[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to paint like this on Sai?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 25

Is it possible to paint like this on Sai?
>>
>>3105684
I think it has gray too.
>>
>>3105684
yes.
>>
>>3105690
Mind posting some examples?
>>
>>3105699
Technically you can paint like this in paint, RIP.
>>
>>3105684
No.
SAI does not support dynamic brushes like Photoshop
SAI does not support layers styles like Photoshop
SAI has limited editing capabilities and cannot achieve the final look.
>>
>>3105738
SAI does all those things what the honest fuck are you talking about.
Im fucking sick of retards like you shitting on SAI like its some subpar drawing program.
Its one of the best there is and id argue its better than PS for actual artists.
>>3105713
we all know you can technically draw a hyper realistic image of Santa Clause in mspaint, thats not what fucking OP was asking.
You aren't funny or clever for saying this shit just because you saw a video some old fart make a figure drawing with chocolate bar.
>>
>>3105738
except you can. The artwork from OP doesn't seem to need dynamic brushes.
>>
>>3105808
FALSE.
PS is the industry standard and has superior capabilities over. SAI, which has deprecated and is no longer updated. SAI doesn't even have a histogram. It can't even into LAB!

>>3105846
FALSE.
Photoshop dynamic brushes, along with the best editing features for raster, is what sets the work apart from other done is inferior quality programs.
>>
>>3105869
PS is only the industry standard in the west.
In places like Korea and Japan professionals use SAI and the non free versions have updates you are talking out of your ass.
>>
>>3105869
SAI is getting a 2.0 version soon with even more updates. Also everyone uses SAI in Korea/Japan especially like the other poster said, just because you don't have some fancy effects doesn't mean they won't be included later and make PS obsolete. Fuck off
>>
File: weebshopbtfo.jpg (124KB, 1052x1108px) Image search: [Google]
weebshopbtfo.jpg
124KB, 1052x1108px
>>3105870
>PS is only the industry standard in the west.
Adobe publishes PS in Korean, Japanese, and Chinese. It's the standard the world over. Deal with it,

>>3105898
>SAI is getting a 2.0 version soon with even more updates.
FALSE
The original developer has abandoned the program for several years now and has not shown any signs of releasing the source code. 2.0 was released as a beta in Japan years ago
>>
>>3105909
>Adobe publishes PS in Korean, Japanese, and Chinese
Which means fuck all because vast majority of professionals PREFER and USE SAI in Japan and Korea. In China they probably use some PS ripoff.
>>
>>3105916
nope
>>
>>3105909
>FALSE
its literally out now?
http://www.systemax.jp/en/sai/devdept.html
>>
File: evolution-photoshop.jpg (536KB, 700x2922px) Image search: [Google]
evolution-photoshop.jpg
536KB, 700x2922px
>>3105916
nothing personal, kid
>>
>>3105916
No. Let's be more specific here - manga and comic artists in Japan seem to prefer SAI. Other design professionals? They use Adobe products. I can guarantee you this, as I've worked with Japanese ad agencies and record labels. They use Adobe products for the same reasons we do - reliability and industry standards for things like color conversion (rgb to cmyk) and workflow.
You kids here like to pretend you know how the whole world works, when you know about a small subset of one country, Japan, and a small segment of their creative community, comic artists. Just stop. You sound fucking ridiculous, and if you were to start spouting off like this in professional circles in any country, you'll be written off as a worthless weeabo who refuses to use the proper tools for the job.
Go look at job listings in ANY country for any kind of professional, creative job - outside of comics, you will never see SAI mentioned.
>>
>>3105928
It"s literally a "technical preview version"?
>>
>>3105927
>>3105929
>>3105931
popularity =/= performance

