[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything wrong with drawing in these notebooks with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: ranger_snap_view_-_copy.png (1MB, 1239x939px) Image search: [Google]
ranger_snap_view_-_copy.png
1MB, 1239x939px
Is there anything wrong with drawing in these notebooks with lined paper? What exactly is wrong with sketching on lined paper
>>
>>3093299
it looks amateurish, that's it really. there's nothing inherently wrong with it. if the lines aren't non-photo-blue though then they might be a bit harder to remove if you want to scan something and put it on the internet, but that barely matters
>>
>>3093299
Well for one thing you have lines going through all your art
>>
>>3093299
It's usually ugly as fuck and distracts the viewer from the drawing and the artist from the thing they draw (leading to worse art).
Nothing fundamentally wrong with it, tho. Just that it's very closely related to lazy /beg/-tier artists who sketch in their HS composition books.
>>
>>3093338
Of course I'd never make anything polished in a notebook, but for practicing I'm wondering why there's such a movement against it?
>>
I kinda like it. It has that feeling of "draw no matter what's available" and classroom doodles.
>>
>>3093342
What "movement" against it? Besides people being against using it for more professional/finished works.
>>
well first you have to actually give a shit about the quality of your art.

if you dont then you can do whatever you want big guy :)
>>
>>3093342
look at it this way. people who draw on lined paper and scan it and bring it to here are basically silently expecting you to ignore the lines and to critique the art. is that justified? Do you deserve critique that isn't distracted by what's on the image you uploaded? no. so getting criticized for using distracting lined paper is a given. it WILL happen. so there is no movement, you dolt, its just something to point out on a critique board.

now for a food analogy. lets say a chef expects the customer to 'eat around' the bad parts and to evaluate only the part that he tried on. would you call that guy a chef who cares about what he does? no not really, i would call him a fucking retard.

its important to give a shit about the tools you use unless you are an utter poorfag.

>>3093352
this.
>>
>>3093350
Just people being against it. I don't do it, but I've just always wondered why. I heard there was some psychological effect, too.
>>3093360
I don't mind, I can still see the work, but I see how it would be an annoyance
>>
>>3093299
Nothing wrong with it if you actually hate your drawings.
>>
>>3093342

It's just - why would you?

I can understand doodling in your notebook if you were using it for taking notes and had no white paper around, but printing paper is dirt cheap. Anyone who would buy a lined notebook to use for drawing is retarded. Even if you had a lined notebook for taking notes, a blank notebook is hardly prohibitively expensive.
>>
>>3093380
its very common, i think, to be starting out and get criticized for little details that you never even gave a single thought. so youd assume it wouldnt matter and yet here you have some fuck telling you youre a piece of shit over it.

not saying you need to take his words seriously, but its just a lesson in attention to detail. if you take care of that little thing next time, then there wont be anybody to kick up shit over it the next.

now that i think about it, this is all what graphic design is about. taking care of the most minute, pedantic shit.
>>
>>3093390
>taking /ic/ seriously
Worse mistake than not drawing right now
>>
Is there anything wrong with drawing a series of evenly spaced straight horizontal lines over every sketch I draw? What exactly is wrong with series of evenly spaced straight horizontal lines over every drawing
>>
>>3093299
In my experience, sketchbooks that have bad paper or are just plain bad discourage me from putting effort into the drawings. Sketchbooks are mostly for quick work usually, but once in a while you want to spend an extra hour for a drawing. Would you really do that on lined paper? I definitely wouldn't and I will never buy bad sketchbooks again. It is just false economy and a bad habit that seeps into the quality of your work/practice.
>>
Every time I see someone on Facebook post pictures of their art it is always a badly traced line art of a comic panel on lined paper.
If theres anything you can do with the lines to be interesting, then do it. Otherwise use blank paper you philistine.
>>
>>3093342
Why do you want to draw in a lined paper notebook anyway? The lines are super fucking distracting. Are regular sketch books too expensive for you?
>>
>>3093299
Why would you even have lined paper? I never got this lined paper meme.

Best thing I did was start using blank paper like a man.

Also, the obvious answer here is that the lines might aid / harm you, so it isn't adequate for studies.
>>
It shows you don't care what you draw,let alone what you draw on. Why not draw on paper bags,the backs of flyers or similar? Even cheap unlined paper is better than the best notebook.
>>
buy bread from a bakery that uses paper bags. use that to draw on every day. bind it together at the end of the month. congrats. you now have a high quality book without faglines.
>>
I draw on lined paper, but since my art sucks, there is nothing of value lost anyway.
>>
ITT: /ic/ gets triggered by paper
>>
File: 10.jpg (375KB, 1236x1600px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
375KB, 1236x1600px
You will become John Kricsfalusi. And not old, GOOD John K. MODERN John K!
>>
>>3098629
How is the modern John K. different from the "good old" one?
>>
>>3098638

Lazy, Sloppy, Can't finish anything. Draftsmanship has fallen to bits. Never seems to produce finished art. He's just awful now.
>>
>>3098644
>Can't finish
Doesn't finish.

People just don't suddenly lose their ability to do things unless they hit their head and get brain damage or something.

Just look at the sketch you posted, if you're an actual artist, which I doubt, you can tell he still can draw very well.

He doesn't make full time animated cartoons basically because he doesn't have the funding for it.
>>
>>3098646

>Just look at the sketch you posted, if you're an actual artist, which I doubt, you can tell he still can draw very well.

I pay my rent with art, Jackass.

Also:

> basically because he doesn't have the funding for it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1056985656/john-ks-cans-without-labels/description

$130,000 for a 6 minute cartoon.
ESTIMATED DELIVERY
Feb 2013
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.