[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT TABLET DO YOU HAVE?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 49

File: 1481274267847.jpg (38KB, 1040x663px) Image search: [Google]
1481274267847.jpg
38KB, 1040x663px
WHAT TABLET DO YOU HAVE?
>>
>>3087703
who fucking cares
>>
>>3087706
I want to know which one is the most common
>>
>>3087707
why does it matter.

Get an intuos pro and stop making shitty threads
>>
>>3087703
I have the intuos pen and and touch, small right now. Kinda hate how small it is, but I'm just using it as a stopgap until I can afford a better one. It was on sale.

Saving up for the Artisul D13 now. I hear good things about it.
>>
If you're looking for a cheap yet effective tablet then I would recommend the huion h610 pro
>>
>>3087703
Got a UGEE M1000L for $60 aud but I've seen it go as low as $40. Large working space, nice macro buttons, never had anmy issues with it.
>>
>>3087703
I have the same intuos 5 except a version before that one, not sure what the difference is other than buttons.
>>
>>3087703
Found a used/cheap 12wx cintiq, it's okay, but my only complaint is the fact that the colours are always off.

Also hard to animate on without hiding all the panels in whatever program i'm using.
>>
>>3087780
not op, but planning to buy it this week, any cons to keep in mind?
the specification says it's almost the same as intuos pro, is that right?
>>
>>3087703
Wacom Intuos3 6x8
Wacom Intuos Pro Medium
Wacom Cintiq 22HD (no touch)
>>
>>3087703
wacom intuos pro 5 medium size
that thing is made out of old nintendium
>>
Huion. Cheap and get the job done
>>
I really want an iPad pro, obviously art reasons.
>>
cintiq 21ux
>>
Intuos 4 small
>>
I have
>Intous Pro Large
and
>Intous Pen Small
>>
some huion for years, i don't even remember the model
>>
Intuos4 Small
Cintiq 13HD

Had the Intuos for six years, bought Cintiq this year
>>
>>3087880
no cons. ive had it for years with no problems.

it has more features than the intuos pro and a larger drawing space. wacom is overpriced as fuck
>>
>>3087703
Intuos Pro medium
>>
File: pretentious wee.png (900KB, 1024x734px) Image search: [Google]
pretentious wee.png
900KB, 1024x734px
that one precisely
it's waterproof,cum proof,milk proof
>>
>>3087703
wacom bamboo CTL-470
>>
File: IMG_20170805_221651404.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170805_221651404.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
Mmmm jealous. X220 tablet. It actually works really well. The pen it came with with trash but I got a different one. And it's cheap.
>>
File: IMG_0380.jpg (1MB, 3264x1906px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0380.jpg
1MB, 3264x1906px
Ipad
>>
>>3087703
huion gayno
>>
>>3087703
that same one, love it too
>>
Cintiq 13HD but I want an intuos pro medium instead.
>>
>>3087713
This, if you don't know what to get go with Intuos Pro.

Skill matters more.
>>
>>3087703
Intuos Pro 2017 large

It buggs out with PS and Bluetooth is shit, but besides that I love it.
>>
>>3087703
The one you posted. Love it, had it for at least 5 years and not planning on trying anything else as long as it's still going strong!
>>
>>3087703
exactly the same as your op picture
>>
File: amarna_letters[1].jpg (220KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
amarna_letters[1].jpg
220KB, 600x600px
>>3087703
this one
>>
File: one-by-wacom-small-1-g.jpg (36KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
one-by-wacom-small-1-g.jpg
36KB, 960x640px
>>3087703
Wacom one small
>>
>>3088647
exactly this except my intuos4 is medium
>>
This bad boy, love it
>>
>>3088647
me, have had mine exactly as long as you
>>3088599

I've been eyeing the 13HD quite a bit lately. How good of an upgrade is it? My biggest fear is that it's going to be too small for me despite being used to such a small Intuos.
>>
>>3089514
what is that flap of fabric for anyway? The pen doesn't fit.
>>
Using huion H610 pro
it was very cheap and is a lot better than my previous wacom and wacoms we use at school
>>
>>3090604
it does ass forward
if you try the tip first, it stops at the button
I had that one but it was too fucking small to use
medium tablets are a lot better
>>
>>3089993
Colors are shit and mobility is off with all those cables
>>
>>3089993
Depends. How much space do you have on your desk? Do you generally draw small, or large? Do you plan to use it as a portable device?

For me it's perfect because I draw small (A4 and smaller), didn't have much space for anything larger. Never had problems with the cables barely moved it since I got it.
It was well worth its price in my opinion, don't think could go back to non-screen tablets.
>>
>>3090713
I forgot to mention: it speeds up the drawing process by a lot. Having a screen tablet wouldn't magically make you a pro, but it sure makes things easier.
>>
>>3087785
does it work with linux
>>
Are the XP-Pen star series worth it(specifically 03)? They also come with battery free pens which I haven't seen from non-wacom products.
>>
>>3090784
I think XP Pen and wacom are the partner or the same company (or probably hired the same webdesigner). If XP pen bought wacom's patent then shouldn't it be more expensive?
I'll stick to wacom since it works smoothly on linux. but I'd say if you need a bigger tablet area and have big screen then XP Pen is a good choice.
>>
>>3089960
Same as this anon.
Love my cintiq.
>>
Wacom Create
>>
Wacom comic/manga small. Wish I had at least a medium, it's a lot easier to draw on for me personally.

Came with some manga and animation programs I never bothered using.
>>
>>3087703
Cintiq 22hd
Colours aren't as good as my lcd monitor though.
>>
I have the first gen iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil and I really like it. Procreate is the best!
>>
>>3089960
I have 4 of them at home
>>
>>3087703
24HD Cintiq. Never regretted the cost, not once.
>>
huion q11k
>>
A burrow sabre dude I don't know the implications of these huge ass fucki bars this shut is so fukin big for baby's hands lol my hands look like Dicks
>>
>>3087703
got an intuos pro med cheap af off amazon no regrets
>>
>>3087706
>ignoring how many issues are found in certain tablets
>not realizing people may want to know what to avoid
fuckoff
>>
>>3091213
wat? why 4? you need them all?
>>
>>3090702
you mean that one cable...?
>>
>>3089018
moneyfags,
i bet yiu can't draw a proper figure
>>
>>3087880
no tilt support
>>
>>3092108
Just in case they break
>>
>>3092505
ooook.
godspeed anon
>>
>>3087703
The cheapest Wacom you can find...
>>
>>3088833
I have an X201 tablet, where'd you get the replacement pen from? the default is shit
>>
I have a Huion H610 pro. Used to have a Wacom Bamboo.
>>
cintiq 13hd but I would want a intous pro med
>>
File: photo_2017-08-11_00-22-32.jpg (193KB, 1280x913px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-08-11_00-22-32.jpg
193KB, 1280x913px
>>3088833
ayy, same
Poor college fag and I wanted something that was portable, and an all in one machine so I could also handwrite notes on it, but I also wanted a good keyboard to type reports and such on.
Also, for the life of me, I can't coordinate myself well with a separate graphics tablet.

