[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Software Stuff

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: draw.png (334KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
draw.png
334KB, 800x522px
So can we have a thread discussing the different drawing softwares and their pros and cons?

Been using Gimp then Sai and I'm really wondering why Sai is said to be really good when it seems rather buggy and minimalistic. Planning on testing Krita as well, what are some others and what do you use? Why do you use it?
>>
Clip Studio Paint

Cheap, fast, lots of options.
>>
>>3079671
been tinkering with various open source softwares and here's what I've got so far

>Krita
Krita is probably better than Sai and has a community that's constantly working to improve upon it. I'd use it as the photoshop of my setup, mostly using it for raster sketching, colors, and something that I love doing with the recent update is storyboarding in the animation-mode

>Inkscape
with Krita as your photoshop, this is gonna be your adobe illustrator
when I first read Scott McCloud's book on making comics, he mentioned using Illustrator for lettering, and I don't think there's a thing you can do in Illustrator that can't be done in Inkscape. granted, I'm not completely accustomed to Inkscape because I just started using it, so there's a bit of a learning curve to using this

still, from what I've seen, it's very easy to use once you get the hang of it and it can make doing line art and lettering a thing of beauty

>OpenToonz
I recently got introduced to this and it looks good from what I've seen. will try to talk more about it in the future, but this is basically going to be my go-to for animations after storyboarding in Krita
>>
>>3079714
forgot to mention something here
Krita can apparently import Inkscape files, but I don't think it goes the same for the other way around, so it'd probably go from:
>initial sketch put into Inkscape for inking and letters
>transfer to Krita for colors, shading, etc

and I've heard that Krita's eventually going to have better vectors, but for the time Inkscape is going to be what you want to use

personally, I never really liked GIMP. only time I ever liked using it was because it was easy to organize images with (like PS), but Krita basically has the same thing
>>
I've heard that Krita is decent on linux but the windows version used to run like shit on my setup despite it having 12GB of ram, 980ti, 8 threads and SSD.
Any improvements here?
>>
>>3079881
Depends.
Krita updates very rapidly, a while ago it was unusable, now it's a pretty decent software.
I'm in love with the brush engines, but desu I'd use CSP if I wasn't limited to Linux.

That being said, it's free and you don't even have to install it with the appimage, so there's zero excuse as to why you can't try and see for yourself within the next 10 minutes.
>>
>>3079685
fpbp
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.