[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ic love clasical art >meanwhile in the real world

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: europe lmao.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
europe lmao.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>ic love clasical art
>meanwhile in the real world
>>
File: 1474294869388.png (118KB, 672x351px) Image search: [Google]
1474294869388.png
118KB, 672x351px
>ic love classical art
What? /ic/ only loves anime.
>>
>>3087158
they prolly needed room for a new mosque.
>>
>>3087158
welp that's what atheism gets you
>>
File: TheOnlyGoodChurch.jpg (69KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
TheOnlyGoodChurch.jpg
69KB, 700x525px
>>3087158
>classical art

This gothic aberration isn't even uglier once it's down, they could built some modern squared Mosquee on top of it and it would still be an improvement. Give me Romanesque Churches or give me nothing.

> First it's pointed arches, then it's Anime and everyone fucking animals everywhere
>>
>>3087158

Looks like result of feminism and leftism.
>>
>>3087210
Who did this?
>>
File: 852.jpg (56KB, 680x817px) Image search: [Google]
852.jpg
56KB, 680x817px
>>3087158
people don't give a shit. i've heard people parrot the "whites have no culture" meme irl.
>>
>>3087247
they don't, or it'd be more accurate to say they don't have any ethnic identity
>>
>>3087249
Too busy creating civilization.
>>
>>3087259
8,000 years late to the party
>see all this stuff we copied from you? we invented it
white people amirite
>>
>>3087158
It probably became too costly to maintain. If anything, you should blame the property owner
>>
>>3087273
According to a report of the French senate, 2800 churches across the country, many of them centuries old, will be demolished as restoration costs exceed the cost of demolitions over the next years. This church, Église Saint-Jacques d'Abbeville, a Neo-Gothic masterpiece in Abbeville, Nord-Pas-de-Calais-Picardie dating back to 1868, was demolished for a total cost of 350,000€ in 2013. The reasoning: It was much cheaper to demolish it than it would cost to restore.

As the number of Frenchmen in France continues to decline due to record-low birth rates, high emigration and Muslim immigration, so do the members of catholic faith, who are now at an all time low. For many cities in France, especially cities in which Christians are the minority, the lack of interest and high property value on which the buildings stand simply does not justify the cost of restoring the churches. Many mayors choose the cheaper demolitions over costly restorations. Thousands of churches are to be demolished over the next years and replaced with shopping malls, stores, apartments or parking lots.

Mosques on the other hand, flourish. The Grand Mosque of Paris recently got a modern, fully retractable Roof, as it is usually only found in football stadiums and hundreds of new Mosques are built every year for the hundreds of thousands of new Muslims born or immigrating into French society, often with taxpayer money.
>>
>>3087274
so it's not even a gothic church, just some rip off, i would have torn it down too

the muslim angle is a bunch of bullshit, where did you get that copypasta dw or stormfront
>>
>>3087274
i mean that's just money. gotta do what you gotta do. If nobody's going to churches, but tons of people are going to mosques, you build mosques. The local church in my town could afford renovations because they got donations to do so. Same with mosques. Attendance means donations means renovations.

I can't speak on the costs of maintaining things of historical significance but I'm from New England and every other house was some historic house from the 1800's, and every once in a while they would want to knock one down, and there would be some big to do about it being important, and either it would get knocked down, or they would have to find some creative way to keep it up like rent it out to people, or raise money to update it so it doesn't just collapse. I'm sure it's the same with all this old stuff in Europe. Either they raise the money, repurpose, or it's gotta be knocked down.
>>
>>3087284
say what you will about muslims, they actually use their churches. whens the last time any christian reading this went to mass.
>>
>>3087293
>Europe
>Christian

Pick one. If anything, most of the Christians still there are "culturally Christian," only Christian in name alone.
>>
>>3087304
too /pol/ for me, sorry. i don't understand half the geopolitical religious bullshit you guys say.

are churches not for christians now?
>>
>>3087158
>>>/his/
>>>/pol/

You don't care about art, you just want to complain about Muslims and leftist
>>
>>3087308
>are churches not for christians now?
if that wasn't the right question how about
"Are people in Europe not christian now?"

whatever i don't really care what Europeans do with their shithole continent
>>
File: 9781833021_e5d747acd6_b.jpg (545KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
9781833021_e5d747acd6_b.jpg
545KB, 1024x680px
>>3087293
Was at mass last Sunday. Going to my godson's baptism this Sunday.

I'm not on board with the anti-Muslim sentiment in the article. I just get sad when these beautiful churches get torn down because no one's using them anymore
>>
>>3087311
These sentences dont make sense, there are tons of christians here, but christians only in confession and they dont really visit the church anymore or practice their believes really much because church is so fucking outdated, its for the old and really really faithful ones.
Why rephrase it? Christians dont use their churches and most are turning atheist or agnostic or dont care. Muslims use their mosques.
>>
File: 1498658181337.jpg (77KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1498658181337.jpg
77KB, 300x360px
>>3087311
Love it when outsiders want to tell europeans something about their countries they dont know. Keep it to your own if you really dont care about the "shithole" that is europe
>>
>>3087158
>western architecture

>Art

if it were a mosque or pyramid temple i would be upset.
>>
>>3087265
the word you're looking for is "innovated".
>>
>>3087365
That's some next level bait.
>>
>>3087348
>Muslims use their mosques.
I think they should be the ones paying for them, rather than the atheists
>>
>>3087284
>If nobody's going to churches, but tons of people are going to mosques, you build mosques
the flaw in your logic here is that muslims aren't actually people
>>
>>3088042
>I think they should be the ones paying for them, rather than the atheists
But they are? Mosques can't be publicly funded, in France at least.
>>
>>3088169
this
>>
>>3087158
I'm getting PTSD watching this. My house was demolished like this
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.