[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is being realistic looked down on here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: shitty merc meme.png (227KB, 491x612px) Image search: [Google]
shitty merc meme.png
227KB, 491x612px
Is it autism? Too much anime? Libtard parents? All three maybe?
>>
Anonymous likes to tell lies.

It's the same with the 16 hours a day meme. I HIGHLY doubt any of slackers around here manage 10 or even 6 hours a day consistently.
>>
>>3089571
Challenge accepted
>>
>everyone can draw amazingly if they try hard enough

This is not an unrealistic belief in itself. It's on you if you're being unrealistic and don't understand just how hard is "hard" supposed to be.

Hint: The correct spelling is "FUCKING HARD."
>>
>>3089618
*citation needed
>>
>>3089568
Because it is annoying. You being "realistic" is really just you whining and bitching. If you want to quit art because you think you aren't talented enough then just fucking quit, no one gives a shit and no one wants to hear your endless lamentations about it.
>>
>>3089659
So it hurts your feelings to see someone being down to earth? grow the fuck up.
>>
>>3089668
Imbecile. You don't just go to any community dedicated to improving and instead of having constructive discussion on relevant topics dwell on how retarded you are and how it hurts your feelings that other people aren't as retarded as you..
>>
>>3089668
Not really, no. Where did you get that from? All I'm saying is whiny people are annoying and come off as pathetic and inconsequential. You aren't really fooling anyone by calling your pathetic whining being "down to earth" or "realistic".

If you are not satisfied with where you are at as an artist and with your prospects for the future, ask yourself what you can actually DO to change that. If you feel like you are too stupid / untalented to make a positive change, then cut your losses and quit for good. No one cares what it is you decide on doing, just do something and stop making these pathetic threads.
>>
Not OP. I'm guilty of having ranted about talent and that sort of stuff. Sometimes you just wanna rant. It's bad, I know.

I'll be bold and say... I wish this community was more understanding on why people have breakdowns like this. It's really, really hard and sometimes you genuinely get discouraged. It's also really lonely and when you try to express your frustrations and doubts all you get is "fuck off, kys" by people who are probably just as frustrated, sometimes demotivated and whatnot. If only people were a little bit positive, I don't really know how... but you know? A bit more understanding. Sometimes you just need a pat on the back and you're good to go.
>>
>>3089694
You sound like you'd perfectly fit into the reddit community, they'll suck your dick 24/7 when you cry about how frustrating and unfair everything is.
Get a grip
>>
>>3089694
You have to be the change anon, sometimes you have make more positive and constructive comments if you want to see more of that here. It's a small change to correct people who are wrong with charity and not by exchanging insults.
>>
>>3089676
the only thing people here seem to be dedicated to is their delusions.

>>3089685
>not having childish fantasies is pathetic
>>
>>3089694
No. Fuck you. I see at least five new threads of pathetic idiots that only want to rant and imagine what it would be like to be a great artist. Use your blog for that bullshit. Go to /adv/. Or actually lift your sad ass off the ground, do the work and get critique.

I'm sick of people like you.

Example of threads I've hidden in the past few days:
>>3086492
>>3080544
>>3088934
>>3088589
>>3085619

Are you sure any of those are interesting to read in any way? I'm not saying I didn't feel this way at some points in life, but seeing shit like this every single day disgusts me.
>>
>>3089725
>people here seem to be dedicated to is their delusions.

Yeah, the delusion that we will not have to exterminate you at some point.
>>
File: 6545676543567654.jpg (91KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
6545676543567654.jpg
91KB, 640x400px
>>3089741
>>
>tfw it is easy for me to learn new things in art
feels good
>>
>>3089725
No, continuously whining about the fact that you can't get over the death of your childish fantasies is what's pathetic. Why can't you move on with your life and quit art and /ic/ for good? Why must you stick around and day after day whine about how unfair and harsh reality is that you were not talented enough to make it as an artist?
>>
>>3089751
>no u!

there's literally no hope for any of you.
>>
>Libtard parents

It's really more the conservadrones who think that everyone can be wealthy and powerful, and that hard work always pays off.

