[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird Cravings During 16 hours a Day Meme Regiment

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: wojackhungover.jpg (89KB, 680x418px) Image search: [Google]
wojackhungover.jpg
89KB, 680x418px
>be me
>like anime titties
>like drawing since little kid
>be the talented asian that is good at everything, including drawing and making music
>decides to go for max art stat because everything doesn't interest me anymore
>goes to /ic/ for a year, gets torn to shreds and wastes a lot of time before leaving for awhile to improve
>comes back, is better than 70 percent of /ic/, not bad but not good enough to not get shit on or asked for a blog.
>decides to do the 16 hour a day meme challenge to surpass the d/ic/ks
>slowly starts procrastinating less and less, youtube and other vices become less enjoyable than drawing
>does the no music while working meme, actually fucking works
>starts easily reaching 16 hours a day whereas before would struggle to get to 10 in first week
>basic grind of line warm ups, figure drawing, freehanding cubes, and render practice all in one day rinse and repeat
>4th day in, just ate dinner 4 hours ago, working till 12 and waking up at 4:20 AM like usual when suddenly I feel hungry.
>wtf.jpg
>ignores it and continues schedule
>wake up
>i'm fucking starving.
>i eat breakfeast, and go back to studying...and i get the hunger again
>not this shit again
>a simple chicken sandwhich staves it off till dinner....until it comes back again
>this repeats for the next day as well
>checks weight....not a single fucking ounce gained, i'm still the same average weight average height guy with really fast metabolism
what the fuck is happening to me, /ic/? I can eat a lot more than what a 150 lb 5'10" guy can eat but I've never had hunger like this before? i need to know before i continue with 16 hour meme, i want to to keep doing it but this is annoying as fuck! do i just embrace the snack life and it won't get worse or is this a serious problem?
>>
File: endmysufferingic.jpg (38KB, 393x393px) Image search: [Google]
endmysufferingic.jpg
38KB, 393x393px
guys, i need to know this shit. this is driving me insane, i genuinely need a response here
>>
Obviously stress and using your brain too much makes you hungry. That's all there is to it. Just embrace the snack life.
>>
i went for 8 hours and this unironically happened to me. i think i just forgot to eat though, happens during exam times as well.
>>
>>3100691
what? i thought being mentally exhausted was a meme for weak brainlets. does thinking hard about how to render anime girls and handsome Loomis men really take up that much physical energy?
>>
is your name nicholas
>>
>>3100692
kek, only 8 hours. you do not know true gains my friend. every day I feel like I'm slowly learning multiple things at once, other than my human weaknesses i feel more excited to do something than i have been my entire life. well except for getting a DS lite for the first time, nothing can beat that.
>>
>>3100701
no, i'm an asian boy that has dissappointed his family by choosing to pursue comic art and/or illustration. people call me Subu
>>
>>3100698
Doing repetitive task can exhaust your brain; that's why sleep is needed.
>>
>>3100701
also good taste in horror. that manga is quite the spook.
>>
>>3100686
>>3100690
yeah that's nice and all but post your work you fucking blogging faggot
>>
>>3100702
i only draw physically for 8 hours, i am always drawing with my mind and taking note of every line, shadow, shape, color, always studying the enviroment. maybe if you unlocked your brain's true potential you could do the same.
>>
>>3100711
no, i am not gud enough to post. first i must git gud to git gud critique. i've wasted enough time here to know that /ic/ does more harm than good if you don't know what you're doing. essentially you will be a blind man being led by another group of blind men, it's completley worthless. /ic/ is like a repair shop, you can get supplies and little fixes but ultimately it's up to you to know how to keep yourself from outta trouble.
>>
>>3100715
i do that all the time, after i learned basic color theory i started seeing the bounce lights changing colors depending on the objects next to it, how the colors desaturate depending on the amount of light and shadow, etc.
>>
>>3100718
then shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1472949175871.jpg (51KB, 571x556px) Image search: [Google]
1472949175871.jpg
51KB, 571x556px
>>3100715
>>3100720
I no longer even need to create art consciously. The latent processes of my mind telepathically create artwork.
>>
>>3100723
okay, i'll be eating some lovely snacks then, good luck on your journey too anon.
>>
File: no.jpg (94KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
94KB, 700x700px
>be me
>have carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome in both hands
>want to actually try these 8+ hour regiments all you faggot complain bout
>can't ever become great because after 2 hours of drawing, my arms are on fire

