[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did he get good?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

How did he get good?
>>
>>3088531
By shitposting on /ic/
>>
>>3088531
he did what many here havent, he dint give up. his oldest drawing/when he started are similar to the beg threads skill wise but he, unlike us he got help from many of the top guys from CA at the time. plus hard work that's archived in his old twitch channel .
>>
>>3088557
>that's archived in his old twitch channel
What's his old twitch? I can only find the newer Steve Lichman one.
>>
>>3088531
He actually worked at it instead of just complaining. When he would study anatomy for example he would copy each plate out like 12 times or something (forget the exact number) so that it was fully committed to memory. He also didn't just mindlessly grind, but put some thought into it and applied his studies into personal works all along the way.
>>
>>3088569
It was 9.
>>
>>3088531
Talent, don't know why people have to beat around the bush
>>
>>3088575
Talent is nothing compared to work you have to put in, retard
>>
>>3088531

Studies focusing on his weakness.

Applying what he learned on his personal work.

Shit ton of repetition.

>>3088560

His old videos is gone. I think because it shows so much of his process that people don't bother buying his tutorials.

>>3088575

More like proper training. Talent only means you learn faster. Everyone can get good it just takes a lot longer for some.
>>
>>3088575
>>3088583
>talent vs work meme
Don't matter it's all luck
>>
>>3088560
He never streamed on Twitch, he used a website called Livestream, which has since changed a lot. His stream name was fuckinartwithmrdelicious, but it looks like everything has gone from that site. If you search for his youtube channel you can find a few of his old streams.
>>
He got Thai massages from Dan. That was the key.
>>
>>3088588
>luck
Don't matter it's all fate
>>
>>3088650
You still have to do stuff even if it's your destiny
>>
>>3088630
yes he did you stupid fucking moron.

Yknow, you truly are a fucking idiot. Perfect example of a retarded kid that doesn't know what he's talking about. Probably will never know what he's talking about. You're seriously a fucking moron.

twitch tv/videos/74310110
>>
>>3088730
Whoa really makes you think
>>
>>3088531

He is a hard worker and talented, that's undeniable. Anyone who accompanied his progress could see he improved really fast, even when others where training almost in the same way.

He also was charismatic and lucky that Ca.org had plenty of professionals wanting to network in the early days, so he got help from a lot of them. It was kinda depressing for others making sketchbooks in Ca.org to see some "stars" getting tons of reply from professionals and other talented artists and your sketchbook with no post at all.

I don't know much about his personal condition when studying, I remember he talked about being a troubled teenager who got arrested or something like that, but I think he had support from his parents to do nothing but study for at least two years I think...
About his streams and thread in CA.org... The perspective of seeing someone going from shit level to professional in a little more than a year is interesting, but not much motivating because he obviously progress faster than most I'll see around. So although drawing/painting almost everyday, it wasn't a really substantial amount of works that he did to get from "bellow average to pretty good".
>>
>>3088978
I think he got arrested for shoplifting or something. He also had his gf who helped support him at one point if I remember correctly. That cutie pie girl who made monster stuffed animals, I forget her name.
>>
>>3088531
he had no other choice.

>corner a wild animal and it will unleash it's fury upon you.
>>
>>3089016
>>3088988
this.

he literally fucked up any chances of getting a solid career. so he went full elite artist.
>>
>>3088988
Yeah, hes an inspiration, but hes path is not one to follow.
>>
>>3089400
That goes for every professional artist out there.
>>
>>3089403
I know, but most begginers think they can make it in the same way some professional did.
>>
He also did those tmnt fanarts that got super popular and probably skyrocketed his career.
>>
>>3090177
>career

nah just got him popular
>>
>>3090202
...which helped his career immensely
>>
>>3089427
>you have to carve your own path to make it
Whoa
>>
>>3090203
nah he's a schmuck working for peanuts. truth.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.