>muh bootstraps
>muh prosperity gospel
>>
>>3089809
that's boomers in general you're thinking of.
>>
>>3089946
or anyone who is not a fucking communist or a follower of some fatalist eastern religion
>>
>>3089568
Yes /pol/, everything you don't like is libtards.
>>
File: 654334565.jpg (27KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
654334565.jpg
27KB, 480x478px
>>3090085
>>
>>3090099
QED.
>>
>>3089568
do you think maybe it's because the board is supposed to be a place to submit art and have people critique it
>>
>>3089568
You're the worst kind of person

Not only do you give up things are hard, you try to bring down people who don't want to give up. Honestly the sooner you're dead, the better it would be for everyone around you.
>>
File: ut4t1.jpg (42KB, 481x640px) Image search: [Google]
ut4t1.jpg
42KB, 481x640px
>>3090164
I love this.

At no time did I tell anyone to give up or that I was giving up myself. You retards decided that yourselves.

"The worst kind of person" to you is someone telling you what your parents should have told you growing up? Fucking incredible.
>>
>>3089568
You should get a trip.
>>
>>3089596
stream it nigger i want proofs
>>
>>3089568
>Hard work is the most important thing
>Libtard

?
>>
>>3090193
Why can't you just quit silently? Does it make you feel better about being a quitter if you're loud about it?
>>
>>3090212
no, it's "anyone can do anything" that's a libtard ideal.

>>3090218
why can't you just hide the thread, instead of being a little bitch like you're accusing me of?
>>
>>3090245
I'm not going to hide your shame for you
>>
>>3090246
"I'll just bump the thread instead, like the massive lumbering retard I am" :^)
>>
>>3090252
Who hurt you?
>>
File: is this faggot for real.png (71KB, 299x315px) Image search: [Google]
is this faggot for real.png
71KB, 299x315px
>>3090257
>>
>>3089568

Pragmatism deters you from being ambitious and leaving your comfort zone.
>>
>>3089568
Drawing amazingly? Depends on who you ask.

Drawing really well, and rendering really well, and understanding lines/shapes/values/colors and relationships really well?

Doable by just about anyone who is bit by the bug to do it.

Let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater here. It's good instruction, feedback, practice and mileage.

And we have a tremendous amount of instruction (books AND videos) and feedback available to us today more than ever before.
>>
File: IMG_0990.png (323B, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0990.png
323B, 480x480px
This thread is cancer. Paint it sage.
>>
>>3090245
>why can't you just hide the thread

Now that's something a libtard would say.
>>
>>3089568
>thinking talent exists in an abstract field where you have hours to complete your work
How did this retarded mindset come about?
>>
>>3090452
that's to date the worst argument against talent I've ever seen.
>>
>>3090245
I mean, it doesn't hurt to try. If you spend a decade drawing and you haven't improved, it's either you never tried or you didn't attempt.

Drawing isn't that hard you know. Just take a 2 year course lesson on whatever you wanna draw on. Visual arts are one of the more simple and undemanding forms of art.
>>
>>3089786
You don't know any of us so all you can do here is talk about yourself, your own experiences and your own blatantly obvious frustration. I'm sorry to hear that you think there is literally no hope for you, but once again, no one really cares all that much about you so just stop your bitching and move on with your life instead of making a new whine thread every other day, on a board dedicated to a craft you will never enjoy nor be good at according to your own posts.
>>
>>3090245
>no, it's "anyone can do anything" that's a libtard ideal.
Why are some people so bothered by this? I'm almost positive it's the same guy at this point.
>>
>>3089571
i am beg tier and i still manage to draw 7 hours per day everyday (studies,books,etc) stop projecting and get some discipline
>>
>>3090517
Even if this wasn't BS, I'm going to give you the sad truth that 7 hours a day really won't allow you to improve all that much more than 45 minutes a day if you're really beg tier.
>>
>>3090586
>I'm going to give you the sad truth that 7 hours a day really won't allow you to improve all that much more than 45 minutes a day if you're really beg tier.
What kind of BS is that? Truth? More like pulled out my mother fucking ass to try and scare you back into your hole. Well fuck you, it's not working.
>>
>>3090517
Literally how do you manage to study and draw for 7 hours a day and still be beg tier? How long have you been drawing? Unironically post your work, I'm curious.
>>
>>3090597
>he thinks improvement is quick
DK
>>
The link to physicality in art is seemingly not that direct giving people enough room to hold on to delusions.

