[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Algenfleger stagnation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: digi 0649.jpg (102KB, 550x944px) Image search: [Google]
digi 0649.jpg
102KB, 550x944px
http://algenpfleger.tumblr.com/post/95847707615/your-work-has-kind-of-stagnated-over-the-years

What do you guys think of his tumblr response? Was it a legitimate reason or an excuse for not improving?

One of his reasons that stuck out to me was that the reason he wasn't improving was because now he has a social life. I know there is this whole meme on /ic/ on how you should draw 12 hours a day but have you guys thought about what you're sacrificing? what good would being good at art do you if you don't have any social skills or friends or a spouse or in good health?
>>
>>3094031
Having social skills, friends, a spouse and even good health are all useless if you suck at art.
>>
>>3094031
well like he said, he does have those things now. so it's up to you i guess, you can get better more slowly and have a life or you can get better real quick and have the life later. although perhaps appleflinger is unique and drawing 12 hours a day doesn't work out for most people.
>>
>>3094031
He said he can produce higher quality work far more frequently, sounds like improvement to me, just a different kind.
>>
>>3094031
Speaking of no artist in particular.

At some point, it benefits the artist to shift focus more on individuality than technical strides. That means consistency in approach. Developing an artistic brand is the difference between leading a project as AD, or remaining a cog in production.

If you don't have an artistic identity, you need to go to the company. When you have it, companies come to you.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.