fuck life, and fuck all of you
>>
>>3100723
>tfw you are too smart to draw
maybe you too can reach my level of intelect someday.
>>
>>3100686
>is better than 70 percent of /ic/
I dont believe you. no picks no proof.
>>
post work, I need motivation
>>
>>3100747
>thinks he knows what 70% of /ic/ is
I don't believe you. no picks no proof.
>>
File: internetoldguy.jpg (796KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
internetoldguy.jpg
796KB, 1920x1080px
>>3100760
i'm complete shit still, i've only been drawing seriously for about a year now. the time i came back a couple months ago /ic/ was slightly different. in all honesty i think the skill level might be slightly different with sudden influx from tumblr, as my eye was a lot weaker then than it is now. this was a couple weeks ago so this is a little out dated. i didn't bother to put my cube grinding on there because i put all my warmups and basic fundie practices on seperate layers that I wipe clean every day to keep the amount of layers low. i'd say like 50 percent of these are studies while looking at the reference and 50 percent of these are from memory. the canvas I worked on was 8000 by 10000 so I'll have to link to it using imgr. don't know why you wanted motivation from an scrub but here you go anyway: http://imgur.com/a/jON2E
>>
>>3100785
no images @ the link
>>
>>3100787
hold on the image is still uploading, it's a large file man
>>
>>3100785
>it's the layers anon who erases his layers and doesn't have anything to show
I could have sworn I saw you post before.
>>
File: cheetos.jpg (52KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
cheetos.jpg
52KB, 500x442px
>>3100789
i don't know who you're talking about. you got the wrong d/ic/k
>>
>>3100787
all right, anon try it again. here's your shit motivation, lol http://imgur.com/a/jON2E
>>
16 hours a day will only waste your health. Your brain is more active at night than at day, so technically you're improving more by just sleeping.
>>
>>3100785
is that just one huge canvas? dudewtf.
>>
>>3100800
if this is true, wouldn't you improve more by sleeping during the day?
>>
>>3100801
>>3100795
hold up, i think a have Reddit account i uploaded it to that has the full image, the one i posted is resized because the other failed to upload I regret giving /ic/ a way to remember me forever but eh who cares https://www.reddit.com/r/sketches/comments/6td5qm/week_of_sketches_and_doodles/
4chan thinks is spam so i had to put the quotes around it. And yes, I did it all on one canvas and these are the ones i kept on the canvas. I technically have done 2 of those canvases by now because I redrew every sketch twice
>>
>>3100800
fuck, my sleep schedule i need to go to bed in like couple minutes or i'm fucked
>>
>>3100801
so are you motivated or not? i would like to know before I collapse on my bed
>>
>>3100809
sorry man but you're not nearly as good as you think. your main issue seems to be not enough drawing from life. go out, take a sketchbook and explore. if you keep going the way you're going you're going to develop bad habits that follow you into your later drawing years. the biggest issue i see right off the bat right now is your placement of facial features and your skull studies, among other things with muddy values and stuff. buy an actual skull, place it under different lighting scenarios, play around with it and build a foundation of translating 3D shapes into 2D images.
>>
>>3100809
>better than 70% of /ic/
>can't paint

Devote 1-2 hours of your 16hour schedule to painting from life.
>>
>>3100824
good advice will adjust accordingly. see you again in a month, maybe never lol
>>
>>3100829
just go out more and draw something that interests you. also drawing for "X" hours a day is a meme, focus more on how much you LEARN on a daily basis. an entire day where you run around, visit museums, and do quick sketches that might total 2 hours could be more useful to you than 8 hours of hardcore grinding.
>>
>>3100809
>https://www.reddit.com/r/sketches/comments/6td5qm/week_of_sketches_and_doodles/
Holy shit, how do I get as good as you?
>>
>>3100816
I'm not that anon, but it's got me motivated. Good to know you weren't BSing.
>>
>>3100686
>freehanding cubes
this is training now? I thought this was doodling absentmindedley while on the phone
>>
>>3100732
ik your feels anon. Some days I can go for hours fine, but others I can barely get in 10 minutes of gestures. Sucks so bad.
>>
>>3100686
Yes, having a consistent daily schedule that allows more than a couple of hours of work is very useful. Even though my goals at this point are less about "gitting gud" and more about just getting finished work done in reasonable times, I've found it vital to spend at lest 6-7 hours every day working if I don't want to spend like several months just to finish one simple piece.

But how the hell do you fit in 16 hours and still have enough time for things like exercise, chores and eating? Do you not sleep or something? Or are you just exaggerating the amount of time you actually do work.
>>
>>3100897
>>3100686
Okay sorry, I didn't read the entire post. Lol so you're not eating enough.