Also for pens, the lifebook pen's nice, but for sketching, i often fall back on the twig that is the galaxy note 2 s-pen. It's got really low starting pressure and a fairly springy tip that's easy to control pressure with.
Been thinking about upgrading to a used thinkpad yoga s1 or slightly newer.
Second gen i5 in the x220's got a hard time using photoshop and not killing over and the battery's not what it used to be.
>>3095245
Ebay.
Look up lifebook 2 button pen or just any pen compatible with samsung galaxy note 4 or older devices.

Despite its size, the galaxy note 2 pen's one of my favorites due to the low starting pressure, and the wacom TabletPC program just recognizes it as a 1 button pen, so even the shitty button can be used. Really nice for basic sketching. Note 4's got a shitty pressure curve, almost no way to get very fine lines, and the note 3's in between the 4 and 2, replaceable tips of the 4, but not as good of a pressure curve as the note 2's.
>>
File: wacom-intuos-ctl-480s-large.jpg (28KB, 889x535px) Image search: [Google]
wacom-intuos-ctl-480s-large.jpg
28KB, 889x535px
CTL-480. Have never gotten completely used to drawing without having my hand in view.

Should I get a bigger tablet or go for a Cintiq?
>>
File: 1wUOGE3.jpg (143KB, 801x901px) Image search: [Google]
1wUOGE3.jpg
143KB, 801x901px
this one >>3087703
the drivers are a pain in the ass every once in a russian year tho
>>
>>3095903
You could try the huion giano, but you pretty much will need lazy nezumi to get smooth lines. It's worked very well for me so far though, despite the annoying drivers and the pen that needs to be charged every now and then.
>>
>>3089960
Aren't they like really bad on the eyes? Legit question, a buddy told me that it causes some severe eyestrain
>>
Cintiq 22HD

Its finally growing on me after feeling "meh" about it for a year and a half after purchase. Definitely got some major flaws, but still, for lineart based work there's just no comparison when it comes to speed and precision, doing one line instead of 20 ctrlz's is a godsend.

You still got to have another screen to check your work though since the resolution is only 1920 with it, and also theres a thick screen protector that kinda blurs the image a little bit.
>>
>>3095245
I was lucky and someone sold me there's for 10 bucks. They run on eBay used for 20 and if you want a new one probably more money but I didn't look for new. It's a lifebook pen. I don't know if it matters which one. The one I have is the T731 stylus pen. The eraser is still meh on this but the side click buttons actually work and it comes with changeable white nubs. Closet and cheapest thing to a real Wacom pen you'll get probably. I recommend getting a used one or finding a cheap one on eBay don't go to Amazon.
>>
>>3095440
I feel you on that battery mine is dogshit. And I need to get a new one. I put an SSD in mine too and it runs a hell of a lot faster also 8gigs of ram helps too. Does yours get hot fast? Mine only does when I have it charging and flipped around to draw. Another thing I can't get the screen rotate to work well. I can rotate it and it'll work in one application then it acts glitchy in others. Just wanted to know if you've experienced that.
>>
>>3087703
Huion New 1060 Plus
No problems.
>>
>>3087880
Spend the extra $10 and get the New 1060 Plus. Make sure it's the "New" one.
>>
XP PEN 22HD

Pretty good. No real issues. Big lovely screen. Pen is okay.
>>
Just bought a used Intuos 4 small. Works pretty well for most parts. Not sure if the stylus had worn out. Can't seem to make feather light stokes.
I need some advice. I wanted to try art and never actually drawn before. So when placing the tablet aligned with the monitor, it's still harder to consistently draw straight lines, compared with on paper. Hand friction on the tablet contributes to part of this. I tried moving my arm more than the wrist but it's still difficult to control. Will I overcome this with if I continue practising on the tablet or should I practise on paper instead?
>>
File: ce932670.jpg (253KB, 1200x676px) Image search: [Google]
ce932670.jpg
253KB, 1200x676px
parblo coast10. cheap as hell and efficient as fuck. gonna get either the larger version or a Huion when i get more disposable income.
>>
>>3097103
>Hand friction on the tablet contributes to part of this.

Wear a glove. Basic gardening glove with fingers cut off will do.

Also, drawing straight lines with normal tablet is difficult in general and drawing on paper doesnt help you that much with that, drawing with a tablet is a bit of a skill on it own. So dont worry about straight lines that much.
>>
I have an old bamboo because my second hand intuos 3 crapped out. The cord is dogshit and I don't want to have to spend $90+ to get it fixed nor am I smart enough to fix it myself. I probably could, but I'm also lazy.

Personally, even comparing the bamboo and intuos 3 side my side - it didn't matter to me for smoothness but I miss having a wider surface to rest my arms on. Having to scrunch up with the bamboo is very uncomfortable.

I'd like to upgrade to something like a cintique but trying to figure out what one is better for me with all the pros and cons stress me out since I don't want to drop $500-2k on something and change my mind.
>>
Wacom Bamboo Pen
>>
>>3097103
You will never have control with a small tablet without zooming in 300%; you should have got a Large but you thought that a couple hundred dollars was worth gimping yourself for years. Shame on you! Sell that thing and get a real tablet immediately.
>>
>>3096445
no? I guess if your like 10cm away from the screen or something. It's much easier on the eyes than a monitor, I mean.. it's made to be stared at for hours so it's pretty compfy. I often watch movies or series on it rather than my monitor because it's easy on the eyes
>>
File: not straight.png (40KB, 654x603px) Image search: [Google]
not straight.png
40KB, 654x603px
>>3097692
Doesn't the small train you to have steady hands with prolonged use? I thought I start cheap and then get a better tablet if I ever get off the ground.
>>
A 10 year old intuos 3, only one ive owned and it still works great.
>>
File: female_body_sketches2.jpg (717KB, 2000x1063px) Image search: [Google]
female_body_sketches2.jpg
717KB, 2000x1063px
Bought a Cintiq 21UX for the cheap and feel I'm not gonna be able to transition back to regular tablets so easily because of it. I haven't been using it the past few months because of the Drawabox studies I'm doing, but best art purchase I've made in some time.