SAI is just as good as PS. Deal with it.
>>
>>3105931
Continued...
If you, or anyone reading this, has any ambition to work professionally, you really need to learn the basic toolset of Photoshop, even if you have to pirate it. As someone who's had to hire designers and creatives, I want to see solid, basic skills. You don't have to be a Certified Expert (that would get you hired instantly at the jobs I was hiring for), but I don't want to see "SAI" on a resume, because that means I'm gonna have to take three months and get you up to speed on Photoshop basics. By refusing to use Photoshop, you're not doing yourself any favors by insisting on using SAI, and telling others to use it - especially if you're going to try and get a job doing any kind of editing on photos. If you're not applying for cartooning jobs, "SAI" should only be mentioned as "Oh, yeah, I know this too, but my main focus is the Creative Suite."
I know most of the PS hate here is from angry neckbeards who are secret weeabos and only want to emulate Japanese artists, because they have no real identity themselves, or cheapskates and kids who's allowance doesn't cover a CC sub, but if your goal is to work for companies like Blizzard, or in movies, or whatever, you're going to need to know the basic toolset of Photoshop MINIMUM. It's just the way it is. It's an industry standard for damned good reasons, no matter what your opinion is. Learn it. Pirate it if you have to. But don't try to bamboozle anyone by trying to make it sound like it's not THE main app in creative positions all over the fucking world.
>>
>>3105935
SAI on a resume won't count for shit.

Deal with it.

I guess we triggered a weeabo here, if you're going to make completely moronic statements like this. It also shows you're not a professional, and never will be.
>>
>all these people saying sai is just as good as PS
>no examples of ps quality work done on sai.

fucking idiots
>>
>>3105972
i have used PS, SAI and Manga Studio/CSP
SAI doesn't have as many image adjustment options, no gimmicks with color selection, etc that photoshop has and of course no texture or double brush options.
MS/CSP is closer to PS with all the good things that people love about SAI, including real color blending and pen stabilization, but it still lacks in brush texture department
PS was made primarily for photo retouching, but it finally became the Creative Suite when Adobe partnered up with Corel Painter, admitting that it's also used by artists. It introduced the blender brush and canvas rotation that it didn't previously have... i don't have the latest version of PS now, but afaik it STILL doesn't have a real blend tool and their customer service tells you to use either the blur tool, which we know isn't strong enough at all. We users had to invent the workaround that involves the scatter option with some spacing on the smudge tool. It's things like this make me question whether anyone actually paints on PS in Adobe's headquarters, because you can instantly tell that the biggest difference is that SAI and CSP/MS were made FOR artists, while PS still caters more toward photographers and graphic designers
>>
File: 1503074200737.jpg (114KB, 1028x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503074200737.jpg
114KB, 1028x720px
>>3105944
>touts photoshop, a program that literally everyone uses as the fucking magnum opus of his resume
>his work doesn't speak for itself

$10 says I am worlds ahead of you.
>>
>>3106011
i mean yes, you can emulate the traditional dry brush in PS, but i've always seen it as a gimmick, a trend that refuses to die, a traditional artist that still clings to his nostalgia, or a failed artist who always wanted to be a traditional painter. it just looks cringey to me.
>>
Wait so professionals actually use SAI? I always thought it was like Paint+, and that the industry standard were PS or Clip Studio Paint.

Like I thought everyone eventually moved from SAI.
>>
Oh yeah, SAI is also a fairly lightweight program, so you don't need as much RAM to run it smoothly. Artists without rich parents or who live in 3rd world countries might prefer it if their pc can't handle PS.
>>
>>3106025
LOL, aw, how cute, the weeabo thinks he's better.

But, if you want to play the resume game, lets play: professional artist for 30 years, Bachelor of Fine Art with a concentration in Illustration, creative professional to pay the bills, freelance alongside that and have worked in the music industry and book publishing industries, and I'm pretty confident in that you own an album cover I made. My gold and platinum records on the wall are pretty cool, too. I've worked as an artist, as a designer, as an illustrator, and I've worked as an art director hiring artists. I've done everything from fine art publishing to working on mainstream magazines, and working for Fortune 500 companies as a creative professional. The only thing I havent done yet is publish a book, and I'm working on a graphic novel project right now. I hope to publish in 2018.

Lets see your resume, bubba. You talked the talk, walk the walk.

