[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand how to rotate the cube?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled-1.jpg (237KB, 2480x1860px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
237KB, 2480x1860px
I'm trying to do basics in turning this box, can anyone help me understanding how to draw to rotate this box.

2.Rotate this box on a corner?

Really confused , I have read Krenz tutorials while I some what understand it doesn't still answers my problem. Please if anyone can help I be grateful.
>>
File: box_rotation.gif (39KB, 480x438px) Image search: [Google]
box_rotation.gif
39KB, 480x438px
>>3102493
>>
>>3102495
He's asking about a specific problem, you sack of shit.

>there
kys
>>
File: rotating cube.gif (45KB, 1252x740px) Image search: [Google]
rotating cube.gif
45KB, 1252x740px
>>
File: Image_dun_quadrillage_carré.png (230KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
Image_dun_quadrillage_carré.png
230KB, 499x500px
>>3102493

Shift your two VP's to the left/right gradually until one of them becomes a 1pt perspective, see >>3102505

VP's can be placed anywhere, even above or below the horizon so long as you have parallel lines/planes. The further to the left or right you put your vp's the closer you get to the left or right direction of your viewpoint.

i.e. when you're doing a 1pt perspective box your horizontals are actually converging toward their own vp's, as they are parallel.

Obviously you don't need to know how to use curvilinear perspective to rotate a box, but knowing how it works helped me a lot.

Pic related.
Pfp is your 1pt VP
pf1 is directly to the left
pf2 is directly to the right
pf3 is direclty above
pf4 is directly
>>
>>3103165
I should probably add a little bit of explanation to this.
The intersection of the 3 red lines is the station point.
The station point should be in the middle of your vision (laterally) and the lower you have it the wider the vanishing points will be apart (your field of view is wider)
If you draw a line up from the station point, where it intersects with the horizon, you'll the vanishing point for the angle of that line.
For example in the first frame there are two lines drawn up at 45 degrees and so the vanishing points match the cube when rotated at 45 degrees. The angle between these two lines drawn up from the station point will always be 90 degrees because that's the angle of the edges of a cube/square.
The red line in between is for the vanishing point of the diagonal of the cube (45 degrees to the edges). A perfect square has an angle of 45 degrees so it helps when constructing an accurate cube.

Pivoting these lines on the station point will allow you to accurately figure out the correct location of the vanishing points that correspond to that amount of rotation.
For example, pivoting the lines 30 degrees clockwise and seeing where they intersect on the horizon will allow you to find the correct vanishing points for if you rotate the cube 30 degrees clockwise.

/spoonfeed
>>
We need a pasta for the answer to this question.
>>
OP here, just wanted to say thank you for you're advice. Currently reading the replies and going to do some examples to get better.

Thanks guys
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.