursuits and creating your own way through life with out worrying what others think. Simplified of course, but that's the general focus.
Regardless to that, I said /fit/ is a meme, not exercise, I walk everyday, garden when I can and keep a good posture while drawing, I can't afford to get out of shape so that it inhibits my other activities. These are things most normal people would do (except the gardening that would probably fall under a hobby).
Did I rile you, brainlet?
>>
>>3107229
>I didn't. Show where I did.
>It's better to watch a good movie than to read some stupid shit.
Read to me like you were generalizing books as stupid shit and defending movies when no one ever attacked or even mentioned movies, but I guess you weren't. It probably would have been more clearly worded as something like "there's no inherent value to books, just consume good media in general, something like a good movie is better than a bad book."

Honestly you sound like the pretentious one here with all this accusation, but I don't really mean that since I think "pretentious" is a really stupid word that shouldn't be used in the first place. If you think people don't try to understand what you say, perhaps it's because you're being aggressive and accusative rather than calmly explaining your point. If someone values books they probably value how they make them think or feel (depending on the kind of book), so if you explain that other media can do that for you as well they'll probably accept that and agree with you. If they do just like books as ego-boosters, that's their problem, and they can just feel superior. You probably feel superior for thinking you see through them. We all want to feel superior.
>>
>>3107163

No, but movies are made by other people. You're confined within their vision of what things supposed to be. That's why 99% of the time people who watch movie based on a book they've read think that movie is shit. Some even get defensive about it because they already built their own imagination of what things suppose to be.

When you're immersed in reading a book your imagination will be in auto mode. Your brain will make use of every shit it can find in your visual library and break it apart and combine shit together to produce whatever it is in that book. You will build your own imaginary world, characters, creatures.

Watch movies, read comic books, manga and read novels. Movies and comic will fill your visual library but reading text will push your imaginations.
>>
>>3107230
The thing is, your brain is a part of your body.
http://4umi.com/nietzsche/zarathustra/4
>>
>>3107259
Not the guy you responded to but I like this explanation, I've always thought it was just because books can go a lot deeper into basically any non-visual idea. Thanks.
>>
>>3107259
>>3107271
>tfw imagination is trash for reading because can only pull upon things I know and have seen before
>>
>>3107272
That's literally how probably more than 99% of imagination works. If you think your imagination sucks, probably either you're insecure or your visual library isn't highly developed. People generally aren't going to imagine totally unique things, you build upon what you know.
>>
>>3106699
>I cannot read books without getting bored

ngmi kys
>>
File: 1476728084795.gif (510KB, 700x827px) Image search: [Google]
1476728084795.gif
510KB, 700x827px
I can't even watch movies or TV without getting bored.
Should I just end it?
>>
>>3107136
oi tho how can you appreciate the human form and not feel some kind of terrible and crippling shame by not making your body its own form of art?

ngmi
>>
>>3107219
>Why would anyone own a TV?

You can't sit with your friends on the computer, sperglord
>>
>>3107588
when i was younger i used to watch 4-6 movies at once on my computer screen, perhaps you can try that, because of the way movies are structured it's actually not at all difficult to keep up with all 6
>>
>>3107634
literally why you can't engage best that way that's disrespect to the composers and actors/animators.
>>
>>3107609
>need a tv to amuse friends
>>
>>3107229
lol fucking retard
>>
>>3106699
I used to be a better reader when I was in middle school than I am now. Over a decade of playing games for 30+ hours per week and an unhealthy lifestyle has completely crippled me intellectually and it has caught up to me now that I want to actually accomplish things in life. Thankfully I'm still relatively young, turning 24, so I can still improve but it'll take time anon. Getting bored with fiction is normal, especially if it's old literature because it's harder to read due to the difference in language and usage. It doesn't help that a lot of books are filled with old tropes and cliches that we've been exposed to since we were kids. Best advice I can give is that if you're reading genre fiction for entertainment then if it's boring just don't read it. If you're trying to read for educational purpose, such as trying to pick up an author's prose then just bite the bullet and power through it.
>>
>>3107230
Not getting /fit/ is retarded. Even just eating well and going on a walk every day is good enough. Poor health affects how well your body operates when it performs tasks. For example, a person that's /fit/ can, when equally skilled, perform better than a 300 pound fatass.
>>
>>3107268
Your right by linking that chapter, he is describing seeing the body as a tool for the mind, what I'm disagreeing with is the /fit/ mentality, not being fit. They are different.
>>3107660
I'm guessing you didn't read my post, since you are just re-iterating what I said in it and trying to use it as a counter argument against me.
Also this strawman of a man that doesn't exercise instantly becomes a 300 pound lard arse is pretty funny.
>>
>>3107681
getting /fit/ is just doing something as simple as exercising. You don't have to put in 2 hours a day and buy 200 dollars worth of supplements to get /fit/ you retarded fuck. You take the /fit/ memes too seriously and hate them because you're probably a fat ass.
>>
>>3107690
You sure get angry easily about people talking about exercise and enjoy calling everyone fat, are you projecting something here, tubs?
Anyway the entire point of the conversation was about /fit/s memes, I know you have struggle with reading and you can't understanding context since you've aggressively repeated my own opinion three times now and tried to use it against me.
I'll let you off, my tubby little buddy.
>>
>>3107695
No weren't talking about /fit/ memes but calling /fit/ a meme, there's a difference and you're being a faggot for pretending like you meant something else.
>>3107136
>/fit/'s a meme
>>3107230
>I said /fit/ is a meme
Fuck off retard. I wasn't even the original anon who called you a lardass but I'm pretty sure you are, even if you try to play it off as projecting.
>>
>>3107681
>Your right
Read a fucking grammar book, ubermensch.
>>
>>3107634
lmao adhd at its finest
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.