Maybe, someday, my forms won't be so stiff anymore with the second wind I got.
>>
>>3096716
I've got the it/8gb o' ram/128gb sad, gets only notably hot when really crunching in Photoshop or when streaming. Looking at Lenovo forums, the heat is a common issue since it was so small with the kind of processor in it.
And screen rotation only really works well in Windows 7, I traded it for Windows 10's touch and tablet support. Now something I never got running was the rotation sensor. I know it has one since it was auto rotating while dicking around with Android on it. Again, according to the forums, it's one of those things that didn't really work too well.
>>
>>3097728
No it doesn't. You use paper and pencil and follow the Peter Han dynamic sketching course on youtube for that. A small tablet is nothing but an actual piece of shit. You might be able to do something okay on it after expending a superlative amount of time and effort, but you will be able to do it much better and much faster with a Large. A small is okay for photo-editing and impasto-style blotchy digital painting (of course, the others are better for that too, regardless) but that's it. If you want to actually draw you're going to want something that lets you control your lines and there is almost no amount of money you can save that would make a Small or a Medium worth it. Thankfully a Large or Cintiq are ONLY a couple hundred to a couple thousand more. Having a tablet you can draw freehand effectively on will save you so much time and effort and spare you so many bad habits it will have figuratively paid itself off within a week or two's use.
>>
>>3097774
I have Windows 7 and it still doesn't work. Not that big of deal just inconvenient. Also what's your stream I'll follow you.
>>
>>3097776
Thanks for the sound advice. I'm leaning towards a medium now, due to cost and tablet space considerations. Still better than a small, right?
>>
>>3097841
There's an application from lenovo's page that let it automatically switch to a certain orientation when you flip it, haven't gotten it to work on windows 10, worked fine on windows 7 when I did have that.
And because of that heat, I don't stream.
also I'm hella timid and don't like people watching me draw most of the time.
>>
>>3087703
I got a Wacom Bamboo Connect which kinda looks like >>3089514 though I don't know how big the Bamboo Connect is in comparison to it. I couldn't afford a better one.

It's been 4 years since I bought it, and it suddenly stopped working recently (it won't detect the pen). It worked just fine like two weeks before that. I tested it on another computer with no drivers installed and the pointer moved occasionally by spazzing out, I then installed the latest driver and it stopped detecting the pen just like on my laptop.
I had the tablet and the pen checked but it doesn't look like something's broken inside. What the fuck is happening to my tablet? How do I fix it? I can't buy a new one.
>>
>>3087703
I currently use a wacom bamboo pen and touch but I bought a Huion Inspiroy Q11k a few days ago as an early birthday gift
>>
>>3087703
Intros Pen Small.
>>
How are the cheaper Huoin and XP Pen tablets?

T. Poorfag who cant afford cintiq
>>
>>3089960
Got one too, upgraded from an Intuos Art 4x6. Pricey as heck but makes the painting feel better since you can physically see where you're placing your stroke.

Though I always feel bad because I'm not at a level I really deserve a Cintiq haha.

>>3096445
The biggest problem I have about it is that the surface gets hot. Especially in the summer if you've been drawing on it for hours it's just putting out extra heat.
Also the cords on mine are loose (though my fault, traveled with it and it fell off the desk where I was staying) so if I'm drawing on it and tap the wire it'll connect/disconnect very rapidly causing the screen to shift on and then off for a few seconds.
>>
Xp Pen is good, maybe huion looks better but I think Xp Pen is more durable and reliable.
>>
>>3100165
Honestly you should get that stupid thinking out of your head. Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you deserve/don't deserve it.
If it's your money that you bought it with then you deserve whatever you have enough for.
Just recently a friend of mine bought one and she never owned a tablet before. To see her already get to use it with such skill just because of the screen while I had to slave away at a small tablet without a screen...
Honestly I can already see her, a complete digital beginner get way more use out of the screen and more than professionals who worked on tablets for years because she can completely bypass the hand-eye coordination cancer.
>>
I'm poor so I have a fire tablet I got as a gift and a cheap stylus I picked up off the floor.
>>
I have an Intous4 medium size I got back in 2010. Still works great, and I use it when I can.
>>
File: 3 inches.jpg (102KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
3 inches.jpg
102KB, 1200x900px
is this hardmode?
>>
I have mobilestuido pro 16
>>
Samsung Galaxy Note 5. I haven't drawn in ages though since [spoiler]I'm not gonna make it anyway[/spoiler]
>>
I've come into some money and I want to buy something really nice for myself for a change. I've been using an intuos for a long time and its served me well.

I was thinking about buying a cintiq 27 QHD, thoughts? The lack of portability isn't a problem as I never draw anywhere but home anyway. Better alternatives?
>>
On one hand I love the big aspect of the cintiq 22 no touch, on the other if I ever travel it's gonna be a bitch to carry and 13 hd wins there but it feels a bit small for my tastes.

What do you guys suggest? How about going offbrand like ugee or huion?
>>
>>3101637
I'd go for the 22
You can try 16" Pro Cintiq, though it's probably more expensive than the 22HD
>>
File: 1492284665747.gif (1MB, 260x167px) Image search: [Google]
1492284665747.gif
1MB, 260x167px
>>3101625
>I'm not gonna make it anyway

so? I've not browsed /ic/ a lot but this seems to be a common attitude here, are you all treating art purely as a means to a financial end? do none of you just draw to create? to have some fun?

or is it just memebait that ive bitten?
>>
>>3101636
you'll hardly find better quality alternatives than wacoms cintiq's
>>
>>3101640
I mostly draw for "fun", but I mainly just create bland amateurish anime styled drawings with no form. It's not particularly a skill I have, just something I do to visualize a concept I have in my head.
>>
>>3101617
Could you give us some impressions, some cons/pros?

I'm seriously considering this one but the reported issues and huuuge price is kind of a turn off, unfortunately there are not other feature equal competitors and the 13 model seems too narrow
>>
>>3101639
Not the same guy but I'm interested in the 22hd and 16 pro myself

Only thing about the 22hd I'm not sure about is the screen
The 16pro on the other hand, i'd have to buy the express key remote and I've heard about issues with it like wobbly lines and such
>>
I used to have a Wacom Bamboo Fun, one of the discontinued ones, but I ordered pic related just yesterday. It's a new Intuos.