16 hours is way past of what is a healthy schedule to keep for long. Scale it back a notch. Around 8 hours should be the maximum work per day if you don't want to burn yourself out in the long run. Doing the occasional crunch is fine, if you need to meet a deadline or something, but it should be a temporary state not the default.
>>
I did this meme at work for two weeks hunched over in my car with terrible drawing posture and now my right arm is numb up to the elbow. I'm very butthurt not being able to draw while I heal. Please have good posture and hold your drawing instrument correctly so you don't hurt yourself like I did before starting this meme.
>>
>>3100708
Name of the manga?
>>
>>3100686
First of all tell us how do you manage to do 16 hours of drawing everyday? When do you eat, shower, sleep and etc. If you truly are drawing for 16 hours and lets say you use 3-4 hours to do other stuff necessary for human survival, you are basically left with 4-5 hours of sleep. So how do you manage to do all of that?
>>
>>3100990
5 hours of sleep is normal. It's very likely that's he's a neet living with his parents so there is not much for him to worry about. As for managing it, clearly hes not doing it well
>>
>>3100795
Can you be my mentor?
>>
>>3101007
How is 5 hours of sleep normal, it's basically sleep deprivation
>>
>>3100990
>>3101007
I don't believe him.
I tried doing 16 hours in the past, my body was aching like hell. I was tired and incredibly angry, could barely focus after not getting enough sleep. I honestly can't believe anyone is able to do it for long periods of time, especially if they're NEET. If he were a FZD student or professional facing insane deadlines then maybe, but even that is body and mind wrecking to be doing for so long.
>>
>>3101062
Crab bucket mentality
>>
>>3101066
Try it. I'm glad for him if he actually draws for 16 hours (though I find it very hard to believe), but it's not something I'd recommend doing.

If anything, please OP let me know how to avoid
Back, hand, head, neck, and butt pain for drawing for so long.

>inb4 posture
No, I get zero pain from drawing less hours every day. Over 12 hours daily is insanity zone.
>>
>>3101062
Same here man, I can go 11-12 hours drawing and even add exercise on top of that, but 16 hours is just insane. You do not get enough sleep and definitely not enough nutrition to keep you going, so there is no way someone so deprived can have enough willpower to draw for 16 hours everyday
>>
>>3100686
You're awake longer than you're used to, so your spending more energy, so you get hungry faster. Duh.
>>
>>3100690
depression, stress, lots of work.
I'd say you have all of this going on, so being hungry is a perfectly normal symptom.
>>
>>3100732
yeah, spend some more years playing videogames, you fucking moron.
>>
>/r9k/ thread
>>
woah, time flies, i thought this thread was dead in the morning, so just fucked off and did my own thing. didn't expect this to still get traffic
>>3100862
it helps with perspective, learned that trick from Krenz and moatdd.
>>3100853
>good
change your tastes lad, i still got my work ahead of me.
>>3100897
funny thing is i get more tired when i sleep for more than 7 hours. i've found that past 12PM is the time I MUST sleep or I will not be able to wake up by 5. i shower every other day but i mitigate that by doing a quick shampoo scrub. by the way >>3100905 >>3100990 i've never had this problem as i stretch daily and whenever i get a little frustrated or tired of drawing something i get up and do the other shit i need to do, essentially working my quick 1-5 minute breaks into my chore schedules. I only wash the dishes and i made it so that i have month's worth of laundry already ready to use. i have a cintiq so i rest it pretty vertically so i don't have to hunch over and break my neck.
>>
>>3100686
Nice blog about literally nothing dipshit, if you're not going to post work don't shit up the catalog with garbage like this. I'm certain there's at least one already existing feels thread you could have dumped this garbage in
>>
>>3101161
Stretches don't do shit when your hand is in pain literally every time you hold a pencil.
>>
>>3101163
this wasn't a blog thread. this was originally a question thread but then it kinda grew into some bullshit
>>
>>3101165
don't grip the pencil that hard. i draw pretty lightly with almost no pressure so i've never had this problem. if your hand is already fucked then taking a break and getting professional help would help you, ofc stretches won't fix that shit
>>
>>3101171
I don't grip it hard at all.
>>
>>3101176
selotape the pencil to your wrist and literally only use your shoulder/elbow.
>>
>>3100827
Nah, this dude can paint. I don't know what standard you have for painting but this guy looks pretty decent at coloring to me. I've seen a lot worse.
>>
>>3100853
Lots of hard work anon. For the number of sketches, he's cranked out a lot of them are surprisingly clean. Not clean enough for polished line work, but good enough to clean up in like 3 minutes. It seems like this dude draws with shapes and attempts to feel the form in his head like animators do, so I guess you could try Vilppu or study animators.
>>
>>3101872
For the number of sketches he has cranked out, a lot of them are surprisingly clean*
My inner grammar nazi is crying right now.
>>
>>3101853

Poor edges, simplistic colour choice with very little variation and really unchallenging lighting schemes in terms of the type of light and its color.
>>
File: 51q7k8r5VUL.jpg (56KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
51q7k8r5VUL.jpg
56KB, 351x500px
>>3100907
>>
>>3100698
Lol really? You pretend to be a try hard azn but have never been mentally exhausted before?
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.