[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

draw for fun?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1502689690877.jpg (164KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502689690877.jpg
164KB, 1024x1024px
is it wrong to focus all on seriously getting better at art? I want to draw silly or childish things like sonic or Scott pilgrim but I'm supposed to improve my drawing skill through efficient practice. I keep.puttimg off my practice because I am more worried about my imperfect end result compared to Pros, and as a result worry more than enjoy myself.
should I just draw what's on my mind once in a while? my little brother doesn't even practice much but he has fun and still gets decent art for a 14 year old done. I have so much kiddy stuff on my mind I wanna draw but I'm so afraid of what people will think if a 19 year old drawing this. Should I run wild and have fun?
>>
>>3101905
>progress
>fun

Pick one
>>
File: 1499954395918.jpg (9KB, 228x251px) Image search: [Google]
1499954395918.jpg
9KB, 228x251px
Draw whatever you want and once you're done with a piece, figure out what looks off about it and keep it in mind for when you practice

Rinse and repeat and you'll be able to have fun and improve at the same time
>>
>>3101905
If you want to have fun, draw crazy shit for fun, but if you want to get better, grind them fundies. Simple, mate.
>>
File: 1477070812886.png (602KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477070812886.png
602KB, 963x720px
Why do people here have such a hard time just separating practice and fun?
You can spend 3 hours in the morning practicing and doing studies, then do an hour or more of drawing for fun later as well. Its not like you have to spend ALL your time studying.
>>
>>3102673
Because I'm not a cute anime girl.
>>
I don't know. I think seeing yourself getting better is another kind of fun.

On the other hand, I don't put any pressure on myself
>>
>>3101905
>sonic or Scott pilgrim
even if you become technically proficient you will never be able to create anything of any aesthetic quality because you have shit taste
>>
>>3101905
>I'm so afraid of what people will think if a 19 year old drawing this.
There's an old saying "on the internet, no one knows you're a dog". You don't have to show everything you draw to people you know, just dump the ones you are ashamed of on an unrelated twitter or tumblr if you have to get them out there.
Depending on your goals you can strike a balance between serious and less fun studies and drawing the things you want for fun, it helps you from burning out.
Learning how to reasonably care less about what others think gets easier with age, just use common sense and focus on what you want to achieve.

Also, don't stop yourself from drawing for fun just because 'you aren't yet good enough' because you'll never get ’good enough'. It's a common mistake to feel you can only draw an idea once, draw it now and draw it again a year later if you want to make it better. Later on you'll likely have to draw the same piece many times over and over before finishing one anyway, and quantity over quality is more important to learning at the beginning.
>>
File: 1441929029129.gif (499KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
1441929029129.gif
499KB, 245x138px
>>3101912
>Drawing for fun all day
>Make a lot of progress
>Get into the industry

Yea, drawing for fun is key.
Grinding for "fundies" doesn't work. You can ask any pro about this. In fact, have you ever seen those who grind fundies all day? They suck.
>>
>>3103350
I will have to disagree.

When you want to get so good in art and place your ranks among the great, when you want to create good art that you feel proud of and put value into the world, you're going to put in effort.

unless you were born a genius, but even then, genius/talented people fall short of when they don't put in the effort where it's due.

What I'm talking about is the ardous hours that you need to spend to hone various aspects of your craft.

Be it figure drawing, or 'exploration' (the most painful part), there are fun times, but the times where you struggle will be there too.

And when you do it 'just for fun', there will be no satisfaction, and the moment you hit a roadblock/frustration, you'll go 'this isn't fun anymore' and you'll quit.
>>
>>3103036
>not liking asshole protagonists
>>
>Not finding practice and studying fun
Not Gonna Make It.
>>
>>3103848
>studying fun
is that possible
>>
>>3103854
>He fell for the study = boring while fun = not getting better false dichotomy
>>
>>3101905
>>3103854
Did you ever see someone being successful and not having fun doing it?
If it's no fun, why even draw in the first place?
>>
>>3101905
>I'm so afraid of what people will think if a 19 year old drawing this.

If they're good at art they'll know it takes a lot of time and effort to get good, so they know the person's age really has fuck-all to do with it.

If they're not good at art, well why does their opinion matter? It's not like they could make something better than you anyway, and they're likely your age or older.
>>
File: pxE4HH9_d.jpg (33KB, 548x420px) Image search: [Google]
pxE4HH9_d.jpg
33KB, 548x420px
>>3101905
I have fun in studying and learn new methods of painting. Learn how to use the values in which situation. Analyze (hoho anal...yaze) how the old masters mastered the mastership of composition.

So: Why not have fun in studying? Or be proud of what you do.
>>
>>3104862
I guess you might have a point
>>3103872
>>3103862
I dunno, I recall when I played football in high school my teammate pulled me over. he pointed out that I was having too much fun at practice and taking the games too seriously. he Said that to optimize my skill I should take practice seriously so that I can have fun at games, or in this case final drawings. I'll try to think the other way around
>>
>>3103476
>I will have to disagree.

This isn't an opinion, retard.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.