[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ai wei wei

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 9_Ai-Weiwei.jpg (254KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
9_Ai-Weiwei.jpg
254KB, 800x536px
understanding this fat chinese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONwa0LO81mo
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excessivism
>>
>>3090726
Ai Wei Wei is rated
>>
>>3090726

He's just critical of his country's regime, I prefer his political work over his other stuff.
>>
I like how he tries to save pieces of a disappearing traditional world by making conceptual spaces with them.
>>
>>3093441
can you explain the term "conceptual space" using that installation as an example?
>>
I want to say DEEP but that backpack bit touched me. Seems like he's got real passion and isn't afraid to die for his art. Respectable
>>
>>3093482

This was the original installation made with doors and windows from the Ming and Qing dinasty. It meant to connect traditional China with contemporary installations. The weather (time) knocked it down and the artist decided to leave it that way. Even better.
>>
File: documenta_1_feature.jpg (145KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
documenta_1_feature.jpg
145KB, 1200x800px
>>3093482

>This
>>
File: 1469565990734.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1469565990734.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>criticize chinese government
>get awarded western nobel prize made by white devils
>>
>>3093692
So a conceptual space is a space (imaginary or real, 2+D) that carries meaning / messages? What's up with its definition...

The way I understand it every painting or art installation is automatically a conceptual space.
>>
>>3093700
had he been born in the west he would be serving life sentence already.
>>
>>3090726
I love how abstract the ideas he works with are - ideas like division of space, inside vs. outside, part vs. whole, tension and contrast of opposites, recycling and isolation...
imo you can tell how good an artist is by how abstract his thinking can get without him losing control, that's when you get this "outside of the box" feeling.

It starts to suck when he gets too political, as always..
Thanks for sharing OP.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.