[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one portray lips without fucking them up? One common

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: kissing-lips-hi.png (22KB, 600x392px) Image search: [Google]
kissing-lips-hi.png
22KB, 600x392px
How does one portray lips without fucking them up?

One common thing that I'd consider a mistake is using actual lines without reservation instead of just changing the color to depict the lips themselves (google "cartoon lips" and you'll see what I'm talking about), but that's pretty much all I got.

Discuss and post sexy 2D lips in this ITT thread
>>
>>3087512
Just dont draw then
t. Anime fag
>>
>>3087512
do studies

/board
>>
>>3087534
Anime girls can have qt lips tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlggqIPKZN4

regards, my first anime waifu
>>
>>3087561
You must be fun at parties shake my head tee bee honest
>>
File: it was clipart tier.jpg (141KB, 1165x538px) Image search: [Google]
it was clipart tier.jpg
141KB, 1165x538px
I...tried...
>>
>>3088078
that's good
i'd put my penos in those lips
>>
File: lips construction.jpg (41KB, 494x327px) Image search: [Google]
lips construction.jpg
41KB, 494x327px
I tried too, but I already see some mistakes.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (20KB, 424x350px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
20KB, 424x350px
>>3088078
Changed the colors a bit and added a little more details. Trying to keep it simple but "studying" nonetheless.
>>
>>3088146
Dude your values are all wrong, and that's like the most important thing.
>>
>>3087512
Make the top lip darker than the bottom
>>
1. Don't start with a white background (because you will do some highlighting on the skin).
2. Fill in the shape of the lips.
3. Draw the inner outline of the lips in a darker color (it's darker as the lips curve into the inside of the mouth).
4. Darken the corners of the lips (always cast in shadow since they recede into the face).
5. Darkened the upper lip slightly (since it slopes inwards, it's cast in shadow).
6. Highlight the bottom lip to show plumpness (the more plump, the more light it'll catch since it sticks outwards).
7. Highlight the cupid's bow (since the skin here juts out the most).
8. Darken the skin between lower lip and chin (this depends on how plump the lower lip is as well as the shape of the chin).
9. Change the shape, size and which areas you highlight/shade to experiment. Add moles or freckles or dimples to taste. Also test out blending different edges to achieve a more hombre lip/lipstain/lip tint.
>>
File: df.png (9KB, 738x387px) Image search: [Google]
df.png
9KB, 738x387px
>nobody posted vilppu's bird on the egg analogy

for shame /ic/
>>
File: IMG_4830.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4830.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>3087512
look at real lips
>>
>>3088205
Why don't YOU look at real lips, nigga? Huh? HUH!?
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (32KB, 643x499px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
32KB, 643x499px
I will bump this, f.a.m.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (34KB, 643x499px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
34KB, 643x499px
>>3089530
>I forgot to repair the highlight there

JUST

well, back to the drawing board
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.