Speaking of tablets, how long did it take you guys to get used to them? To me, the biggest problem is the texture. It all feels too smooth, to the point that I end up taping paper onto the surface to make some more friction. Any tips to getting used? I can't make smooth lines anymore, just chicken scratch shit.
It feels like everybody but me can use tablets just fine.
What programs do you use? I just got myself Paint Tool SAI, but I'm not sure if there's better out there.
>>
>>3101686
>eriously considering this one but the reported issues and huuuge pric
I have had no issues with. Although Wacom sent the device with a small scratch inside the screen and minor light bleed mostly visible during startup. I will rma it to get new device closer to warranty expiration.
>>
>>3101640
Please do not fucking post that image anywhere ever again
>>
This one. An 15 years old Wacom Bamboo Fun. Lastly the pens buttons are broken. Poorfag has not enough money for something new.
>>
>>3088181
you should get one
>>
>>3101625
Ayy, I doodle on my old, retired note 2.
The pen on the note 2 is so much better than the note 4, can't say anything about the note 5 pen tho.
It's the digital equivalent of doodling on a notepad.
>>
>>3088711
Monster is pretty good actually
>>
File: pixelart001.gif (782KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
pixelart001.gif
782KB, 500x475px
>mfw there's a actual tablet thread on /ic/

Beautiful timing. I'm about to buy one, lads.
Which ones would be very effective, but not too expensive?
>>
>>3101483
Post your work.
>>
>>3104635
X220 tablet. It's a tablet you can see like a cintiq. But it's also a laptop. Can't recommend this enough check on eBay highest price might be 230
>>
>>3104787
Nah, have the same. It's funny, though nothing for the professional work. For scetching or some smaller works it's okay.
>>
File: asd.png (437KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
437KB, 1366x768px
>>3097776
This dude tells the truth, fuck this wacom intuos draw and my small screen.Bought one for trying out the ''tablet'' game and now I can't even draw a single damn line with this stuff and it feels too unnatural.
>>
>>3104858
You think an expensive tablet will make you draw better? Because it's not about the tool it's about the person and their skill
>>
>>3105478
Not that guy but I think that expensive stuff are more helpful than the cheaper ones. But that doesn't change the fact that expensive stuff won't make you a better artist.
>>
>>3105478
Nope. Regardless of which tool you use, you have to master the craft. Of course the more expencive are more helpful, like >>3105478 said. But in the end the artist have to know how to use his craftingtools.
>>
I was thinking of getting an ipad mini with the apple pencil for note taking, but does anyone know how well it works art wise?
>>
Intuos Pro Medium.
>>
>>3087880
Bought one and have been very happy with it ever since, best 60 bucks Ive ever invested. Reading some reviews I heard that the driver support was pissy, but I just followed the instructions to the letter and I had no issues.
>>
>>3107314
As far as I know, iPad Mini doesn't recognize the Apple Pen, you need an iPad Pro - which is better, has better refresh rate and pressure sensitivity, that something the other iPads dont - to use the Apple Pen.
>>
>>3089960
do these tablets have their own OS, or do they just act as a sensitive display for your pc? As in, if I bought one of these, would I have to learn the art software that it comes with, or would it just be SAI like on my pc?
>>
File: IMG_20170821_151741.jpg (245KB, 867x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170821_151741.jpg
245KB, 867x758px
-Wacom 27QHD + expresskey remote connected to a desktop + Surface Keyboard + Razer Deathadder 3.5G
-Surface pro 4 i5, 2017 pen, type cover + Razer Orochi
>>
>>3107665
Nice tablets, now invest in better camera/phone
>>
What's a good tablet for someone who's just starting with drawing?
>>
>>3107851
the Huion Giano or Intuos Large
>>
>>3107665
>he had to mention his faggy deathadder
>>
>>3107940
5 years old mouse, still in great shape, your point?
>>
The X220t and a Wacom Bamboo Touch
>>
File: gt-191.jpg (23KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
gt-191.jpg
23KB, 355x355px
Anyone know anything about this? I'm considering the Huion people since they're so cheap. I have a wacom intuos pro small, which works perfectly, it's just really fucking small. The price difference between this and wacom is just really suspicious. This here is about $400.
>>
>>3087703
cintiq companion 2
Pros
>can bring it around without needing an outside power source like a laptop or computer
>can draw on a screen
>it's basically it's own computer n one too so transferring files is easy for posting

cons
>the stand that comes with it sucks (I found a good substitute for $2 though)
>typing on it is a pain (you can get a bluetooth keyboard on amazon for $5 tho)
>sometimes the programs make workspace really small and you either need to be comfortable working full screen or just deal with it (depends on the program)

The charge lasts a long time, I haven't experienced the "loud fan" issue at all (it's loud but no louder than a laptop so whatever?), the only problem i've had is that it's portability encourages a really bad posture in me when I draw

If I had another choice though? I'd go for a larger regular cintiq. I've tried different kinds of wacoms and different kinds of tablets (yiynova, huion, and one other i can't remember the name of) and hated all of them. They're good for beginners or those on a tight budget but if you have the money to spare like I did when I bought me, a cintiq is my favourite still.

My hope is the market gets more competitive and the prices go down so they're more affordable but i still have not personally found another brand I enjoy using.
>>
>>3099974

What kind of jerk buys birthday gifts for himself?
>>
>>3087703
If you don't have much money, a Wacom intuos draw is the best. If you have more money (300$) a Wacom Intuos Pro is the best to that price.
>>
>>3108389
>cintiq companion
>price not listed as a con

FUCK YOU RICHFAG, NOT ALL OF US WERE BORN INTO WEALTHY PAMPERED EXISTENCE FUCK DAMNIT FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
Would a Huion New 1060 Plus be a solid starting tablet? The one I used for Osu! died years back and I'm getting into drawing to compliment my writing down the road. Don't really want to invest in something too pricey since I only get a few hundred in my savings per month.
>>
>>3108530
Either
>doesn't get gifts from other people
>doesn't spend money on himself

Or both. Birthdays are an excuse to treat yourself a little better than usual. I bought a PC for my birthday
>>
File: 20170818_150152.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170818_150152.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I love it so much
>>
>>3107584
It's literally a monitor. Nothing more it just displays what is on your PC at the time like monitors do.
>>
File: 1498226527869.jpg (430KB, 1920x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1498226527869.jpg
430KB, 1920x1076px
Can I do artwork like like with an Intuos Pro?
>>
>>3108807
I bet you can do something like that with a bamboo. so yeah. once you get used to it, you can do stuff like that with any decent tablet
>>
File: 1498203186098.jpg (227KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498203186098.jpg
227KB, 1920x960px
>>3108869

That's good to hear. I'm a few years away from doing anything like that. But It's good to know the tablet I own can do those things if I was good enough.
>>
>>3108807
abso-fucking-lutely
>>
File: file.png (135KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
135KB, 500x475px
>>3087703
This and a ctl480
>>
File: 10393405_2.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10393405_2.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
Hey, I have pic related and I have some trouble with it
like the line is all wiggly and shit and pen pressure just doesn't work
do you know what I have to do?
I already downloaded all the drivers I could but it still doesn't work
If someone is kind enough to help, that would be pretty cool
>>
>>3109263
I have the same one, it's shit.
About the pressure sens., installing the drivers that came with the tablet did that for me, I think trying them instead of downloading another one might help.
>>
Is there a tablet that works well with overhand grip? I have a Huion tablet that is large enough, but it forces me to hold the pen like I am writing. Can't get used to it, especially because I still draw mostly traditionally with charcoal and newsprint.
>>
>>3109263
Jesus Christ, that artwork on the package.
>>
>>3108690
Australia, is that you?
>>
Is the cintiq pro 16 any good? I don't see much videos or artist reviews about it.