You neckbeards just can't admit when you're wrong, can you? Is it genetic? All of this could be avoided if you'd just shut your fucking mouth, admit you're wrong, and stop being a child and being butthurt because people use something you don't. I'd love to know how much of people's time you waste on neckbeard nonsense like this.
>>
>>3106035
Yeah, I was surprised when I discovered that Shigenori Soejima, the main artist for the Persona series, paints on Sai.
>>
>>3106042
just post your work grandpa.
>>
>>3106045
I guess skill is what matters in the end, duh, right? Although I guess no one would claim that it isn't clear that depending on what you do PS or CSP are better options.
>>
>>3106047
You first.
>>
>>3106042
So many lofty accomplishments, I am sure everyone here is impressed.With that much in your resume, I'm sure you list microsoft word on there too.

Here are my accomplishments kiddo, I have worked in the industry for 31 years, have been on the moon, I am a multi-millionaire playboy, a personal trainer, I taught Floyd Mayweather how to box, guided Luke Skywalker to his destiny, and I fuck you wife each and every night.

I also use GIMP. Fight me.
>>
>>3106042

I was born on 21 May 1966. I was raised in Detroit, Michigan, United States. I began drawing from a very young age and I'm a big fan of Samraj. I graduated from the University of Detroit Jesuit High School in 1984, proceeding to Kalamazoo College, where I befriended children's book writer/illustrator (and 2001 Caldecott award winner) David Small. Small greatly affected my artistic development as an illustrator and as a writer.

Upon graduating from college in 1988, I moved to Taiwan, then Japan, and once more in Taiwan in 1993. I made my living by teaching English. It was while living in Japan, in the fall of 1992, that I came up with a comic book and created my first adventure comic book.

I do everything traditionally.
>>
>>3106035
>Wait so professionals actually use SAI?
e-celebs=/=professionals.
Find a product, a film, a game. a comic, any kind of work that published and sold. There will not be ONE thing made with that toy program SAI
>>
>>3106066
And you're still a basement dwelling reject
LOL
>>
File: P5_promocovers_PS4.jpg (1MB, 1746x2147px) Image search: [Google]
P5_promocovers_PS4.jpg
1MB, 1746x2147px
>>3106072
:^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YAJkM9fX_w&t=53s
>>
I use Photoshop CC2017, CSP, and Sai interchangeably but the only thing Sai really has over the other two is being lightweight and LumiShade layer effects, but you can imitate LumiShade in the other programs with some workarounds.
If I had a decent computer that wasn't 7+ years old I would probably only use CSP and PS but as long as you are half decent and flexible with the tools you use most programs are serviceable and depending on your work in the industry it might suit you to learn the ropes in more than one program anyway.

>>3105684
If you wanna paint that style in Sai you might wanna just paint in greyscale at first then colorize it on another later, merge then do final touch-ups; which is basically what you can do on any program that has "color" layer mode and more than one layer available.
You can do it countless other ways so if you find you hate working like that go ahead and try something else.
>>
>>3106075
AND IT STILL WASN"T USED IN THE FINAL PRODUCTION! HAHAHAHA
>>
File: IMG_3515.png (248KB, 540x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3515.png
248KB, 540x436px
>>3105684
Yes you definitely can. I think a good example of a Sai artist is pigeon666
>>
>>3106198
damn that's the most realistic anime hand i've ever seen
>>
>>3106202
Yeah her artwork is very beautiful and extremely detailed. She has some speed paints up on YouTube
>>
>thinking the tools made the artist.

What the hell do you think we are, photographers?
>>
>>3106198
>>3106210
Kinda disappointed the results I am getting show them drawing in Photoshop since I was interested in seeing their Sai workflow but their photoshop stuff is nice too.
>>
Photoshop is the superior program. Though I exclusively use Sai, and this piece does seem like it was done in Sai, Photoshop has many options to make even a piece like this easier to produce, because it has more options to adjust the picture. Some of the aspects like the shadows and color choices you can easily change in Photoshop, but Sai, unless you have a very good understanding of fundamentals, and a very strict idea in mind, is very difficult to get right the first time, which for the most time, Sai requires. It's a natural (and low cost) paint program, but with Photoshop, even if you mess up hours behind, it's easier to fix than with Sai.

