[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You hate drawing You claim not to have talent Why are you so

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: nesskaingay.jpg (196KB, 1000x1417px) Image search: [Google]
nesskaingay.jpg
196KB, 1000x1417px
You hate drawing
You claim not to have talent
Why are you so obsessed with becoming an artist?
>>
I don't think most of us hate drawing, in fact I think many of us quite enjoy it. It's moreso just seeing the faults in our own drawings and feeling upset with that more than anything else.

Anyone who strives to be good at something can have talent, how much of it you have is in the eye of the beholder.

And I don't think most of us are obsessed, but we just like to get better at something we enjoy, cause man is it satisfying to look back on something you made and feel good about it.
>>
>>3080544
people just want the fame.

>americans

fame is all they care about.
>>
I'm a masochist
>>
>>3080544
Don't hate drawing, just the years of constant failure after failure. It's hard to put pencil to paper when you know that paper is going to end up in the trash bit in a few hours.

I honestly just want to tell stories and entertain people in the same way I enjoyed other peoples stuff when I was younger. I just like doing it through a visual medium.
>>
my soul cries for it
>>
>>3080544
People wanna put the ideas they have in their head that words can't quite capture into a visual medium.
>>
as a kid i bit into it, and i have never loosened my bite since.

that analogy was sponsored by my worsening TMJ.
>>
I love drawing
I am talented
I am going to make it
>>
>>3080864
Thank you anon
>>
I need something to present for when I mock someone's art and am asked for work of my own
>>
I love drawing, I don't love failing. But I do it every day, regardless of what comes of it.
>>
I love drawing
But I just want to draw anime grils
Why am I so obsessed with grinding fundamentals
>>
>>3080669
same
>>
an urge to communicate coupled with mental illness / an ability to understand angles and shapes better then words / lack of other life skills
>>
>>3080544
i'm using gains as an excuse to not work on personal projects i actually care about
because i'm too afraid of failing at something that actually matters to me.

does anyone have advice from saving me from this hell.

Is the only way to get past this to just do it.
>>
every year I peak and regress back to utter beginner

it's like I have 2 split personalities that one lies dormant on the half of the year

while my other half wants to quit but my brain cannot and won't allow it so I stagnate for months, improve, regress and restart

I want out
>>
File: talent.jpg (252KB, 1065x423px) Image search: [Google]
talent.jpg
252KB, 1065x423px
>becoming an artist

I do draw,I do create art. I'm an artist.
>>
I did poorly in school and have no other hobbies or talents

No matter how bad I am at making art, I am worse at everything else
>>
File: 1501434668698.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1501434668698.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>3080544
because I want to create art
>>
>>3080544
I'm poor and can't commission art.
I have ideas of shit I want to see.
I want to prove Catherine from high school wrong.

So, need and spite I guess.
>>
>>3080544
Creating is good for the soul
>>
>>3080544
art is about understanding form, function, design, structure, balance, light, value, context, control, technique, and so much more. drawing is about drawing. drawing and utilizes all those aspects, but so do many other art forms, and quality drawing is not necessary for success in creating art in those other ways.

as far as not claiming to have talent, that's going to permeate a person in any field they choose. don't blame the target for getting in the way of the bullet
>>
>>3085850
truly, we are one
>>
File: 1493338535635 (2).png (113KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1493338535635 (2).png
113KB, 500x625px
>>3080544
>You hate drawing
Please don't remind me.

>You claim not to have talent
I am an absolute neophyte who never practices; yeah, I have neither talent nor motivation.

>Why are you so obsessed with becoming an artist?
I don't know. I decided it randomly. I don't know what the fuck I'm even doing in life. I lie to myself and other people about being an artist because I'm scared of life in general.

inb4 I'm called a lazy self-hating faggot. I'm already aware of that, and it makes me even more of a lazy, self-hating faggot
>>
>>3086210
take it easy senpai, just consume media and inspiration will come again
>>
>>3086210
You're a lazy self-hating faggot
>>
People want to be artist characters, not artists. They want to have their flaws written off as quirks or eccentricities by people who are in awe of them. They want to be asked for wisdom, and be able to tell people to fuck off without losing their followings. They want to be spoken of as passionate geniuses who sink their teeth into the fruit of life and let the juice run freely down their chin. They want to see and be seen. They don't actually recognize the work that goes into art at all, and won't give credit to the work ethic of people who succeeded at it.

>Errbody wants to be an artist, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass paints
>>
I'm obsessed with looking AT art.... and that evolved into wanting to CREATE art. But I suck and everything turns out ugly.