Also, I'm considering on getting the Surface Pro 2017 and I'm wondering what specs to get from it. i7 or i5, what ram size and storage size to get? I could get the Surface Pro 4 with the new Surface Pen but it won't get tilt from the new update coming up from what I've heard.
>>
Anyone know if the bamboo ink is compatible with a Samsung galaxy tab a 10.1 with s pen? The stock s pen is fine but would like something with more weight. Also to go with discussion, the hion q11k is pretty good. Way cheaper than a large intuos and still has a decent size to it.
>>
>>3089960
How big is it?
>>
Got an Intuos Pro, but I want to eventually afford an Ugee 19". If i'm gonna be drawing on a graphics tablet, then a big one is preferable since I've got such bad eyes.
>>
>>3111010
the bamboo ink is compatible with windows ink and wacoms driver. so i don't think it's compatible with samsung. I'm afraid you'll have to do with samsungs pen.
>>
>>3111195
Hows the staedtler spen? That was another option since my friend has it where he works but can't find where to get extra nibs. The negativity I see in the reviews is that its a one and done on the nib and the s pen nibs won't fit.
>>
>>3111220
honestly i don't know.
>>
>>3111187
you have the specs on the site stop being lazy
>>
>>3111010
go for galaxy tab s3's pen, Samsung's s pens are generation cross compatible.
>>
File: Wacom-Classic-Pen-02.jpg (136KB, 1000x457px) Image search: [Google]
Wacom-Classic-Pen-02.jpg
136KB, 1000x457px
Has anyone switched from a grip pen to a classic pen? Was the thinner barrel and lack of rubberized surface worth the $69.95?
>>
>>3089993
I have one.

If A4 is your ideal comfortable happy place for drawing, you'll love it. It's just big enough to be able to draw with your whole arm, just small enough not to take up an entire fucking desk.

If you prefer to draw big however, get something larger.
>>
>>3087703
Cintiq 13hd and some discontinued Wacom Bamboo
>>
File: 1500613720225.gif (343KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
1500613720225.gif
343KB, 500x351px
>>3095903
got the medium size, shits great.
>>
>>3110631
no
>>
File: DG7_9E-UwAAlKh9.jpg:large.jpg (401KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DG7_9E-UwAAlKh9.jpg:large.jpg
401KB, 2048x1536px
Does anyone know what tablet is in this picture? A manga artist I follow posted it.
>>
Huion H610 pro. Glad I got it instead of wacom intuos whatever avilable at the same price because the wacom is comically small.No problems yet, pen keeps the charge for 2 months and counting, drivers were easy to install, large enough to not give me carpal tunnel .
>>
File: RE1hvLr.jpg (28KB, 752x423px) Image search: [Google]
RE1hvLr.jpg
28KB, 752x423px
I got this meme machine as a gift since I needed a new tablet and laptop for college, but it's pretty decent. Can't record or stream with photoshop open and I can't use dual brush settings at all, but I can't complain
>>
>>3099957

Probably, USB cable crash.
>>
>>3089514

Only I have Bamboo too.
>>
>>3113839
I changed the cable long ago (the one bundled with the tablet barely worked after some time), and when the tablet stopped working I tried it with a newer one, and nothing changed.
>>
File: intuos2-a4-usb-tablet.jpg (16KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
intuos2-a4-usb-tablet.jpg
16KB, 600x400px
>>3087703

Intuos 2 A4

I'm actually amazed by it. It's about 15 years old and still works like day one. I haven't even changed the pen tip once and it's not flat or anything.

Also there is no reason to upgrade because anything after Intuos 2 was just gimmicks and exaggerated features. Nobody needs a gorrilion pressure levels.
>>
>>3113560
No one?
>>
File: adonit-pixel-stylus-01.jpg (35KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
adonit-pixel-stylus-01.jpg
35KB, 770x433px
I have the chance to pick up a really cheap iPad air ($100), and that Adonit Pixel stylus looks pretty good as far as I can tell, has anyone used it?

I'd only use it for sketching and doodling really, but I can't afford to waste money on shit tech.
>>
>>3113560
Cintiq Pro 16.
>>
>>3087703
Wacom Intuos 3 A5 Wide, bought in 2008. Got one of Wacom's new models (non-pro Intuos) couple years ago and it was horrible, the "paper like" surface got immediately scratched and pen tip was half way gone in a week, and I'm a filthy casual. Never had to replace a nib on Intuos 3 and the surface has no visible scratches. I don't get the paper surface gimmick, you can't make a paper surface on Cintiq that's supposed to be the more of a premium product and it works fine, so why force it on tablets when it's only a negative. Ugh. The next upgrade I do will be for a screen but that's not happening because I don't draw enough to justify one.
>>
>>3114218
>>3114845
Old school Wacom bros

I've used my pen like a madman at times and the pen tip is only very slightly rubbed off. Almost unnoticeable. Tablet doesn't have a single scratch. Works like a charm too. I think Wacom intentionally produced these volatile pen tips in the new tablets to sell more replacements.
>>
Cintiq Companion
>>
>>3091922
Does the q11k have tilt recognition?
>>
One can only dream the day when wacom's patents will expire and the day of affordable (electromagnetic) tablets with battery-less pens will surface.

Until then I'll keep using my affordable S Pen, thank you.
>>
>>3087703
Intuos4 medium, but one of the earlier versions of it that didn't have issues with wearing nibs
>>
>>3114845
I use Intuos 3 nibs for my newer tablet, only had to switch the nib once in 6 years. It scratched off the paper texture good and I don't miss it.
>>
>>3115361
they've been expired for like a decade you dumb fuck
christ I hate when people parrot dumb shit
>>
>>3115361
>One can only dream the day when wacom's patents will expire
They will renew it. Don't assume a world leading company to let their main cash cow die just like that.

