[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Industrial design vs fine arts

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: industrial design.jpg (264KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
industrial design.jpg
264KB, 1200x600px
Help me /ic! After dropping our from college I decided to try following my dream, becoming an artist. My aim is becoming extremely good at drawing any subject from immagination.

Now, I can choose between two school, a very good industrial design one and a crappy fine arts one.

The industrial design seems the safest option with the highest chances to find a job, the problem is that it will be pretty hard and I don't know if it's exactly what I'm looking for, sure it will help but I don't know how much.

The fine arts one is pretty crappy but it will give me more free time to study by myself while some lessons will be useful, like the life drawing classes and maybe something about colour theory.

Opinions? What would you do if you were me?
>>
>>3103134
Make better life choices.
>>
>>3103134
Just curious, how do you muster the motivation to draw water filters?
>>
>>3103134
Go for industrial design man if it's good, many great concept artists have background as industrial designers and self teaching is quite difficult without proper guidance.
>>
>>3103134
If the only thing good about doing the fine arts course is life drawing then just do the design one and find normal life drawing sessions in your town (they'll be way cheaper too)
>>
>>3103134
Go for industrial design.

You can apply what you learn to your art.

If you go to a crappy fine art school, you'll learn nothing and be forced to work on projects you don't like. That sounds like a waste doesn't it?
>>
neither if you live in US
otherwise go ID, don't squander 4 years of your life at a shit school like I did
>>
Okay, design be it. Thanks mates.
>>
>>3103134
>the problem is that it will be pretty hard and I don't know if it's exactly what I'm looking for, sure it will help but I don't know how much.
Did no one read this part of OP's thing? Industrial design is NOT art, you guys are fucking OP over.
>>
industrial designer here,
now going as illustrator because in my country ID are one of the lowest paid jobs unless you have your own design studio
>>
>>3103290
they fall into the applied arts and industry category.
>>
>>3103290
>Industrial design is NOT art
see
>>3103134

graduating from a design school means an employer knows you were taught solid trade skills and worked many many hours drawing, sketching, CAD, whatever the fuck to make things
which, compared to a degree from a liberal/arts school that says you spent 4 years of your life "expressing yourself" sounds to me like a more promising employee

t. a liberal arts art major grad who wishes they'd gone to design school
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.