[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone ID source of reference?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1500x500.jpg (78KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500x500.jpg
78KB, 1500x500px
>>
Looks like something by Brad Rigney.
>>
>>3082408
>>>/wsr/
>>
Cryptcrawler is beyond skilled. Probably had a few different smaller refs open as guidance, but essentially created this fresh.
>>
>>3082445
Nope. He's photobashing 24/7 these days, and been doing that for years.

He dropped the painting approach shown in that Massive Black tutorial video a long time ago.
>>
>>3082427
>awler is beyond skilled. Probably had a few different smaller refs open as guidance, but essentially created this fresh
Thanks man sorry. I had no idea this existed.
>>
>>3082464
Do u think he shoots his own reference? I've never seen a basher blend stuff so well. He is deff better than Maciej and I like Maciej.
>>
>>3082603
>He is deff better than Maciej and I like Maciej.

That's because he could paint all of this from imagination, and he'd still be working like that if it weren't for the shitty pay in the industry. Working 100+ hours on a single illustration is not economical and he was more or less forced to start working with photobashing techniques.
>>
>>3082603
>I've never seen a basher blend stuff so well.

well his work always looked bashed even when he was painting from scratch.
To him, it's probably more like collaging different paintings together.
>>
>>3082445

You're really bad if you can't tell this stuff is all bashed. This one looks atrocious and is nothing like what he used to do.
>>
>>3082631
Do you have a citation for that claim?
>>
>>3082651
Watch his massive black tutorial videos and see for yourself.
>>
>>3082640
As others have said his worked looked bashed even before he started doing it. He's a fan of low budget horror flicks so I think he was drawn to creating stuff that feels fake.
>>
>>3082689

Nah, his past works didn't looked like that or photobashed, just "overrendered".
>>
This was made for dave rapoza. It's a version of Dave's character, "Steven Lichman".

you're seriously all a bunch of fucking retards.
>>
>>3082700
Stop being such a fanboy and grow up, holy shit.
>>
File: SOURCE.jpg (677KB, 1124x826px) Image search: [Google]
SOURCE.jpg
677KB, 1124x826px
>>3082408

Brad Rigney. Lichman is holding the real volume 1 of his adventures.
>>
File: AYZcXTm.jpg (73KB, 800x516px) Image search: [Google]
AYZcXTm.jpg
73KB, 800x516px
>>3082774
Lmao. I like how Rapoza can do what looks like a 15 min sketch that's 10 times more appealing and interesting than this polished photobashed piece of turd that probably took 30+ hours to mash together.
>>
>>3082603
>Do u think he shoots his own reference? I've never seen a basher blend stuff so well.

No idea. His stuff always looked pretty bad to me, literally rendered to death, and ever since he switched to photobashing it just went to downright garbage.
>>
>>3082758
he delivered sauce. he gets to call you whatever the fuck he wants.

such is the rules on this neanderthal shit smearing forum.
>>
>>3082785
Rapoza isn't a bad artist but that's not a good example to illustrate your point...
>>
>>3082633
>well his work always looked bashed even when he was painting from scratch.
>To him, it's probably more like collaging different paintings together.
Making an utterly stupid and bs claim like that shouldn't be aloud unless you find an example.
Innocent until proven guilty, and saying you can clearly tell isn't enough because if you could u should be able to find at least one painting out of all of them with a correlation.
>>
>>3082633
well photobashing is collage, the only reason it's called photobashing is they wanted to be cool like the fx guys and their kitbashing, and to not have everyone immediately associate their work with that lame thing you do with glue and magazines in art class
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.