Patents and copyrights just need to be slightly altered and renewed every decade or so. It's the reason why you get a 'remastered' or new 'best of' Beatles album every 10 years.
>>
>>3115385
:(, I haven't been here for quite a while so i haven't been totally up to date. Sorry for offending you.
>>3115388
Guess I'll just bite the bullet and buy a big on-screen tablet once I'll have the funds then, eyeing the Chinese ones.

I think that having a bigger drawing space will enable drawing with the arms instead of the wrist, reducing potential of RSI...?
>>
>Wacom
>$500+
>Huion
>$100
Uhh
Am I missing something here?
>>
>>3115977
It's like Apple vs. cheaper Android. Essentially the same thing but brand premium costs.
>>
File: firefox_2017-08-28_19-18-45.png (921KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-08-28_19-18-45.png
921KB, 990x660px
i got the xppen16 and they actually improved the product, i was watching a lot of old reviews (like 8-5 months) and they said it has bad color and a bad screen protector but when i got mine 3 weeks ago it had a new improved screen protector on it and the colors were actually right unlike i have seen in those old review videos.

the only two bad things i can say about it is that you can't lay it down flat cause it will wobble a bit and the other thing is the pen, personally i just don't like the rubber grip on the pen (my previous tablet was a wacom intuos draw which the pen was just complete plastic without rubber grip)

otherwise this tablet is just perfect, it has the least amount of parallax from all the other tablets i have watched reviews from (multiple huions, ugee, other xppens).

and if anyone is seriously bothered by a battery loaded pen then i don't know why you are bothered by it, you even get 2 pens even tho the pen battery once charged lasts for atleast 30 days on heavy daily use.

just love this tablet
>>
thinking of scooping a Huion tablet cause they are cheap af, what do you think of them ?
>>
>>3116025
Apple really focuses on media stuff. Macbooks have certain displays that show beautiful colors on a high resolution.
>>
File: 1498538019863.jpg (405KB, 1191x731px) Image search: [Google]
1498538019863.jpg
405KB, 1191x731px
yes or no?
link is too long, not gonna bother posting it
Huion Kamvas GT 191
>>
>>3116379
That's the Retina screen. They are nice.
>>
>>3116486
planning to get this one. it's really cheap because the pen is rechargeable and it doesn't have hotkeys. but i don't care about that
>>
>>3116498
looks great to me, unlike the older models, it's much more thinner.
>>
>>3116498
>cheap
>almost $500
Why this over an Intuit Pro? Same price.
Legitimate question.
>>
>>3116500
>comparing a tablet DISPLAY to a tablet without one
you done gone retarteded?
>>
>>3116500
I already have an intuos pro, i'm planning to get this as an upgrade, that's why.
>>
>>3116510
I don't know the difference.
>retarteded
>>
>>3116515
should've rephrased it, you made it sound like you didn't had one and was deciding on which of the two to buy
>>
>>3116486
This seems like a good choice.
Not too pricey, has a display.

But what are the advantages of display vs one without?
>>
>>3116551
>which of the two to buy
i didn't mention a second tablet anywhere.
>>
>>3116559
nevermind, getting my anons mixed up here.
>>
>>3116553
what kind of question is that? i think you can imagine the difference between drawing directly on a screen, and doing it separately. your precision is better, it's more comfortable, etc.
>>
>>3116568
the fact that the wacom one costs the same as the huion but is screenless is a testament to how ridiculously overpriced wacom tablets are
>>
>>3116611
Not at all. Wacom's shit is top tier for tablets. Their drivers may be shitty, but so are all drivers. They're at the top of the shit pile and have great build quality and accuracy when working.
>>
>>3101763
I'm right there with you. Same tablet, same program.

SAI isn't bad. A lot of people will tell you it is, but it's not. It's just outdated. I animate, and it's good for that. I'm upgrading my tablet ASAP, though, that one's not very good for linework but it'll do. I've got this thing in my nerve system that makes me do shaky lines, so maybe that's just me.
>>
>>3087703
cintiq27qhd ,bamboo fun, asus ep121
>>
>>3116486
>>3116498
Why get this one over the Huion GT 220? The 220 is 21inch vs 19inch and Full HD vs 1440x900.
>>
>>3116699
the gt-191 is a newer model that serves as a replacement to the gt-190. the 191 is full HD 1920x1080.

so, the only reason you'd get the 191 over the 220 is price.
>>
>>3116702
Oh I see, they are both Full HD now, thanks. So it seems like the 220 v2 seems to be better. The price difference is 110€, doesn't seem to be that big of a deal to me.
>>
File: 1501277912390.png (380KB, 1206x601px) Image search: [Google]
1501277912390.png
380KB, 1206x601px
>>3116706
yea, just checked it out, good price.
>>
>>3116707
Just saw there is even a new GT221 pro. Shit's complicated yo.
>>
I'm between jobs but was saving up for a tablet.

It'll be the first tablet I buy and I need it to last. I've saved up about $2,000 USD for a tablet and whatever software I'd need for digital painting and linework.

Seems like a Huion is a good choice but what about software?
>>
>>3117351
>have this kind of money
>want unreliable chinese product

Why are you doing this to yourself?
>>
>>3117354
Are they? People seem to be praising them in here.

Compared to Wacom products, their tablets with displays run $100's less.
I'm just trying to get the best bang for my buck because if I make a bad decision I wont be able to replace it any time soon.
>>
File: 1488847418223.jpg (452KB, 1218x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1488847418223.jpg
452KB, 1218x1280px
>>3117360
jeez, with that kind of money you can buy the best drawing tablet on the market. the 27 inch wacom.
but if you change your mind, you can always go for the cheaper huion tablet. totally up to you.
>>
>>3117360
Do you really want to gamble for $100?
Wacom's last a lifetime.

As for program, you can get Clip Studio Paint for $50. $25 when it's on sale.
>>
>>3117366
>Wacom's last a lifetime.
tell that to my 2 past broken tablets.
>>
>>3117364
>>3117366
>>3117383
This thread is really fucking with my head.
>>
>>3101763
I just saw this and wtf is
>Patented electromagnetic resonance method
?
why do we need this and why are is there a dot grid on the tablet?
It's supposed to work well with Clip Studio Paint, which i use, so i will probably buy it as well.
>>
>>3117457
>>Patented electromagnetic resonance method
thats what allows the pen to be battery-less

>why is there a dot grid
probably to give you an idea of where the active area is otherwise no real use since you're not going to be looking at the surface of the tablet anyway
>>
File: Screenshot_20170829-212136.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170829-212136.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Cintiq pro 13 and iPad pro 12.9 on the go.
>>
>>3117395
People buy huion stuff because they cant afford wacoms stuff its decent enough but their quality control is worse and there are some minor issues that might bother some people like the colors being worse in huion tables etc.