If you're 5'4, the chances of you being a top tier basketball player or even making it in the NBA are literally 0%. Likewise, I believe there is undoubtedly some kind neurological equivalent that would prevent somebody from reaching artistic heights, but this cannot be easily detected, thus giving cause to the extremist egalitarian /ic/ outlook of 'literally everybody is exactly the same, and it's 100% hard work and nothing else!'.
>>
There's so much theorycrafting and asspulling surrounding this topic since there's not really much scientific research regarding what it takes to git gud in art. At /fit/ you can easily debunk whatever bullshit just by pointing to the established science.

Nobody really KNOWS what's the best and fastest way to improve in art. There are masters and professionals who know what worked for them but that's nearly all anecdotal.

All we really know that it takes a lot of work, even when you are "talented".
>>
>>3090611
Ic isn't egalititarian. If you're weakminded scum that want to excuse your mediocrity you deserve to be abolished from existence..
>>
>>3089568
Don't take OP seriously, he got ass kicked in the discord last night and is being a salty little bitch now.
>>
>>3089571
ill stream myself doodling bad shit for 6 hours tomorrow so u can never call /ic/ slackers ever again
>>
>>3090729
That petty. You don't have to prove anything to anyone. Use your time for yourself or to make money.
>>3090617
Yup. That's about right. It's like life is meant to be unfair and humans evolved to deal with hardships. But everyone here has easy internet access and don't have to worry about starving to death so they find things to complain about.
>>
>>3090729
But can you do it consistently? I doubt it.
I draw every day, have been for months, and even I have trouble focusing and getting enough hours. Sometimes I can draw 6 hours, sometimes just an hour. It's not a bad thing, we're human. Most of us aren't in competitive environment that pushes us to pull those insane amount of hours every day.

>>3090517
Not projection becasue I draw every day too. I just doubt any of the 16 hour guys have actually tried to do it and were able to keep it consistant for long periods of time. I did.
>>
>6 hours a day
Nigga, I work, and barely manage 2 hours a day on a weekday, and I still see A LOT of improvement. Sure, 6 hours a day is maybe what I do casually studying on a sunday / saturday, but everyday? How do you guys live?
>>
>>3090740
>and even I have trouble focusing and getting enough hours
>Sometimes I can draw 6 hours, sometimes just an hour
7 hours guy here i found a stupid trick that boosted my hours from 1-4 to flat 7 without missing a single day,works for me but eh give it a try i guess.
i removed every single clock in my room so after a bit i lose track of time and everything get less painful and then just draw (i use a timer on my smartphone so i know when to change exercise),sadly 7 hours of serious study(no internet,no distractions,no 4chan)is my hard limit (its already late evening,my brain refuse to work,etc)
>>
>>3090758
This nigga

Keep alarms if you need them, but never use them for timing your drawing, and never have your clocks visible.
>>
>>3090742
>>3090740
>>3090758
Stephen King: “...not working is the real work.”
>>
>>3090793
poor choice of words by my part,what i meant set your alarm so you know when you need to change block(anatomy,colour,portraits,etc),in my case each block last the same amount of minutes
>>
>>3090708
It literally is. The believe that every one starts out on equal footing and 'it's just hard work bro ;)' is the predominant believe here.
>>
Why don't you all just go draw something?
>>
>>3090819
Because I decided this is my off day.
>>
>>3090810
No, resonable people just think it's safe to adopt a growth mindset. And ofc everybody have different backgrounds and temeraments for a particular pursuit which will make them more or less likely to persevere. However there is nothing supporting the idea that there is a skillcap on each individual inscripted in our dna.
>>
>>3090819
"Drawing sucks."
- /ic/
>>
>>3090506
I'm not even that guy. Guess you don't know anything either or you just want to think there's one guy here who disagrees with you?

>>3090721
>using the discord

>>3090510
because it's not true?

>>3090819
I only draw when I damn well feel like it.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.