[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can i draw black?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Scan0002.jpg (327KB, 1090x571px) Image search: [Google]
Scan0002.jpg
327KB, 1090x571px
can i?
>>
>>3103672
The face doesn't NOT look vaguely like a black woman. But her head and face are still very much symbol drawn. You need to study anatomy.
>>
Looks like a black American indian.
>>
>>3103786
Not even vaguely? skin colour? big lips, wide nose? what are you seeing?!

And 'symbol'? how is that head/face a symbol?!
>>
File: 4.jpg (731KB, 1242x1920px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
731KB, 1242x1920px
>>
>>3104391
Michiko e Hatchin
>>
>>3104362
>>3104362

First, I would say you shouldn't get all riled up when somebody gives you simple critique of your work.

I said "doesn't NOT look". Kind of a complicated way of saying it does kinda sorta look like a black woman. Sorry if English isn't your first language or something. It was a confusing sentence construction. But if you're so sure it looks like a convincing black woman, then why did you ask?

>And 'symbol'? how is that head/face a symbol?!

Symbol drawing is when you just kind of draw what you think something looks like rather than what it actually looks like. Take your drawing. Her head is a big oval. Her neck is a little stick stuck to the bottom of the oval. You should study anatomy.

Btw in the future, you should put your work in the beginner's general not make your own thread.
>>
>>3104686
'Yes' to your admission of a strange sentence structure...

What I think it looks like? You could tell it was a face, you recognised a nose, eyes - they are not symbols, it's what they are intended to be! Nothing symbolic about it - it is what it is! Poor choice of word..'symbol'?!
Study anatomy, for what is intended to a cartoon style drawing?! Why would I do that? realism is not the aim - what do you think cartoons are?
>>
>>3104693
This is not a genuine post.
>>
>>3104693
Look, if you're going to be combative and lose your shit in the face of constructive criticism you definitely shouldn't post your work on a board called "Artwork/Critique".

>You could tell it was a face, you recognised a nose, eyes - they are not symbols, it's what they are intended to be! Nothing symbolic about it - it is what it is! Poor choice of word..'symbol'?!

"Symbol drawing" is an established visual art term--I did not create it. Because you are not understanding I will say again. Symbol Drawing as defined is when you carelessly draw something based on a kind of vague notion of what your brain thinks it looks like--a kind of "symbol"-- rather than carefully as it is. Your woman has a big egg head and a stick neck. Beginning artists often render heads and necks this way. Yours is an unequivocal example of symbol drawing. Your drawings lack consistency and certainty. This was clearly not an attempt at a stylistic choice. The man's neck and head look more like they should. I do not know if you looked more carefully at a reference picture but it looks better than the woman.

>Study anatomy, for what is intended to a cartoon style drawing?!

You would be well served to do so.

When you become good enough at drawing and understand form, anatomy, etc. you can start to freely play around with these things in a very fun and liberating way. Command of anatomy will absolutely make you a better cartoonist.
>>
>>3103672
lol you can't even draw at all
>>
>>3104767
My drawings lack consistency? you've seen my other ones? Anyway, what's wrong with 'symbol drawing'? aren't I a good symbol drawer?

When you say i become 'good enough', who determines that? suppose I tell you I consider myself 'good enough' now?
>>
>>3103672
remember that black skin has a lot of green in it. when I paint a black person I do the underpainting in a mars black + yellow ochre combined green and it works perfectly. Add some green.

tldr: needs more loomis
>>
>>3103672
Why are u retards responding to obvious bait
>>
>>3105169
>My drawings lack consistency? you've seen my other ones?

I compared the woman to the man. I told you the man's neck and head look more like they should, hence the inconsistency.

>When you say i become 'good enough', who determines that?

Nature does. You either have a command of human anatomy or you don't. Either is very evident to anyone with eyes.

>suppose I tell you I consider myself 'good enough' now?

Then I would strongly disagree with you.

>>3105186
I've considered the possibility that they're a troll--but I can't really figure their angle if they are so I'm kind of going off the assumption they're actually not.
>>
>>3105169
>Anyway, what's wrong with 'symbol drawing'? aren't I a good symbol drawer?

Erroneously drawing things based on vague stored information from your brain instead of drawing them how they should look based on practice and careful observation is what's wrong with symbol drawing.
>>
>>3105205
OK, you've set yourself up for it - show us all YOUR drawings of heads/faces - go on!
>>
This is one of the greatest drawings of black carribean i have ever seen in 40 years of beign alive.
>>
Can someone explain this meme to me? How long has this guy been around /ic/?
>>
>>3105217
Fucking hell man, keep going. I love it.
>>
How is black skin brown/reddish.
>>
How can I make the man look more lifelike?
>>
>>3106470
Actually learn proper facial proportions.
>>
>>3104391
>tfw unironically think that artstyle is kinda cute
>>
>>3104391

There are like 2 black main and repeating 1 cast side character in this seasons anime (based on what I'm watching). That's a lot considering we represent 13% of a dwindling population.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.