[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Straight talk

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1501763271434.jpg (387KB, 1200x1530px) Image search: [Google]
1501763271434.jpg
387KB, 1200x1530px
I've been trying to be able to draw like pic related for 2 years now and im getting nowhere by learning anatomy, gesture etc, all of these only make my art looks like tumblr trash.
Please tell me there is a video tutorial or mentorship program on how achieve this level.

Please /ic/, you've disappointed me so much I just want to draw anime.
>>
File: 1500120230486.jpg (34KB, 480x339px) Image search: [Google]
1500120230486.jpg
34KB, 480x339px
>>3085236
I've been in the same boat OP. What I learned is you'll only get gud at whatever you practice - if you only draw gesture, anatomy, and so on, your skill won't automatically translate to anime. Start studying artists you like, break down their work into shape, volume, proportion and draw that while consciously think about this information. Ask yourself questions like 'how many eyes height/width is this face', 'what angle is the jaw', 'how does a real female leg differ from a stylized one'
>>
>>3085236
anime has different proportions. try tracing different styles and seeing the common rations between then. also post some art so we can see how close you are.

use palmie.jp for good anime tutorials.
>>
>>3085236
have you tried actually drawing anime every now and then?
>>
>>3085236

The only thing I can tell you is to copy illustrations of artists and try to memorize what goes where.

Get out of your comfort zone, though, draw things you consider difficult, and correct your mistakes. If you don't, you'll waste years without progress.

And think of anatomy and perspective to learn to draw from the imagination.
>>
>>3085236
some people are just too stupid to be able to learn stuff without personal mentorship. I guess you are one of them.
art is not for everyone, anon. The sooner you'll understand this, the better it'll be for you.
>>
>>3085236

The only thing anime about anime is the facial structure and hair aside from chibification. All the rest isn't hidden knowledge. >>3085272
essentially stole what I was going to say and is the best answer you'll get.
>>
>>3085324
some people are too retarded to give critiques and acts like a dumbass on the internet. I guess you're one of them.
kill yourself
>>
>>3085236
>learning anatomy, gesture, etc., all of these only make my art looks like tumblr trash.
That sounds very much like a you problem. You're shit at the fundies still so your art turns out like shit, what a surprise. Don't blame /ic/ because you've been unable to get a grasp of the basics before trying to tackle stylization
>>
>>3085333
If you can't make a coherent sentence you shouldn't try calling people dumb over the internet.
>>
>>3085324
you have no idea what you're talking about. this is just an excuse made by retards who are too lazy to learn something. this is also used by those who want to convince themselves that they have "special talent" since obviously some people are too "stupid" to learn this by themselves

shut up and die, retard
>>
>>3085236
>getting nowhere by learning anatomy, gesture
Have you tryied doing still life drawings?

>all of these only make my art looks like tumblr trash
Have you tried applying what you learned? maybe try to draw your OP image and try to see what youre doing right and wrong?
>>
>>3085236
Post your work
>>
>>3085272

Not sure if this guy is legit or not, or just pretending to be the artist, but >>3077217 claims he draws loomis and his stuff is actually really good. I totally agree with the fact that you get good at what you draw a lot of. I used to be an idiot and thought drawing realism would help with my anime drawings, but I eventually learned they have no connection at all. Do you also recommend doing studies of anime artists that you like? I feel like I sometimes fall into the rut of drawing the same thing over and over again. Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but I've been drawing for a couple of years trying to draw anime and it's been really rough for me... Some days are shit some days or bearable, and other days you feel content. It feels like a constant back and forth struggle if you know what I mean..

You also seem to know a lot about this art dilemna thing that has to do with anime, so would you mind being an art friend??
>>
>>3085236
It would help if you post your work, that way we have an idea of where you're at and what direction you should take.
>>
>>3085236
I love when "b-b-but I've been practicing for 2 years!" fags get blackpilled.
>>
>>3085236
you just have to do it for longer
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.