[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i start working on conceptual/modern art? How did you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: rothko.jpg (101KB, 801x1036px) Image search: [Google]
rothko.jpg
101KB, 801x1036px
How do i start working on conceptual/modern art? How did you start and got into that world?
I went to countless galleys, rothko, ai wei wei, duchamp, warhol, hirst. I really like that styles, i have created tons of conceptual art, it's shit, i am still learning, but i want to go into that direction. Currently i am js/node.js/c# programmer and it''s making me sucidal.
How can to get your art to that frame, not to the frame of satire or cheap impostorship.
>>
File: Why.jpg (24KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
24KB, 500x375px
>>3088207
The last thing we need is more conceptual/modern art.
>>
>>3088207
Thats good for you bro. If you have a direction in mind, just dont wander off of it for too long. Much of /ic/ hates modern art, but much of it dealing with the properties of different mediums is very useful to even traditional/academic artists.
If you align your goals with not appearing cheap to others, your work will look unauthentic because you will be constantly trying to fit a mold. What you should want on your journey for authenticity is obviously to be yourself while creating something that others enjoy. You can find a small niche and get very very specialized, you can come up with something completely original, or you can actually just try to imitate others. If someone is doing something that you like, there isnt really a big deal with doing better.
Good luck mate. Hope you make it one day
>>
>>3088207
It depends. Do you have a good concept in mind?
>>
>>3088207
Maybe learn about art first.

You can't be a modern artist belongs to a past historical period.

Mark Rothko is not a conceptual artist.

I'm not just being a pedant, the fine art world is dominated by nonsense. You have to cement yourself within art history and theory for bankers to think that buying your stuff will make them ubermensch.

Look at dudes like warhol or jeff koons or hirst.

Or just find a big bird toy, get replicas made in glass, gold and wood and then display them at different heights on a wall.
>>
>>3089341
>You can't be a modern artist belongs to a past historical period.
...modern artist, modern art belongs...

soz bb
>>
>>3088207
maybe some art history conceptual art is post-modern, in both senses, in that it came after modern art and alloys to postmodernist philosophy.

not only is conceptual art not modern art, it isn't even visual art at all, it's its own separate thing completely aside from painters like rothko or pollock who wanted you to actually visually appreciate their work.

with conceptual art the idea is the thing, not the qualities of the art. if i tell you that duchamp took a urinal and put it in a gallery and called it 'the fountain' then that's just as good as seeing the actual work.

not that conceptual art is necessarily bad or anything, it just doesn't have anything to do with painting, even contemporary painting. but literally 99% of conceptual art is cheap satirical impostorship, so if you really want to do conceptual art you have to accept that.

perhaps what you really want to do is something like abstract expressionism, in that case you probably don't need to learn art history, but it'd help, you should just look at a lot of paintings you like and try to understand why you like them, and do hundreds of paintings.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.