Just remember that you might be paying top dollars for something you might not stick with.
>>
>>3117351
if its your first tablet, do yourself a favor and get a cheap small one for under 100$ even a used one will do. why? you may decide that art or digital drawing is not for you. maybe not right away, but a few years down the line.
>>
>>3117504
couldn't he sell whatever tablet he bought even after a few years?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>3116486

I've had the gt-191 for about 2 weeks. Works better than you would expect it to for the price. Drivers are as good as wacoms just have different issues, not worse just different.

There is paralax but so do wacom dispays, I've used a no paralax ipad pro and honestly you barely even notice it after a week, colors are as good as any monitor I've used and I use a keyboard for shortcuts.

It's a cheap price but good quality display tablet , bare bones but not in any way that would affect most people. You are not going to get significantly better than this from wacom without spending 2-3 grand.

At this point I'd recommend even a cheap display tablets over the best intuos. More accurate, enjoyable and I truly feel like all the mistakes I make are my own at this point instead of being held back by the tablet.
>>
File: Ugee.png (321KB, 1011x520px) Image search: [Google]
Ugee.png
321KB, 1011x520px
Is this worth it? I'm a poorfag and can't afford cintiq, however I'd like one that has 1080 resolution.
>>
>>3117512
display tablets are not for everyone. i dont like seeing pen blocking my drawing, for example, and it's never been an issue with using a traditional pen or pencil for example.
>>
>>3117532
>I'm a poorfag and can't afford cintiq
that's pretty much what a 13HD cintiq costs though, bud.
>>
>>3087703
Huion gt220, got it for £220 over a year ago, drivers sucked dick on windows 7, windows 10 they are great, the v2 of the tablet just came out this year and its probably worth the money, how can anyone argue with a 22" tablet monitor for the price of a 10" non monitor tablet
>>
>>3117540
I'd rather have a bigger screen for work, does it affect too much?
>>
I think I'd like a screen tablet for better line control, but the colors are weaker or something? Why doesn't this seem to be a problem for anyone? Isn't this kind of a deal breaker when doing digital art?
>>
>>3117545
huion is good. but wacom is the industry standard. if you can afford a cintiq, get a cintiq.
>>
>>3117505
i guess, for like one third of the original price, at best. would it be worth it?
>>
>>3117550
if you think a screen tablet will fix your line control problem, you are in for a rude awakening. i mean i thought so too, until i tried it. keep in mind that you are drawing on glass, meaning your pen will glide like a knife on butter. at the same time you can't rest your hand on screen, further reducing control, unless you find a way to draw/paint without software UI. at the same time, your hand and pen will be blocking nearly all of your drawing, depending on where you draw and it wouldn't be a problem if you could easily rotate tablet in your hand, but seeing how bulky big ones are and with cable in the way, good luck. at the same time you will feel the heat and parallax.
it was not a pleasant experience for me, but some people get used to all that.
>>
>>3087703
Are you from Russia?
>>
>>3117536
> i dont like seeing pen blocking my drawing
do you not draw in real life on actual paper?
>>
File: 1496895569143.jpg (206KB, 944x908px) Image search: [Google]
1496895569143.jpg
206KB, 944x908px
>>3117570
>it wouldn't be a problem if you could easily rotate tablet in your hand
can't you just use the rotate feature that most modern programs have?
>>
>>3117570
fucking lol
>>
Best solid tablet with good price and performance balance? Money isn't an issue for me, but I'm not trying to get memed.
>>
>>3117970
the intuos pros, though you'd probably want to avoid the smallest one
>>
What software do you guys use? Is it worth getting a cracked photoshop to use on tablet?
>>
File: huionft220v2black.jpg (34KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
huionft220v2black.jpg
34KB, 350x350px
I recently got a Huion GT 220v2 for 550 euros, and it is awesome! Drawing line art is such a joy now whereas before when I had an Intuos 5 it was always a bit frustrating, probably because I couldn't draw from the shoulder as easily.
I haven't tried a cintiq but now I'm curious about how it differs from the huion, anyone here that has tried both?
>>
File: tb106.jpg (25KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
tb106.jpg
25KB, 450x450px
this piece of shit here

it works.
>>
>>3087703
>>3107631
I have a plasma tv

Is it a bad idea to use it for drawing, as in a danger of image retention, burned into the screen?
>>
Is anyone with the 2017 Intuos Pro (PTH-660) having issues with nib wear? I've read that they wear out really quick on the standard surface and I'm not sure if I should get this model or the older one.
>>
>>3118339
Your post made me really horny to buy it. I will resist for now, but nice try.
>>
>>3117512
This tablet confuses me. What are the reasons to buy this over the Huion 220v2 ? Not trying to poo poo your choice, I am just trying to understand.
>>
>>3092125
I bet you can't afford an ipad
>>
File: turcom.jpg (119KB, 1500x1050px) Image search: [Google]
turcom.jpg
119KB, 1500x1050px
turcom
It's exactly the same as the huion 610 but it has the turcom name stamped on it and it's a little cheaper. I've had it for a couple years and don't have any real complaints with it.
>>
>>3120516
not that anon, but the 191 is more flatter (relatively speaking). it doesn't have as massive of a piece of itself jutting out of the back
>>
File: lumpystool.jpg (70KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
lumpystool.jpg
70KB, 620x413px
I guess this is the perfect thread to ask this.

So I got a Surface Pro 3 and I absolutely hate it. Not only have I had to replace the thing once already, it recently got a crack while inside of a fucking Kevlar laptop case (this just happened after buying the new pen for the damn thing, which, by the way, doesn't support tilt). It just got out of warranty so the repair for the crack is like 600 dollars or some shit so I'm reasonably pissed.

I recently came upon a very strong desktop, and I think it's time to say goodbye to this thing.
Are there any good alternatives to a SP or just any good drawing tablets around the 600 dollar price range? The 13HD is still like 1000 dollars so I'm unsure if it's worth the cost. I wouldn't mind getting it to be completely honest with the tilt support etc, and then just take a sketchpad out or whatever.
>>
>>3120871
scroll up and you'll see people talking about the chinese brand huion. a screen tablet much MUCH more cheaper than cintiq tablets.
>>
>>3120899

Are those actually good? I always imagine they must be missing features like tilt and such/have worse screens? Also I meant the Pro 13 not 13HD, woops.
>>
>>3120904
this guy likes it favorably
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bAx9rugXsE

and he's a pretty legit animator with 1.8M subscribers
>>
>>3120941
fucking lol
you ain't linking jazza unironically right
I mean just turn off shitpost mode once to come clean on that
>>
>>3120947
>>>/v/
>>
>>3120948
come on dude don't be like that
the actual ignorant folks will think that you're actually recommending them to follow jazza's advice
just like, let them know that it's actually ironic advice and not real advice
>>
>>3120941

