[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6430.jpg (1MB, 1995x2528px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6430.jpg
1MB, 1995x2528px
I feel I could always do more but feel good about it as is. Feel free to give suggestions
>>
What's it about?
>>
moron
>>
>>3092212
Two questions: How old are you, and can you post some of the work you did when you were a kid.

If you're young this is good, if you're old this is interesting, but either way I'd like to know what the root of this is with examples of older drawings or painting from when you were a kid
>>
>>3092261
Also: My suggestion is just draw and paint more, post in draw threads, and stop reposting this painting. It's fine, move on. Do another one.
>>
File: IMG_6435.jpg (850KB, 2656x2013px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6435.jpg
850KB, 2656x2013px
>>3092261
19. This is from 17.
>>
>>3092274
Yeah, if I had to make a solid suggestion, it's not so much that you need to "improve" it's just that you need to adapt your painting skills to your drawing skills. I imagine when you draw you draw very small, and you try to translate that into very fine detailed paintings.

Fuck that.

Paint big. Big shapes, big characters, bigger canvases.

And don't believe the 14th-20th century meme that once you paint one way you can never return to how you used to paint.

Do some life drawing, still lifes, landscapes, and self portraits for a few years, and then return to this kind of abstract illustration and you'll do it better.

This kind of made up perspective surrealist stuff is what you like to do, so get better at painting and make these types of paintings better.

There's no shame in having technical ability. Get better and do these better. Think long term. You've done two years of this, now get serious about making them better.
>>
File: fromthistothis.jpg (36KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
fromthistothis.jpg
36KB, 1000x500px
>>3092283
I used to draw portraits of robots, spent time learning to paint from life, not I paint the portraits of robots better. You'll hopefully do the same thing. Up to you. I can't make you paint more, but there's potential in what you enjoy painting, and if you worked at it you could make some great stuff and be a successful artist by the time you're 30. Doesn't affect me either way, but art's fun and you could make it work if you want to.
>>
>>3092274
What is this?
>>
>>3092286
that's too cute
>>
If you feel good about it the way it is then what's the problem? What do you want?
>>
it looks like you are and uneducated hobbyist, who's unaware of what's out there
>>
>>3092212
This looked much better before you added stuff to it.
>>
>>3094772
That's actually a painting I did of a nightmare I had
>>
>>3095166
What do the jewels in the crown represent? The masks? The tree in the background?
>>
>>3095183
Its an abstract painting. To me, the jewels are a symbol for something valueable. Coveted. They are on a crown to represent the power of someone who wears a crown being coveted. The mask was right out of the nightmare. The duality is very easy to see in this painting. What do you think it means?
>>
>>3095198
Op here. Really, I posted this to try and get some pointers. When I paint, I fall in love with my painting because of the improvement I see. Yet, I feel I make things too abstract for anyone else rather than me to understand. Like, for instance, what does anyone think the original painting I posted is about and what it represents.
>>
>>3094953
Why do you say this. This is kinda why I'm here
>>
>>3092286
I thank you for your suggestions. They are duelly noted. I see you remember my previous post here. I don't post very often, so it leads me to ask, how often do you frequent this board?
>>
>>3095183
The tree is in a desert with a fruit growing on it. It's some distant temptation that is as an oasis in the desert. Life grows, water is found
>>
File: image.jpg (262KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262KB, 1920x1080px
>>3095198
Identity switch or slide? Most evident pop culture ref to follow.

https://youtu.be/aJhe4DHFZt4
>>
>>3092212
its interesting for the wrong reasons, such is the way of progressive turmoil pieces like these
>>
>>3092212
you gotta learn some oil fundamentals. some areas are too glossy (or "oily") and you can see the canvas texture, others are matte with loads of paint. you need to balance it out.
textures could also use some improvement. the fire doesnt look bad, but the rest of the textures ruin it. is that smoke? that texture makes it look too heavy, like a tree, or a ball of lint
is that red in the background supposed to be the sky? if so, you should make horizontal strokes instead of that weird curved stroke
>>
>>3095243
What do you think about the figure when it comes to precision. Anything off about it? I did it free hand and think a female model would be beneficial in the future, no?
>>
>>3095208
>The tree is in a desert with a fruit growing on it.
There's some tension here. Will the figure tell the tree to uproot itself and be planted in the sea (Luke 17:6)?
>>
>>3095300
I tried to make the figure be feminine in form with wings of monochrome love. But nice scripture reference
>>
>>3095305
Okay ?

Christ seems to advise on the transplantation of the mulberry, before he curses the bitter sycamine fig tree a couple chapters later. http://www.4kingdoms.com/sycamore.html
>>
>>3095202
It's too busy now. Before the lake of fire was the central attraction which led up to that sinister building. Now there's stuff going on around it that deflects attention and makes the image weaker.
>>
>>3095735
You've also obscured that building with smoke/a cloud.
>>
>>3095256
Is she wearing a veil, or is she just a finger shape?
>>
>>3092212
Your paintings are great and all but the flames on the OP pic is... weird. I dunno, it just is.

I don't know what to say about it, since I don't paint much, so this is just a layman's perspective. But maybe you could try to learn how to make flames better? I don't know, to be honest.
>>
>>3096127
Thank you
>>
>>3096108
She's like a mist, or apparition. She really isn't there, but at the same time, you could almost see her.
>>
>>3095166
Describe the nightmare.
>>
>>3097839
I would be running from something in a construction like area next to the sand and I would get to the bottom of one of the sites and look up to see this THING that I tried to paint sitting up above me on a steel beam like I showed. And then it would end.
>>
File: image.jpg (940KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
940KB, 2048x1365px
>>3098050
I've grown in respect for your method, which uses such engaging iconography. What were you running from before you saw this thing?
>>
>>3098103
>What were you running from before you saw this thing?

A huge penis
>>
>>3098103
OP here. Not a fag and here for civilized discussion. I was running from a feeling of fear. Like I was being hunted and desperately searching for something I lost. I vaguely remember a child being involved but this dream was years ago
>>
>>3098103
What do you like the most? I'm trying to gauge my strengths as well as my weaknesses
>>
>>3099319
Weaknesses:
>Central positioning in the second work
>Lack of context
>shadow in the wrong place in the second piece?
>Lack of foreground detail
>Lack of mid-ground
>overemphasis on eyes

Strengths:
>Iconography
>Particularism (a thumb wearing a tank top? Yes please!)
>Interpretability -- I saw these as highly Biblical works, interpreting the smoke as commentary on cleromancy. Any form of art which forces me to consult a dream dictionary is intellectually engaging to me.
>Use of Contrast
>Varied elements. We have a sense of what materials the buildings were constructed with.
>Surreality

I'm considering other modes of expressing myself because some funny things have happened lately that I can't verbalize.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.