[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Market, Name Value, Status Quo

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ohizumQFmT1spf8doo2_1280.jpg (261KB, 798x820px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohizumQFmT1spf8doo2_1280.jpg
261KB, 798x820px
So here's a thought.
Getting a job in art non-freelance is something I don't have any knowledge of. So I'd like to start this thread by asking- is using and being adept in the latest and most up-to-date software good for your, say, resume?

I can use Photoshop CS6 and Painter Pro, but I hear from my mates that the artwork you produce won't be as important as using the most up-to-date software, such as Adobe CC- at least, when first signing up for a job within a company. As in, if you're replaceable, the dude with a better program on his resume will get the job. Can I get some confirmation on this? Y'know, from people who actually know how this works, and have experience? Not just any catchall answer that's simply "better art is always going to work" because my mates have jobs and I don't.
>>
>>3092595
Is this bait or are you actually retarded?
Literally no one cares about the different versions of photoshop. If you can use one you can use them all. Why would they care about which version of photoshop you used and not the artwork?

Knowing different programs IS a benefit for you and makes you more likely to get a position though. But it's more like they will hire the guy who knows zbrush and 3ds max and after effects and photoshop over the guy who just knows photoshop.
>>
>>3092598
>Literally no one cares about the different versions of photoshop.
well my dad does. I guess I can assume he's retarded now.
>>
>>3092601
explains why you're retarded as well
>>
/thread
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.