[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do /ic/ likes Ava's Demon?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: autumn_by_robotmichelle-dak5rz8.png (684KB, 600x822px) Image search: [Google]
autumn_by_robotmichelle-dak5rz8.png
684KB, 600x822px
Do /ic/ likes Ava's Demon?
>>
>>3090223
I do
arts nice, /ic/ likes to pretend having ungodly standards so you'll get a lot of no
>>
I like the art and design elements she uses, like in the OP picture. I do not like the story or characters themselves.
>>
>>3090223
A bit too tumblr for my tastes but the art is okay
>>
Haven't actually read it because it's not the type of story I like to read but from what I've seen of it the arts nice.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.489861835_te2m.jpg (352KB, 1301x806px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.489861835_te2m.jpg
352KB, 1301x806px
>>
>>
The art is delicious but I don't really care for the plot or anything else.
>>
>>3090223
The eyes make me think of aliens.
>>
>>3090365
Once again, Mucha is a God
>>
>>3090223
the eyebrows are what kill it.
>>
>>3090423
girls come from mars
>>
>>3090537
men are from mars, senpai
girls come from venus
>>
>>3090223

It's a very nice picture. The lighting and design is mystifying.
>>
I get excited when there's a new update, but I usually forget about it between the updates.
>>
>>3090223
Read the first chapter of the comic. The art is pretty aesthetic overall, but Jesus Christ, what a load of teenage angst bullshit to throw in your audiences face at the very beginning. At the very least the writer could have had the decency to let us get to know the main characters own personality a little bit before introducing the "I'm being possessed by a demon, but that's okay because it's really a metaphor for the experience of being an edgy teenager"-gimmick and throwing all of her agency out the window.
Dunno, I can't even describe accurately what exactly feels so off about the way that first chapter was handled.
Maybe it comes down to having the aliens blow up the mcs home planet without any real setup and in a way that, just like the rest of that first chapter, is completely emotionally unengaging. Maybe the writer wanted to set up the premise in a single chapter because she read somewhere that that's what you're supposed to do.
>>
>>3091267
she really wanted to get to the point asap being that it's both a new webcomic, it's a long story and she's trying to make a name for herself other than "that homestuck fanartist. the newer ones are much more slow.
>>
>>3091293
yeah, I gave her the benefit of the doubt and read another chapter, and now she's actually devoting a decent amount of time to establishing things it's much more enjoyable to read. I'd be willing to be that she lost a lot of potential readers by structuring the introduction like that though. goes to show that you should be thinking first and foremost about doing your story justice, rather than worrying about how you as a writer are perceived.
>>
It's fine but I get turned against popular webcomics pretty quick when they force in a demon/Satan aspect. Ava could have worked just as well without it but it's fine and sorta justified by the story. The art is great even though I kinda hate frame-by-frame click through comics. (Though at least in that format it works. In full page comics like zoophobia where they have to do like half a page to "animate" a character doing stupid awkward eye shifts and crap it just makes the page look amateurish. If you want animated actions, just get some friends and do an animation.)
Ava is an ok comic all around. I only got like four chapters in and plan on finishing it eventually, I just have my smaller webcomics to catch up on first.

The demon shit just needs to fucking stop though. They make everything about the fucking devil in these dumb comics. Zoophobia forced that shit in and apparently Floraverse is set in hell (which explains the nightmarishly awful character designs). I don't have anything against demons as a trope, it's just all these dumbass popular webcomics are practically about the same fucking thing and it's annoying as shit triggers me unironically
>>
>>3091315
she probably lost more due to naming Wrathia, as people already hearing anout the demon's themes find it too obvious sounding and won't read it
she learns as she goes. it's actually a lot of fun watching someone gain levels through the years.
>>
>>3091319
plenty comics without them, senpai. I could name a few

>click through comics
you can arrow-key through most
>>
>>3090223
The pacing is terrible.
>>
>>3091340
Yeah, it's fun to watch a writer grow, but it also feels like a bit of a waste for someonewho's still figuring themselves out to be working on a single project for so long. Webcomics are way too timeconsuming to produce, unless you're a master of your craft and you're trying to create your magnum opus.

I wish she had written it as an illustrated novel over the course of one or two years and moved on.
>>
>>3090365
mucha is my fav czech weeabo
>>
>>3091340
What's wrong with the name Wrathia?
And what do you mean by too obvious sounding?
I'm not disagreeing with you, just curious.
>>
>>3091358
I mean seriously, given that it's taken her 5 years to get to the point where she's just starting to bring the cast together with a common objective I wouldn't be surprised if it takes another 10 years for this story to reach its conclusion. And sure, you can argue that that's 10 years of patreon bucks, but as a writer the fact that you're spending this much time working on a debut project should be at least
freaking you out a little bit.

>>3091377
[spoiler]Wrath[/spoiler]ia, one of the seven deadly sins. Wrathias element is lava. [spoiler]S U B T L E, right?[/spoiler]
>>
>>3091383
Oh, right, this isn't /lit/. My bad.
>>
>>3091344
Let me have my rant, anon

But I do like discovering new webcomics. I'd like those suggestions after all :)
>>
>>3091377
most already know about the 7 sins thing going in. I didn't so it seemed fine for wrathia to be a name-just a wrathful bitch. childish themes are done on purpose everywhere.
either way, it isn't a big deal but people make it out to be

>>3091471
>Let me have my rant, anon
sure thing.

I'll just dump a few posts
>>
File: 01+copy.jpg (554KB, 940x1445px) Image search: [Google]
01+copy.jpg
554KB, 940x1445px
>>3091696
some comics with nice art and recommend 1/4
these are parts from the very beginning btw

>Scurry
mice? mice.
>>
File: DVC_ch02_p0031.png (257KB, 800x1157px) Image search: [Google]
DVC_ch02_p0031.png
257KB, 800x1157px
>>3091699
2/4

>devil's candy
monster kids in monster school. nurse waifu included
>>
File: 2015-03-31.png (225KB, 940x778px) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-31.png
225KB, 940x778px
>>3091700
3/4

>countdown to countdown
weird mystery shit. oh yeah and gays
>>
File: 3.png (918KB, 730x950px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
918KB, 730x950px
>>3091702
4/4

>the inheritors
superpowers are illegal. now with 80% more city-walls-to-protect-from-monsters
>>
>>3091700
Shit I've been looking for this! I saw this a long time ago and forgot what it was called and didn't even know how to search for it!
Thank you anon! You're a peach and a half!
>>
>>3091788
>You're a peach and a half!
aw shucks senpai
>>
>>3090365
say what you will about anime influences being shit but, i'm glad artist arent drawing triple chinned fat faces anymore... oh wait.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.