[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are faggots on /ic/so deluded about progress?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Progress-1.jpg (132KB, 1068x909px) Image search: [Google]
Progress-1.jpg
132KB, 1068x909px
"if only I drew 16 hours a day I could become pro in a year", the chances of that happening is very very very low

"b-but Feng zhu 1 year academy improvement"

Yeah, Feng zhu cherry picked a handful of artists. You actually think the majority of artists there made progress anywhere near that? On top of that, these guys are in an environment where they are receiving personalized feedback from pros, the average self taught artist doesn't have access to this.

"b-but algenpfleger b-but vetyr b-but miles"

These are only a very very small number of cases. Only 1 percent of hard work(yes, hard working) artists achieve this level of progress. The majority of you talentless cucks would still be beg tier even if you did put in 16 hours a day
>>
stop making shitty meta threads.
>>
Who fucking cares you nigger.
If you draw more you improve faster.
We have threads like this all the time.
Stop shitting up this already shit board.
>>
16 hours everyday is a bit unrealistic, what makes more sense is 16 hours three or four days a week balanced with a few 8 hours and a rest day.
>>
>>3079665
As long as you try to improve the number of hours don't matter. You'll get there.

16 hours is actually pretty damn crazy. It's possible, but only for people that are willing to wreck their bodies and brains. I'd rather get a good night's sleep and decent focus.
>>
>>3079668
>16 hours is actually pretty damn crazy.
I wouldn't believe 16 hours if Jesus himself came down the sky to tell me. 16 hours of being in an environment where art is made, with breaks and time with peers et cetera? That's alright. 16 hours of straight work is fucking impossible.
>>
>>3079678
I tried it once
Managed less hours, and by the end of it my ass, my back, and my hand were hurting. I was very angry and tired, too, I almost snapped.
It's not a thing I'd be able to do consistently. I do believe FZD students and freelancers/professionals doing it though. When you have deadlines and in an environment where you must deliver you have no choice
>>
>>3079680
16 hours in a row when you're on a deadline is possible. Every single day as your go-to work ethic is bullshit
>>
>>3079678
It's possible on short term for sure. On long term 12h is more realistic, if art is all you do. But even then, I wouldn't recommend it fron my own experience. I worked 12h a day for two weeks (I was in between jobs) with the result of me being burned out for the following month and not being able to do anything. 3h on workdays and 6-10h on spare days is a healthy amount in my opinion. If art is the only thing you do, I'd recommend a set schedule with 8h (3h of learning and deliberate practice and 5h of working on a project. I think projects, commercially or personally, are a great way to keep yourself motivated and apply the skills you learned)

However you set up your schedule, leave time for exercising, cooking and socializing.
>>
It's more about how many mistakes can you see and correct than time spent on drawing.
But it IS also important to draw a lot.
You need both theory and practice. You may have the best teacher but the knowledge still needs to click.
Anyway, I think the idea of drawing 16h a day comes from people who think they've wasted their lives and need to save the day somehow.
>>
>>3079657

Yeah, you are wrong. It's very possible to become a pro in a year doing 16 hours a day.
>>
>>3079657
because we only have the advice of successful outliers to go off of. It's called survivor's bias:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k7jeQQdqPA
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.