With Sai, there's more 'painterly' freedom, but for modern digital painting technique, and by that I mean efficient digital wise, Photoshop is ideal.
>>
>>3106042
here's your (you)

Now kindly bait somewhere else
>>
>>3105684
>That halfarsed full lotus
Yeah, no.
>>
File: 12346476987987.jpg (107KB, 720x868px) Image search: [Google]
12346476987987.jpg
107KB, 720x868px
What the fuck going on in this thread? Why it's not deleted?
>>
>>3106705
Post your work
>>
File: HT-borat2-ml-161103_4x3_992.jpg (129KB, 992x744px) Image search: [Google]
HT-borat2-ml-161103_4x3_992.jpg
129KB, 992x744px
>>3106712
>Why it's not deleted?
>>
>>3105870
>>3105909

I've seen a lot of Japanese pros use Sai for painting only. People who do Anime / Manga type styles use Sai or CSP more.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1YAJkM9fX_w

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ONWaZZg0mqw
>>
shitting on each other for their program preferences. lol. Just git gud. Doesn't matter what program you use.
>>
>>3106210
wonderful talent wasted on the shittiest of subjects, what a shame
>>
>>3107032
it's not that easy, brush engines differ a lot.
>>
SAI has better blending....i don't know how the fuck anyone blends in PS....seems like there's no option for it other than some shitty smudge tool that is nothing like SAI blur tool....AND it blends really well as i paint AND i dont have to fucking open some separate window to color select since in SAI it's right there where i need it. So far PS is only useful to me to adjust things with liqufy or the warp tool and also to finish out a painting with color/value adjustments.
>>
>>3105684
Yes, pixels are pixels. It may take you slightly longer without photoshop brushes but it's possible.
>>
>>3107156
>seems like there's no option for it other than some shitty smudge tool that is nothing like SAI blur tool

Your problem is you're looking for a preset/tool that does the work for you. Photoshop is primarily an image editor, but it has strong painting tools, but you have to learn to use them, instead of having the app do it for you. Thousands of artists every day blend in Photoshop just fine, because they learned how. It's not hard. There are hundreds of Youtube videos on it, and articles explaining it. But I guess it's easier to bitch about it than look into it, right? Oh, by the way - it does have a blending brush, it's called the Mixer Brush. If you';re using the smudge tool to blend, you're doing it wrong, anyway. Again, you want a push button option that does it for you. A little work and investigation, and you could find out how to blend in PS, instead of bitching like a little girl ere.
I honestly don't care what people use, but if you make shit up, like "all professionals use SAI hurrr" or "You can't blend in Photoshop" - I'm going to show how wrong you are.
>>
>>3106011
>their customer service tells you to use either the blur tool,
Nonsense, they have a Mixer Brush, which is a blending brush. You pulled that right out of your ass, didn't you?

Also, no, it did not become the creative suite when they "partnered with Corel Painter", that never happened, you made it up - like most of what you posted. The Creative Suite is a collection of all of their publishing tools - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and Dreamweaver, into one suite with a unified UI and cross compatibility and cross-functionality, it had zip to do with Corel Painter.
>We users had to invent the workaround that involves the scatter option with some spacing on the smudge tool.

