[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time Investment

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Perhaps many of you feel the same as me, I make time to practice art and then feel a bit lost. I think for me a big part of that is knowing there are many skills to learn and how much time I should be giving to any one particular skill. Very interested in learning more about how you guys use your time.

If my question doesn't seem clear I'll blog post for a moment: I felt like I haven't been doing my due diligence in head construction, so I've been grinding Loomis for the past 4 days, just drawing heads both from my imagination and with a figurine for help. It's not that I'm getting burnt out, in fact, I feel more confident about drawing heads as the days go by, but I'm left wondering if I should be diversifying my practice more. The areas I personally would most like to improve are figure/gesture, specific anatomy, and perspective. I just haven't really consciously thought about how to budget my time to effectively make gains in all areas.

So that's where you come in: Do you cycle between practices daily, or do you really like to challenge one skill for days or weeks at a time, waiting for some detectable improvement and then jump to the next?
>>
I think it helps to have some sort of semi serious project that you can apply your studies to. It should also give you challenges that force you to "solve problems with what you have learned. Also draw as much as possible from life, and try to get to the point where you can draw moving objects. Books and teachers are fantastic for helping you gain an understanding of the principles,

Personally I'm focusing on perspective and anatomy for the next few months, I draw gestures and quick sketch's in public places, and at home sometimes, then go home and "graft" the muscles and bones over the top.
>>
>>3080396
maybe we could have a feel general where you bitches can put all your 'wah wah art isn't magic' posts together, so the rest of us can do art things undisturbed
>>
>>3080413
All interesting points. /ic/ has implanted in me almost a desperation to focus on gains that I have probably been shunning my creative side. Moving objects would be a real challenge that I should probably embrace. I take my sweet time getting all my proportions right, and I get all flustered if my subject moves.

Grafting muscles as an exercise is also creative. You work on your memory or is it more a chance to study?
>>
>>3080427
I don't really see how I'm bitching, more inquiring about peoples practice regimens and comparing them to my own. But yeah I'm totally detracting from your art critique board by discussing practice.
>>
>>3080432
I kill two birds with one stone, and it forces me to try and understand how to muscles work,interact with each other, and deform, rather than just copying images from books.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.