[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jobs & Art Study

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

I don't need a job right now, but I feel like shit because I don't have one. What entry level jobs accommodate art study? I was thinking a graveyard shift nightguard, but are there any others? Please, post your own experiences and opinions!
>>
>>3083816
Graveyard shift most things. Anything work at home if you can. I write federal government tender (lol) for an employment services company and I have a lot of free time. Doesn't sound like entry level but I got picked up by the company right out of HS. Craze is kinda over but I convinced my disabled mother to flip fidget spinners from asian wholesale sites on facebook. Low effort work for some okay reward. Delivering newspapers and catelogues (at least around my area) is a pretty chill job and gets you outdoors so there's a lot of opportunity for some side cash and drawing there. Babysitting too, a lot of kids like drawing and are happy to do it with you. Petsitting also if you live in an area that can support it.

Less ideal but jobs with low hours in general might also work if you're desperate. My brother is a cleaner and he only works like 10 hours a week. Lots of retail outlets take casuals but they generally lean toward giving more work to adults so the short easy shifts can go to kids.

Ask around anon, there's lots of jobs that don't get advertised that might work for you. Alternatively you could get into volunteering - no money but it gives you something to do and potentially some networking and references for your resume if you need them.
>>
>>3083853
Where would you look to find these jobs? Newspaper? On craigslist? Or do you basically just have to scour and ask around town until you get a lead?
>>
>>3084034
Got mine from going to one of those resume review/interview training things that are aimed at the unemployed. The guy running it loooked at mine and asked me if I was interested in the opportunity (yes pls $30+/hr entry level). Did an unpaid test write and then I was in.

Newspaper and craigslist are fine (I think? I'm australian. Craigslist here is for drugs). Family and friends are good. If you feel comfortable walking into a store and asking for a manager to speak with to hand your resume that's great too. It sounds stupid and braggy to say but honesty all the best things that have happen to me have sorta just happened - I was in the right place at the right time. I volunteer teaching non-english background kids basic literacy and numeracy and one of the tutors there offered me paid work. I think it's really about knowing the right people anon, because most people apply online and it's really hard to get noticed like that.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.