[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I Want to Commission a Self-Portrait

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Truman.jpg (36KB, 474x600px) Image search: [Google]
Truman.jpg
36KB, 474x600px
I'd like it like pic related, very stately and unstyalized, but I don't want it to be too objective. I want to see how an artist would depict me. I'm very curious.

How would I go about doing that? Is it very expensive and time consuming? You don't have to sit for 10 hours do you?
>>
>>3094399
>I Want to Commission a Self-Portrait
Are you sure you know what self portrait means?
>>
>>3094403
No. I am art-illiterate, that is why I am asking here.

I am assuming it is a portrait of yourself.
>>
>>3094399
if you want it in actual paint then it'd be pretty expensive, depending on the artist you probably would have to sit for quite a few hours, but you don't have to sit still usually.

if you want a digitally one done by someone on the internet from a photo that would be much cheaper
>>
>>3094404
It's only a self-Portrait if you paint it yourself. Other wie its just a portrait of you.

Also a portrait of the quality in the op would probably take at least 100 hours. You would probably have to ist for a majority of that time and it would Cost you at least 2000-5000 Dollars for an artist whos worth his salt.
>>
>>3094414
Would they have to follow me around to get a feel for my personality?
>>
>>3094418
Probably not. Maybe Some artists want to do stuff like that, but thats the exception. Most artist have enough to work with, with you Sitting there and maybe having a bit of Smalltalk while theyre painting.
>>
File: bill murray.jpg (453KB, 2550x2502px) Image search: [Google]
bill murray.jpg
453KB, 2550x2502px
>>3094399
If you're still there I'll do it for 50. digital 500. paint
>>
>>3097372
you must be pretty shit at painting to do it for 5 bucks an hour lol
>>
>>3097376
If you say, I'm doing it because I'm anon
>>
>>3094403
kek of the day
>>
Find like a 3rd year art student who mainly paints. They'll do it more cheaply and not as objectively
>>
>>3094399
>I Want to Commission a Self-Portrait
do it yourself
>>
>>3097376
>10 hours for a portrait
you must be pretty shit anon
>>
>>3094399
With a painting you're going to have to sit 8-10 hours depending on the artist(obviously you would get breaks), with digital it's a lot simpler just send a pic in the email and you're done. But let's face it you're too dumb and poor to do either.
>>3097434
>Find a 3rd year art student who mainly paints.
Do you even paint?
>>
>>3097734
why do you think a traditional painter can't work from a photograph
>>
>>3097737
What? I never said that. Any painter can work with a photo but if you want the best product you have to be in the real fucking world where the painter can control the lighting, and have full dimensionality of the image.
>>
>>3097744
>What? I never said that.

>With a painting you're going to have to sit 8-10 hours

>with digital it's a lot simpler just send a pic in the email

You are directly contradicting yourself. Which is it now?
>>
File: OP.jpg (37KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
37KB, 512x384px
>>3097751
listen OP I know you're retarded but try reading comprehension before you make autistic statements like this.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.