Say....what? Are you high, and imagining things?
>>
>>3106057
Yeah, I thought so. Just admit you're wrong, and shut the fuck up, loser.
>>
File: Photoshop_20-656a.png (519KB, 1325x882px) Image search: [Google]
Photoshop_20-656a.png
519KB, 1325x882px
>>3107156
>SAI has better blending....i don't know how the fuck anyone blends in PS
That really depends on your settings and what you want like this isn't really 1:1 since I just used brushes I already have and don't feel like making more but it kind of shows you can get similar results with the same amount of tools even.
Personally I prefer CSP to both when it comes to blending while painting and also watercolor blending since I find it easier to adjust and I like sai the least for blending since it tends to feel a bit too slick, but I do really like drafting and sketching with sai since it's such a small, lightweight program.
>>
>>3107238
PS's Mixer Brush / Blur tool is ass compared to SAI's Watercolor / Blur. Shit even CSP's Blending is better than PS's.
>>
>>3105684
I don't see why not. It doesn't look like anything complex in a program is necessary, it's the basal knowledge that's complex.
>>
>>3107306
It's "ass" because you don't know how to use it. Grow the fuck up already.
>>
>>3107329
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJJ-ZLdrTwY
>>
>>3107248
you're a self-righteous prick, aren't you?
>>
Everything else slow as snail in my crappy laptop so I still stick with SAI.
>>
>>3107248
>Nonsense, they have a Mixer Brush, which is a blending brush. You pulled that right out of your ass, didn't you?
no, on Adobe forums they really did tell someone to use the blur tool to blend and that it's somehow a technical limitation to make it stronger (?).
your beloved mixer brush is a glorified smudge, nothing more. something tells me you haven't even tried any other program outside of PS.

>blah blah
i know what Creative suite is, you don't have to list everything that's included in it. i myself have used PS, Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver for a number of years. my point was, Adobe's partnership with Corel preceded the release of CS, but the main reason for CS was to munch off money from students and professionals on a monthly basis aka subscription style, which is absolute bullshit tactic if you ask me, because in the long run you will end up paying a lot more than the original price tag.

>Say....what? Are you high, and imagining things?
hey don't lash out on me if you don't know how to use the program.
>>
SAI has stabilizer.
>>
>>3107387
Aw, is someone's wittle fee fees hurt?

You're literally making shit up, asshole. Of you're upset, neckbeards always get pissy when proven wrong.
>>
File: IMG_20170803_155908.jpg (95KB, 845x989px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170803_155908.jpg
95KB, 845x989px
>>3107329
Nope I've used all of em before and can confirm PS's blending is garbage compared to SAI n CSP.
>>
PS is for real professionals.

Only fat virgin weebs use SAI.
>>
Sai is good for line art, at least for me with the steady line shit.

photoshop is better for coloring
>>
>>3105684
Sai 2, probably.
Sai 1, maybe.
>>
File: 109_by_sidwill_cg-d3dc20m.jpg (197KB, 646x1050px) Image search: [Google]
109_by_sidwill_cg-d3dc20m.jpg
197KB, 646x1050px
>>3105684
this was made in Sai
>>
File: cornis_by_sidwill_cg-d39fz4d.jpg (1MB, 1944x2500px) Image search: [Google]
cornis_by_sidwill_cg-d39fz4d.jpg
1MB, 1944x2500px
>>3107673
and this.

alot of really good stuff is made with sai.
>>
File: DHtu6__VwAApGL0.jpg (66KB, 600x945px) Image search: [Google]
DHtu6__VwAApGL0.jpg
66KB, 600x945px
>>3105684
>>
You'll have alot of blowhards who want to believe artistic results depend alot on software/hardware, so that its something that isnt them. The painful truth is, you can make masterpieces on any bit of software, the only difference is that the time may differ. (This provides the argument that if you're capable of creating high end results on less than optimal software, you're displaying more discipline and skill than someone who pays alot of money to cut corners.

It depends on your skill as an artist, like always.
>>
Can you do it with a Piece of shit and a piece of paper, Yeah probably if you were skilled enough. Should you? No.
>>
>>3107673
>>3107675
these aren't good, though...
>>
>>3106042
What the fuck is this post? I just got bloody cancer from this, jesus christ. I like PS for what it features, but holy autism. Fucking fanboys I swear,
>>
File: 54355719_p0.jpg (688KB, 800x1123px) Image search: [Google]
54355719_p0.jpg
688KB, 800x1123px
>>3105684
Rei 17 is one of my favorite artists, and most of what she does is done with Sai, with some Photoshop for effects and adjustment.

