[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do they teach drawing in those russian fine art schools?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: sergiy-kasianchuk-nrqjgosvczo.jpg (79KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sergiy-kasianchuk-nrqjgosvczo.jpg
79KB, 768x1024px
How do they teach drawing in those russian fine art schools? Everytime I see an artist who's russian or chinese, he is pretty much trained the same way.

Pic rel is an example
>>
>>
all different artists obviously
>>
>>3087285
FUNDAMENTALS
They both teach heavy construction, the Chinese do a ton of cast drawings while the russians probably do more life drawing early on.
The chinese drawing books are pretty much ripped off from loomis and bridgman, lots of anatomy etc.. you get the picture
>>
>>3087285
Unironically, patiently. You get a year just doing copies of cast and nothing else. After that it moves on to oil and stuff, but first year is important. It's like some old master training routine. Any normal person would give up out of impatience. There's also the guarantee that you'll improve because you can trust the mentor teaching you unlike if you did it self-taught.
>>
>>3087306
this too, learning under actual master tier teacher makes a world of difference
>>
>>
>>
>>3087285
Russian > Chinese

The Russian's work have way more soul
>>
>>3087318
agreed but some chinese do tickle my pickle
>>
>>3087285
I don't know how many of those guys are taught in traditional ways. Some are, sure, but I think a lot of them learn on their own or through online classes. They just look up to the same few digital painters so copy their styles. There's nothing too special about the technique, just has to do with lots of lost edges and careful drawing, and working from a middle value outwards but not reaching the extremes on either side of the scale.
>>
>>
bump you useless niggers
>>
>>3087327
Is that in Chink's defense or something?
'cause after seeing this level of work >>3087315, it looks like a cartoon mess.
>>
File: 1501928129082.png (511KB, 960x895px) Image search: [Google]
1501928129082.png
511KB, 960x895px
>>3087928
Only if you've never seen an animal before. The row of spikes along the back is paper thin and unrealistic and the wing is missing. Also, the pose in all of these artworks in this thread is extremely lazy.
>>
>>3087947
*are
>>
>>3087947
Naw man, who am I to tell the guy whether his imaginary creature can or can't have a missing wing or spikes based on fish rather than a lizard.
It's rendering and handling of texture we're talking about - and that is miles better on the dragon than it is on the cat thingy.
>>
>>3087947

Iguanas have thin flappy skin spikes, this could be something similar. Not sure how a feature on a fantasy creature is "unrealistic"
>>
>>3087285
they teach them in russian.
>>
>>3087285
Дpoчи кyбы.
>>
>>3087951
I believe they're handled differently. Cat thing was sculpted in z brush then painted over. Dragon thing is probably an adlib paint.
>>
>>3087961
>Cat thing was sculpted in z brush then painted over
what makes you say that?
>>
Cool shitposting thread
>>
>>3087981
If you've watched that meme artist's (something rapoza) ogre videos on how he painted an ogre from scratch, there are a bunch of artists complaining in his youtube comments section that zbrush would have taken less time and achieved the same effect. I've never picked up a 3D program in my life, but I'm beginning to see how they would be useful, I looked at 3 professional conceptart.org sketchbooks today and all of them were paintovers. What doesn't support this: pose might be too bland for something sculpted first.
>>
>>3088002
i'm not criticizing the technique or saying that people don't use it, but I see nothing in that image that would say that there's any 3d involved
>>
>>3088002
>all good drawings are zbrush paintovers!
It's not like I expecting something more from anon who use "meme artist" phrase
>>
>>3087958
Ho этo жe пиздeц кaк cкyчнo.
>>
>>3087928
It's funny, because both were made by the same guy
>>
>>3088002
I don't see how that would be faster, wouldn't it be like drawing the same thing twice.

For something like a complex, technical machine, yeah 3D would probably be faster if you're going tor some kind of accuracy.
>>
>>3087287
Babyhands.jpg
>>
>>3087285
>How do they teach drawing in those russian fine art schools?

There should be a link in the Artbooks thread
to
> Fundamentals of Dawing by Mogilevtsev
It'll give you a fair idea of what they teach there.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.