[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Showcasing my artworks

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 12

Hi everyone! I am new to this board and came here because of it being for art (and it seems critiques are available too!) These are my artworks. To give some idea of what I like to draw and for how long, I like drawing Sonic art and comic style. I've been drawing for as long as I can remember, and I love drawing frequently but I am a hobbyist as well.

These are my drawings of primarily OCs and Sonic art and some other stuff. I would love a critique. :D For starters, this is my Inkling OC Takana done in pencil.
>>
>>3098625
>>
>>
My take on Garnet from Steven Universe using a palette challenge. The next post is from another palette challenge but this time of Arin Hanson/Egoraptor from Gamegrumps.
>>
>>3098630
This is the Arin one! I could've done more on the facial hair but honestly I'm pretty terrible at it in general :T
But also because I like this simple look on characters.
>>
You fucking suck. Learn fundamentals, stop trying to have a style, and most importantly go back to tumblr where they probably praise this dogshit.
>>
For future reference, this type of post should be posted in the beginner thread. They would be the best bet for the type of critique you are looking for.

The only thing I can really say is to study the basics of anatomy and more importantly, study from life. Don't be afraid to use references. Get outside your comfort zones. Try some more dynamic poses/lighting/shading. You can't say you're not good at it if you don't try.
>>
>>3098630
Please stop whitewashing garnet. This is misogynoir
>>
>>3098641
>GO BAC 2 DUMBLR WERE THEY PRAISE DIS DOGSHEIT
God, if you aren't fucking Leonardo davinci drawing A+ perfect realistic anatomy this site will always call you shit. This guys art is pretty good, and if he puts in a little more time it will be something amazing. Heh, your probably just mad because your dogshit doesn't get praised.
>>
>>3098641
>stop trying to have a style
Get out.
>>
File: 1404949990836.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1404949990836.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
Whats up with the recent surge of underage fucks that never read the sticky making these stupid ass threads?? And anons like >>3099732 are part of the problem.
>This guys art is pretty good
Son of a...
>>
>>3099865
Well.. It is pretty good.
>>
>>3100015
Why are your expectations for art so low?? This person draws like a 14 year old on tumblr
>>
>>3100015
You must have pretty low standards then.

>>3098625
2/10, learn fundamentals or NGMI.
>>
You have to be 18 years or older to post here.
>>
>>3098625
Holy shit, this is awful. Please stop drawing.
>>
>>3100125
You guys are practically the same level.
>>
>>3100019
There is a reason why pictures like this get popular on tumblr, because the style is charming and the art isn't terrible. Sure by /ic/s standards its bad, but that's only because /ic/ only likes realistic art. To the guy who drew these pictures, go elsewhere for criticism, this place is toxic enough as it is.
>>
>>3100188
I'm sorry if that's how the drawing board is. I will use other websites for criticism then. Thank you for liking my art! This is my last or so, drawing I will post.
>>3099865
I'm not underage, I'm nearly 20 years old now :T
>>3098656
Thank you very much for your advice. Sorry for posting a thread, I will post on /beg/ next time :D
>>
>>3098715
I know this is a joke but I really dislike it when people act as if Garnet is a human with black skin, when she is a gem with a red tint to her skin.
>>
>>3100188
I post weeb art and I still get constructive concrit and compliments on here, realistic art isn't the only thing accepted. Their art is bad and that's the problem, it's not the fact that they draw cartoons
>>
I posted a similar thread yesterday to much of the same response. I'm pretty sure most people around here are just bitter losers, sorry you got some of the toxicity! You're off to a good start OP. You're line work is really good. If you put more time into each piece you could really do something cool!

I hate this damn board though, Idk why everyone tries so hard to put down new artists. Just a bunch of losers.
>>
>>3100238
>bitter losers
This is basically what the overwhelming majority of this entire board consists of. Art is just such a personal thing that it brings out the worst in people in an anonymous setting like this. They have a need to put down others and their work in order to feel better about their insecurities over their own work.

OP's only real mistake is that they fucked up and decided to start a thread for their own art instead of posting in the beginner's thread.
>>
>>3100238
Thank you so much, that makes me happy! Sorry you received negativity from the board, too.

I agree from what I can tell, but I also see lots of positives here too. Like all the really good art posted in threads.
>>
>>3098625
so OP, seriously, where did you get these?
>>
>>3100234
>voiced by a black VA in an SJW show
>>
>>3100015
Its not especially bad but any retard could reproduce it. There is no discernible talent and therefore no dedicated thread is warranted.
>>
>>3100019
Types like a fourteen year old from tumblr too. How did she even find this place?
>>
>>3100273
Does not mean that the character itself is black. Many voice actresses of different races for example, voice white characters.

Garnet still is a gem with reddish tint to it. Amethyst is purple with a Filipino? voice actress
>>
>>3100125
>Holy shit, this is awful. Please stop drawing
Do you expect someone to just drop from the womb and be able to do extremely advanced art without practicing?? Jesus your a new level of retarded.
>>
Your drawings are actually very cute. Only pic I don't like is
>>3098628 simply because Splatoon is just a shitt kids FPS. It doesn't need dramatic shit like this
>>
>>3100272
I skipped you on accident and I didn't notice until the thread had been bumped and looked over the replies again.

If you're curious I had gotten my drawings off of my Tumblr blog.
>>
>>3098625
stop symbol drawing, first know the basics and then add your schtick. try to marathon references and learn anatomy
>>
File: IMG_2254.png (110KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2254.png
110KB, 250x250px
>>3100125
>nosebro telling someone to stop drawing
>has the gall to judge someone who can at least finish a picture when he can't even get past the sketching stage and finish a picture himself
>not being self aware enough to realise he's technically worse than the OP

LMAO
>>
>>3100502
first off, its year* not your. Second off, not me
>>3102681
>>3100141
post your werk
>>
I'm confused, who is "Nosebro"? You people seem to know him/her very well.

All I know is that the guy told me to stop drawing and now he's saying someone is impersonating him..
>>
>>3100234
This animal crossing?
>>
>>3102949
Yes! That was drawn when I was first getting into New Leaf. I love the series and I'm an avid Nintendo fan.
>>
>>3100227
>I'm not underage, I'm nearly 20 years old now :T
>I really dislike it when people act as if Garnet is a human with black skin, when she is a gem with a red tint to her skin.

You sound like 13 year old that's why, and a woman as well. If you want more advice less shit dont get political unless you're actually trying to bait, dumbass. to people who don't watch steven garbage theyre all humanoid and garnet is clearly a fucking nigger

If you want to aim for this minimalistic style be PRECISE. This is best done as a vector or something similar. Aim for crisp edges not this squiggly half-assed shit
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.