[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poverty

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: sauce.jpg (15KB, 400x243px) Image search: [Google]
sauce.jpg
15KB, 400x243px
can poor people still make it?
like when you only have regular pens and used printer paper
>>
>i am poor
>this means my life is too hard so i will make excuses as to why i dont draw well or enough
not gonna make it

>i am poor
>i do not wish to be poor so i will let this motivate me to draw and improve like fucking hell
might make it
>>
>>3087871
Certainly it will be difficult, but not impossible
>>
>>3087871
You can get some cheap practice material, and I'm sure that even when you're poor you can put a few bucks aside to invest a little in better supplies.

Though, how poor are we talking?
I'm poor by my country's average but I feel like a king most of the time because I don't waste my money on things that a lot of people around me do, like new phones, clothes, expensive food and going out, I never go out.
Then I also have a jar in which I put small change and after some time there's enough in it to buy some more pencils, ink and paper.
Lots of information and knowledge can be found on the internet nowadays so self-teaching has never been this easy.

Look at the possibilities and don't give me a bunch of bullshit excuses, that's a sign that you don't even want to make it.
So, OP, what are you doing to reach your goal?
>>
Good equipments certainly do help but they don't magically make you into an art god, by the end of the day it'll always come down to the skill and creativity of the artist.
>>
>>3087871
If you get even a cheap scanner (I assume you have a computer) it should scan your pencil drawings on toilet paper fairly well at 600DPI.
>>
>>3087871
yes

> i was so poor i couldnt afford pencils or paper. After each class i would do a quick check for dropped/disgarded school supplies. After school i would go to the library and do the same. I had good repport with certain teachers so i would stop by to ask about school lessons or chat. During that time i would grab a few sheets of paper 'to jot down notes'. I page of notes and 4 free peices of paper. I did the same at the school computer lab for free paper. When things got desperate, i would go to the public library for a golf pencil.

When i was old enough, i got an afterschool job. It was either at libraries or schools/university

> most of my backpacks and notebook binders came from the lost and found
>>
>>3087871
Pen and paper is one of the few things that should always be easy to come by, and it's all you need to draw
>>
I grew up poor (at least poor for a first world person, still wearing the same clothes I used to wear when I was 15, now almost 10 years later ect.). So I might aswell be poor and do what I like, its not like I could make it in anything what I dont enjoy doing.
>>
Pencil and paper is literally all you need. Fuck, drawing is one of the cheapest hobbies.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN8MfTjaq30
>>
>>3087871
yes, although newsprint and charcoal are way way cheaper then pens and printer paper anyway.
>>
>>3087871
No. Regular pens are not for art work. COMPLETELY! There is no good pictures drawn with this crap. Use ANYTHING except them! Felt-tip pen, gel pen, your sperm, ANYTHING!!!!
>>
>>3088261
actually ball-point pens are quite good for drawing, wide range of values.
>>
>>3087871
you can install cs3 in a beat up laptop and start from there. you can buy a real small tablet for like 60 dollars and boom, excuse gone.
>>
>>3088123
Now that's some motherfucking dedication right there.
>>3088230
I'm the exact same on all accounts, including the old clothes. I've been working my way up though, and finally am starting to make decent money on all of it. Feels good.
>>
>>3087871
don't make your life miserable by setting unrealistic expectations: being born poor means you WILL die poor.

you can be a smart, hardworking guy, but your lack of education, contacts, time and resources constitute an unsurmountable obstacle, unless you win the lottery or some other highly improbable shit
>>
Yes.
If I recall correctly, for a good period of time,Alexander Pascenko was doing pencils and laying some tones on PS,with a mouse. (not to say he was poor,he is german so prolly not)

being poor should also be a good motivator?
>>
>>3088716
I do stuff from reference in ms paint using mouse but i thought it was a waste because the mouse is too slow.
>>
>>3088681
You have a horrible attitude
>>
>>3091636
he's correct though. it is worth remembering. setting your sights too high can only lead to disappointment, best to find value in what you can have, rather than pine over the life you can't have.
>>
>>3087871
Nope, even rich people won't make it. There's a reason why the top 1% of skill level exists in any given field, barely anyone will ever get that good.
>>
>>3088716
>being poor should also be a good motivator?
not really, poverty is bad for your mental health

depression is pretty common amongst poor people
>>
You have internet therefore you are not poor
You have a computer/laptop/smartphone therefore you are not poor

I am confident in making the assumption that you have atleast a minimum wage job and are capable of paying for housing and food.
You are not poor, you can afford the luxury of saving your earnings in a reasonable manner to afford more expensive things.
>>
>>3087871
Have you ever heard a the "starving artist"? Fucktons of artists were poor. Art has nothing to do with money and if you can't draw with a #2 and printer paper, you're a shit artist.
>>
>>3087871
Yes, it just takes a lot more hard work.
>>
>>3092064
cry me a river. shut up and draw
>>
>>3088123
my fucking nigga.

I go to a rich kids' university thanks to a scholarship, but every friday I go through the workshops and pick up anything that anyone had left behind and I give it some good use. Since my classmates are rich kids, they don't really appreciate the value of good tools/money, so you can find good rulers and pencils. Good paper is a bit harder to come by, but I can just buy a fuckhueg roll of fax printer paper and call it a day.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.