[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's my progress?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2342.jpg (226KB, 968x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2342.jpg
226KB, 968x1600px
I dunno. Is this the average progress for someone who draws like 2-4 hours daily? My friends say mastery takes a long time but I feel like it's taking me longer than it should. I started studying my fundamentals around 2012...
>>
>>3099131
Could be better for 14 years, but the improvement is definitely there. Taking into account that you started fundies 5 years ago and only drew 2-4 hours a day, it's reasonable, and probably better than some of the anons here. Good job anon, keep it up.
>>
>>3099131
Yeah your progress seems pretty slow. I suspect you are not studying and learning effectively. What are you doing when you "draw 2-4 hours daily"?
>>
>>3099131
you didn't improve you're drawing, you just chose to copy photos.
>>
>>3099131
There seems to be an inconsistency with the anatomy and rendering in your art. Why do some figures look stiff while others look dynamic?

What exactly are you doing when you practice and study? What books have our read? Maybe the material itself might be the problem or how you go about learning?
>>
File: IMG_0132.jpg (81KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0132.jpg
81KB, 750x600px
The pic is not OP's, it's mine. Proof is pic related, not available online anywhere else. I'm trying to figure out why he's using it, probably because he wants to ask about the average improvement process and not asking for crits.

This is not the average process, if you look at 2005-2006 you maybe get a good sense of how regular practice improves in quality. After 07 I gradually stopped regular practice, then anything art wise altogether. I didn't take it up again until late 2016. hence the long gap.

It would be a different story if I didn't stop and I don't think my example is a good one, you can improve much more in a much shorter time if you practice hard.
>>
>>3102079

Its some guy who gets off on impersonating random artists on 4chan.
Shame about you stopping but good to see you're keeping it up lad
>>
Hell nah bro Ive only started last year and Im better than you because I put in 6 hrs a day on fundamentals for 1.5yrs
>>
File: 1496847719407.jpg (1MB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1496847719407.jpg
1MB, 2500x2000px
So Is this the progress thread?
>>
>>3099131
were you on adderall when you painted the virgin mary(?) 16-17?
>>
>>3102130

I actually remember the first two images from when you posted this a while back. Goodwork so far m8
>>
>>3102130
What books did you read to get this gud
>>
>>3102130

Nice, but it looks a little overdesigned espacially since you gave her two weapons in the latest revision.
>>
>>3102130

Still DA tier...
>>
File: ProgressBlis.png (700KB, 1316x702px) Image search: [Google]
ProgressBlis.png
700KB, 1316x702px
I still gotta figure out hair and a better realistic texture sense.
But I guess my hand, sense of aesthetic style and some fundies has leveled up in the gap.
>>
>>3099131
there is some slight improvement but overall i don't think you're challenging yourself enough and it's fair to say you've stagnated. despite the years, all of your drawings are flatly rendered and the color choices are dull and lifeless.

i suggest you grind hard on your perspective and lighting fundamentals and experiment more with different compositions, lighting, perspective and subject matter, or else you'll never get past drawing broody guys with a weapon in front view.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.