I just want to make pretty things for my own enjoyment :(
>>
I just want to be the best I possible can be. which has no limits :)
>>
File: 70.png (679KB, 654x999px) Image search: [Google]
70.png
679KB, 654x999px
>>3082629
didn't want to have to say this anon but

just fail, i mean that sincerely
when you break that barrier you realize
oh that wasn't too bad
then work on the next project and go "last project failed cause of X so i will just improve that"

there are so many artists failing all the time every day throughout the world every year,
the smart artists just see how they can improve from these events

happy accidents/failures are a thing
you might accidentally fuck up with colours but then next week go "dam those are actually nice, i just need to refine them"

there is also always that great feeling of
i actually made something that is a part of me

humility, learn to laugh at older/failed work
nothings more fun than to see an artist dig up old work, laugh with a shit eating grin and drop "do i have a story to tell about this"

also pic artist is 9dots
>>
>>3080544
I don't care that much for becoming an artist i just like drawing.
>>
>>3080544
All the money and pussy you get when you sell your shit for milliens
>>
>>3081712
Literally me
>>
>>3086514
Consuming media is all I do. I ain't got no inspiration. Honestly, I'll probably give up even thinking about art in a few years.

>>3086933
Thanks. I don't like being reminded, but it's not the *worst* feeling in the world.
>>
>>3080550
>I think many of us quite enjoy it. It's moreso just seeing the faults in our own drawings and feeling upset with that more than anything else.

Yeah it's not that we hate drawing, it's the faults we see in our art. It's like looking in the mirror and seeing a fat fuck with a mouthbreather jaw, whether it's true or not. I'd say a lot of us have "artistic anorexia" that forces us to keep working out, deprive ourselves of treats or fun stuff, and keep grinding.
>>
>>3080544
Because I want the glory that comes with seeing my ideas through.

I want to draw. I want to make music. I want to write. I want to inspire people to do what I can't. I want a piece of every pie and all the awe and attention that comes with it.

I have a document that's over 100 pages long with the ideas I want to see through. But I'll never have the time or motivation to make each one a reality. Even if I quit my job and ground myself into dirt, I'll still keep getting more and more and more and more and more ideas and I'll never be able to make them all at the level I want to.

My art sucks. My music sucks. The only reason I'm good at writing is because I've been RPing and writing fanfics on-and-off for almost a decade and a half. And yet I can barely will myself to pick up a pencil and draw a fucking box.

But I'm too stubborn to trust anyone else with my ideas. Another artist will never be able to convey things exactly as I want. I'm too anal and pedantic to ever have a long-term working relationship with an artist. I refuse to just be the writer.

I want to kill myself too. But I can't do that until all my ideas are done. But I'll never get them all done. So I'll just die old and alone with no friends and a body of work that never caught on because I couldn't discipline myself into getting good-enough to convey my exact thoughts.

I'm worthless, useless, and that's all I'll ever be. But that doesn't mean my work has to be.
>>
File: 1500157276776.jpg (528KB, 692x841px) Image search: [Google]
1500157276776.jpg
528KB, 692x841px
>>3080544
Because i have no purpose and my life sucks, everyday that passes is another wasted day.
>>
it all started when i watched a friend of mine drew some shitty anime character i was so amazed by it; the ability to create images from your mind that inspired me when i was a kid.

i was never really good at anything but what i noticed back then was i frequently drew at the back of my notebooks when i was bored i took it to myself that i should take this "drawing thing" seriously. right now im studying books and learning the fundamentals
>>
>>3080544
You forgot the throbbing dick, OP. What the fuck.
>>
>>3080544
>You hate drawing
>You claim not to have talent
>Why are you so obsessed with becoming an artist?
It's tough to become a skilled artist and because of that fact it really impresses the normies. It's all about feeling special, really. That's why even people with no real innate talent will still grind for years, never improving, just so they can have something that makes them stand out and makes them part of an exclusive club.
>>
Because when I want something I fucking get it, whether it takes me a day or a couple of years. I usually get mad at myself when I see my drawings because they are far from being perfect so I try even harder next time.
>>
C'mon guys, too shy to answer? Don't be so humble, silly!
"Because everyone's watching!" -(you) right?

It's just your stubborn and childish ego. Like those boomer-hipsters I see everyday on social media. Nothing is different.
Don't be too fixated with your shitty artwork and your daily dose of 5 cups Dunning-Kruger syrup.
>It's never too late, don't judge
Until you're old and can't find a fucking career. What a visionary!
Okay, (at most) no one will believe what I said or will say anyway since all narcissists tend to reject any form of suggestion and that is the hard TRUTH. Dunning-Kruger energy is unreal!
>What the fuck are you talking about? life is short so blehbleh don't JUDGE and i iz gon' do whateva I want be4 the sweet release of death!
Magnificent! Feed me more of your fear COWARD. I'm so hungry for money!
CONSUME!
Fucking shit normies.
CONSUME!
Fucking shit failed normies
CONSUME!
Fucking shit boomers.

DESTROY EVERYTHING AND LIVE, FUCKING WALKING DISASTER TRASH.
YOU PIECE OF SHIT MONSTER, GET SWALLOWED BY THE EARTH!
>>
>>3090786
Kek. Posts like this is why I come to 4chan
>>
they just want to feel special
>>
Because yesterday my mom walked into my room and hugged me, i was shocked at first but later she told me to not give up on myself. So I won't give up.
>>
>>3087151
Failures is your best friend as an artist, the faster you get used to it the better. Every work you have done is a failure that will make your skill improve.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.