As far as getting a Photoshop-like look in Sai, it's possible but you have to work for it because of the differences between the underlying brush engines. Sai's behaves like an airbrush. A stroke would build up on itself, while Photoshop's does not. Sai brushes also become blurred at lower opacity. In order to get a buildup of crisp, low opacity brushwork that you get for free in Photoshop, in Sai you'd have to paint on a temp layer with a full opacity brush, lower the opacity value of the layer, and drop it down with each stroke.
>>
Is Sai2 a separate program from regular Sai? Or does it install into the original?
>>
File: psvssai.jpg (304KB, 1886x1575px) Image search: [Google]
psvssai.jpg
304KB, 1886x1575px
I'll leave this here
>>
>>3108453
That doesn't really prove one as better than the other. Aside from the obvious-ass cherrypicking, all this shows is that PS is better for emulating traditional, more realistic mediums with SAI being better for heavily stylized, vibrant work.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 245x205px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 245x205px
>>3108472
>That doesn't really prove one as better than the other
It clearly does
>>
>>3108439
Separate like Photoshop CS5 vs CS6
>>
>>3108493
How so? It shows that they each have different uses and which one you use depends on your own personal preference as an artist.
>>
>>3108493
Give me works by the same artist in similar styles in both Photoshop and SAI. That is a fair comparison. Not works with clear difference in style and skill that presumably are not by the same artist.
>>
>>3105684 (OP)

this is the answer >>3107894
>>
>>3108498
>How so?
PS is more powerful which means it has more capabilities than SAI, therefore superior work. The fact that nearly all digital art tutorials use PS speaks quantities about the qualities of the program. SAI tutorials are by shut-ins that can't speak English

>Give me works by the same artist in similar styles in both Photoshop and SAI
Most, if not all, professional artists don't waste their time with a toy program like SAI. On average PS user produces far more superior work than SAI users do.
>>
>>3108506
One of the most important skills of an artist is knowing the right tool for the job. A master understands and appreciates the fact that a great work of art will also depend on the quality of his instruments and mediums. History of great painters shows the extent they would go to procure the finest pigments for their paints. Architects would strive for the finest scales and protractors. And likewise, the best digital artists will seek the best program-- PHOTOSHOP
>>
You use the industry standard for anime style, SAI/CSP. You use the industry standard for concept art--photoshop. Is that so hard to comprehend?

It's possible to make amazing paintings in Sai but it's limited like these coons ITT are saying. CSP is arguably rivaled with photoshop but in the end you use photoshop anyway for post processing no matter what program you ride with.
>>
>>3107731
Artist?
>>
File: DARdZKcVwAAKMC5.jpg.jpg (35KB, 434x645px) Image search: [Google]
DARdZKcVwAAKMC5.jpg.jpg
35KB, 434x645px
>still responding to bait
LMAO
>>3108633
Rei 17
>>
>>3107036
you could be like them one day if you weren't here
>>
>>3105869
sketching and linearting in SAI is vastly superior than PS.
>>
I usually use Photoshop and I just tried out SAI's water tool.
Holy shit it's amazing. Photoshop's blending tool is nothing on this.
I feel so seriously conflicted right now. I hate pretty much the rest of SAI (except for its better handle of flow), but I absolutely love its blending tool.
What should I do? I'm really torn apart
>>
>>3106042
>I've been involved in numerous secret raids on CalArts, and I have over 300 confirmed licenses
>>
>>3111720
Get SAI 2, dummy.
>>
>>3111720
Use CSP since it's a middle ground with an even better blending brush system than Sai due to customization.
>>
Why the fuck do people use Photoshop to draw anyways?

It's an image editing software
>>
>>3112726
Because Craig Mullins did it and everyone caught on because they didn't realize it could be used to do that. Now they just continue to use it because it still works.
>>
>>3112726
Because you can take advantage of its unique and powerful tools to assist you. The utility of Photoshop is still unmatched. Not everyone's workflow involves digital painting techniques that might be better emulated in other programs.
>>
File: 42_42_doxy_382850.png (602KB, 485x830px) Image search: [Google]
42_42_doxy_382850.png
602KB, 485x830px
Doxy uses Sai.
>>
>>3112726
Because it's the best program? It's got a good brush engine and can do a ton of really powerful things other than just painting which helps a lot in image making. Other programs are very lacking in comparison.
>>
>>3105684
would it be possible to do it in krita?
>>
>>3112726
m-muh industry standard
>>
>>3113828
yes, it just might take forever though because krita is laggy af
>>
>>3113820
>Best program
And? You don't need a nuclear fusion reactor just to make sodium chloride. You don't need what you won't use.
>>
>>3105929
photoshop 7 was the largest improvement from all other versions. It's what introduced custom brushes, healing tools, and honestly became the "painters" photoshop. You could use photoshop 7 today and get basically all the same features of the newer versions.