Hmm. Guess it can't be too bad. I'll have to check the review out later.
>>
>>3120952
Well, he has more credibility than an anon who keeps using the word ironic. Talk like an adult, if I wanted to hear stuff like this I'd go to /v/, /tv/, or /pol/.
>>
>>3120969
oh you're actually just a dumb mother fucker then lol
nevermind then carry on, blind leading the deaf and all that
>>
some gag huion shit

i used it to draw buff garfield and then never used it again
>>
>>3087703
Bought a bamboo, but i hated how much slower I was compared to pencil and paper. I'm hoping a cintiq will help make things feel more like regular drawing, but I'm worried the delay will still make it feel off. But then again drawing with normal tablet feels so unfun.
>>
>>3088833
Jealous? No. Not really. I have a 24HD Cintiq. And i could afford it.
>>
anyone have the new intuos pro tablet. im reading how nib wear is even worse in their newest model
>>
>>3121789
They are cheap as hell on Aliexpress.
>>
Please tell me what tablet I should get.

Beginning (serious) artist--drew a lot as a kid and through high school memelord, now grinding anatomy and making very fast progress partly because of this.

Never done digital before but it's about time.

I'm willing to spend several hundred dollars, a.) because making the serious investment is a way to motivate me and b.) because I think I'll actually pretty good within a year --as far as drawing people is concerned.

I've checked reviews and stuff but it's still kind of overwhelming and I don't know what I should go with really.

Anyway, I appreciate any advice.
>>
>>3122325
huion if you're cheap --> aliexpress
wacom if you're rich ---> amazon
>>
>>3122367
Is a Wacom Intuos Pro M size a good bet? It's looking like it.
>>
>>3122367
>aliexpress
>amazon
You know you get can tablets from their official websites, right?

>>3122418
Yes, intuos pro is actually perfect for your situation. it's most people's starter, but serious tablet.
>>
>>3122325
there are only 4 good choices at the moment for non wacom brands.

>less than $500
Huion Gt-191
Xp-Pen Artist 16
>$800 - $900
Xp-Pen Artist 22E
Huion Gt-221 Pro
>>
>>3087703
Are you from North Korea?
>>
>>3087706
It's people trolling to get information to screw people over with. It's like this forever here.
>>
>>3095440
I was thinking about getting a thinkpad yoga s1 with an i5 wondering if I will be able to use it for drawing
>>
>>3122511
>portable devices
>ever
nah
>>
intuos 4 large, home
intuos 4 mid, office

intuos 3 mid, gifted away
intuos 2 large, broken
graphire 3 small, ancient.

would probably trade my large for a mid size given the chance since I rarely do any lineart.
>>
i-i use a surface pro 4....
>>
>>3087703
Should i get a Cintiq Pro 13 or 13HD?
>>
I ordered a pre owned Inutos Pro the owner said he used like 3 times. It's the previous model. Medium size, $150. Hope I didn't get memed.
>>
>>3124570
>13" display
ugh, too damn small. that'll get annoying quick. just get a huion.
>>
>>3124570
get the bigger one, trust

the small one will cramp your hand and give u arthritis so fast. 22 inch minimum
>>
File: one-by-wacom-small-2-g.jpg (36KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
one-by-wacom-small-2-g.jpg
36KB, 960x640px
I have an one wacom medium because it was the only thing I could afford. Previously I owned a small bamboo pen, which I hate. The size of the one wacom medium is alright and I like how it feels. It's the only tablet I used besides that shitty bamboo pen, so I can't compare with Intuous or Cintiq. But I'm loving it so far.
>>
Would anyone recommend the package deal of the intous tablet + core Zbrush?
>>
Should I go for a replacement pen for my bamboo or just buy a new intuos?
>>
File: 31w+n-MSUuL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (11KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
31w+n-MSUuL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
11KB, 350x350px
ive had this for 3 years and use it heavily everyday

it was also my first tablet
>>
>>3124638
>>3124642
The drawing surface is as big as a plain old A4. It can't be that bad.
>>
UGEE M 1000L good size, responsive and get it for 42 dlls.
>>
Can I use this thread to ask what's the best drawing tablet I can buy for 150-200€ and where should I order it from?

I've never done any sort of digital drawing so I'm clueless about all this.
>>
>>3087703
A seriously damaged Wacom PTK 640 (Intuos 4 M). Seriously this shit is a lemon.
>>
File: 8f1vuI03r1ueh03io1_400.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
8f1vuI03r1ueh03io1_400.gif
1MB, 320x213px
Bamboo Pen and Touch

The real question is how the fuck do people manage drawing with their tablet on their lap or beside them?
>>
>>3101640
If you're good at something, never do it for free.
>>
Got a dell canvas. fucking hate it, parallax nightmare
>>
>>3126964
parallax as in you can only view in orientation right? (landscape/portrait) while the other orientation cannot be viewed with two eyes. Damn man, I was wondering what that term was. had this little emulator handheld that was played in landscape, but because it used an oldschool flipphone screen, it was meant to be used in portrait.
>>
>>3126964
Damn seriously? Guess I'll stick with my cintiq still.
>>
My Surface Pro 4 just started giving me the 'plugged in, not charging' issue. Anybody fixed this before?
>>
>>3124642
>>3124638
It's the size of an A4 paper, wtf?
>>
>>3124570
I think you should get the 16 pro. 13 inches are too small and 21 are too big. I have a cintiq 21ux and i don't use most of the screen.
>>
>>3127703
22hd seems like a better choice to me.
they're almost the same price but 22hd actually comes with a decent stand and has buttons.
you'd have to add an extra 100 dollars to have buttons on a remote for the 16pro
>>
>>3127703
For the 16pro i'd have to pick up a 700 loan. Doesn't sound like a good idea when I'm with the most jewish bank on earth.
>>
>>3127765
The 22hd is kind of old and the most recent one have fixed a lot of issues the other generations has. Also, you don't really need to buy the remote control, you can use your keyboard. The 22hd cost almost the same or more. And trust me, the area of the 16 pro is pretty much the same area you use when drawing in a bigger screen. Its basically the point of the 16 pro.
>>
>>3127634
do you enjoy drawing something at fullscreen with no interface available?
>>
>>3101763
I tried for 2 years (back when I didn't grind any fundies or even know this place) to get used to my bamboo. I really tried but I would sperg out every line and staring at the screen so intensively would hurt my eyes after a few hours. Got a cintiq and sold that shit to a friend.
My workflow has improved immensely since and while I'm still shit I can draw digitally without screaming in pain
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.