5.0 was my favorite though. The airbrush was a completely separate tool while in photoshop 7.0 it was a toggle (like in the newer versions) for the paintbrush. It was really really hard for me to transition into the newer versions because of that.

I used 5.0 for over a decade. What made me change into the newer versions though was the warp tool and puppet tool. That shit is amazing and a game changerrrrrrrr.

I still use all round brushes like in 5.0 though.
>>
>>3106073
Houses in Taiwan don't usually have basements
>>
>>3106190
not him but the description says he uses both sari and ps
>>
Shadman uses both
>>
Gimp can do everything photoshop can but better and for free.
>>
>>3107302
uuh lol. U can use any brush and any settings for your brush in photoshop. If you are gonna compare standard brushes, why even compare anything.
>>
>>3117963
What are you even on about? The only default brush there besides the ones used to slap down swatches of color is the sai brush one since that is one of the brushes people talk about when they refer to pigmented blending.
It was just a quick demo to show you can have similar enough blending results in PS like you can in Sai anyway.
>>
What about clip/manga studio.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1438x1079px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1438x1079px
>>3105738
Not so fast!
>>
So is there no middle ground between Sai and photoshop? Is Krita any good?
>>
>>3119740
>>3119566
Clip studio paint.

I used Sai and PS for 7 years and recently moved to CSP. It's everything that Sai gets right, but 100 times the amount of tools and brush options. There is much more customization than PS even, like in keyboard shortcuts and stuff. And unlike PS every single option and knob is oriented towards art. It's ridiculous.

The downside is that the amount of options settings can become overwhelming. It can be very stressful to find what every option does because it has things you can't find on other software, and the help is written in broken English.

I see why many people stay away from it. The interface is buttugly, contusing and there are very few tutorials and documentation compared to PS or Sai. But goddamn, once you tame it you can't go back to other software. I don't think I could even settle for PS now. It's so primitive.
>>
Why is OP trying to shill PS so hard when no artist in history has ever legally purchased it?

>>3121515
I know it's boss for comics, but is it as good for painting as the other two? Also do you rec any tutorials?
>>
>>3123010

Not him but I've used PS for 15 years or som CSP is superior in almost every regard except fine tuning color adjustment and such. When it comes to painting and drawing CSP blows PS out of the water imo. Two of my favorite things about CSP is 1. the brush engine supports blending and 2. you can turn any brush into a eraser with one click by painting with opacity.
>>
>>3123021
>1. the brush engine supports blending
I don't get this, does PS not have blending or is this something else? I mostly use SAI to paint and PS for comics so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>3121515
How can I move PS brushes to CSP
>>
>>3105684
What media did this artist use
>>
>>3123022
The blending is just smoother in CSP and the brush engine has more options. I don't know how to explain it in technical terms but PS feels more like acrylics and CSP like oils, sort of.

>>3123024

You can't. You can only import the brush stamp, but you can't make the brush behave exactly the same.
>>
>>3105928
don't bite the bait dude
>>
>>3111850
kek
>>
>>3106042
What the fuck are you doing on 4chan then grandpa
I'm saving this because it's a good pasta
>>
>>3106042
>all of those credentials and things you think are worth bragging about
>still an asshole and corporate jew slave
really juggled my jigglies pappio
>>
>>3123289
it's a copypasta newfag
>>
File: into your ass it goes.png (607KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
into your ass it goes.png
607KB, 512x512px
>>3123295
it is NOW
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.