[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Practicing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: crybaby.jpg (11KB, 285x213px) Image search: [Google]
crybaby.jpg
11KB, 285x213px
Do people really spend 8-10 hours a day on art?? Even at my peak performance I was only spending 2...

Lately I haven't even been getting to 1 hour a day. It's just too hard. I'd rather just lay in my bed and sleep...it just feels so good man...

Ive been practicing on and off for about 3 years now. My drawings are terribad. You would think they were made by someone who just started (although I have seen some improvement). But I want to get REALLY good like professional level good because I want to be able to create concept art for 3d modeling purposes. I would like to spend 8-10 hour a day and as a NEET you would think I have the time but laying in bed and playing video games is just sooo much better than practicing.

I don't know what to do. HELP!
>>
>>3079489
>counting hours spend on art

It doesn't sound like you are enjoying it.
>>
art is 4 weak minded fools, just like those kids in school who goes home and does everything from studying to doing their homework
>>
>>3079503
>art is 4 weak minded fools, just like those kids in school who goes home and does everything from studying to doing their homework

So what takes willpower? Playing video games?
>>
10 sounds a bit much, but around 7-8 hours is pretty much the standard work day at any regular full time job. If you're a NEET you should have no problem spending that amount of time on an activity of your choice.

Currently, being unemployed, that's the hours I'm aiming to spend on my art every day, being doing it for a couple of months now. Have to say both my productivity and quality of work has skyrocketed for my personal art, which in itself motivates me to work harder.

I've realized one or two hours per day isn't enough for shit all. Think of how a regular, finished piece takes something like 30-50 hours to make. If you spend only 1 hour each day, that's more than one month for a SINGLE PIECE. You'll finish maybe ten pieces in a year. If that's acceptable to you, then carry on.
>>
>>3079489
stupid millennials, wants to be good but not willing to work for it.
>>
File: 7-30-10.03.21.jpg (24KB, 338x435px) Image search: [Google]
7-30-10.03.21.jpg
24KB, 338x435px
>>3079489
I believe practice is somewhat generational.
What I mean by that is that if you come from a long line of artists, say your father and his father where or are both artists then you'll probably have to practice less than someone who does not have such a generational advantage. So in my opinion the amount of practice you need is in direct proportion to your line of succession. Someone who's willing to create their own legacy from the start would need to practice 8-10 hours a day where as someone who already has a legacy backing them would only have to practice 4-5 hours a day. This however is not an exact science and deals with rough estimates but for the lost part it stands true that the son of an artist has a much greater chance at being an artist himself than the son of a doctor for example.
There is no place in art for a personal ego.

>Tldr: Stick to your Guns.
>>
>>3079599
I could have worded that better but I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to bring across to you.
>>
>>3079489
If you want to draw for fun, 2 hours a day is fine.

People that do 8-10+ are aiming for higher goals. Anyone that says otherwise is a loser trying to justify their own incompetence.
>>
>>3079489
I usually spend around 6-8 hours on a finished drawing. But I guess I get distracted a lot so really only about 5 hours. What kind of kiddy shit are you drawing that you finish it in 1 hour?
>>
>>3079489
fuck no.
>>
>>3079489

Yeah, some do. I have done that in the peast. Up to 14 hours a day.
>>
>>3079489
more or less, depends on what you're doing, but most things take a lot of time, so it's always quite high.

for example when starting out you can just go through reams and reams of paper just trying to make your hand mechanically do what you want it to.

and later you're doing either a whole bunch of sketches trying to work something out or you're doing a piece, and in both those instances time flies and you'll usually spend many hours at that too.

i imagine your issue isn't that you can't make yourself draw. i think the problem is probably that you don't know what to draw. it's not real motivation, the motivation of 'i want to be able to do this one day,' it's too far off a goal, and too abstract, it's difficult to translate that into day-to-day tasks. so my recommendation is to either find a course to follow closely or devise some kind of project that requires drawing.
>>
>>3079489
>8-10 hours
That's precisely the amount of time I spend. granted, most of my calendar says 8 hours with only like 3-4 days in the month where I actually reach 10 hours. but 8-10 is the minimum and maximum I allow everyday.
>>
Just put deethoven on in the background. Helped me get 12 hours in a day.
>>
>>3079489

It really doesn't matter.

Practice with your fingers and no amount is enough.

Practice with your head and one hour is plenty.
>>
>>3079489
I try to get an hour of drawing in every day. A small amount, I know, but you gotta start somewhere.
>>
>>3079643
do u know how to read
>>
>>3080284
You mean Beethoven right? I do the same thing, it helps to scroll through the classical music thread on /mu/ and play different pieces (my mind switches to 'cruise control' so I can draw for some hours without getting distracted as much)
>>
All the autism regarding hours is one of the worst things /ic/ does. Spend as much time a day as needed or that is comfortable, if it's 2-3 hours drawing that's perfectly fine. Most of the tards who claim they're ""grinding"" 5 hours or more daily are doing mindless work and making no gains from it. Drawing a couple hours with a purpose >>>>> drawing for half of the fucking day just because you want to get muh hours on par with what you see other people doing
>>
>>3079489
If you have the luxury of 8 hours a day, it's fine, but I wouldn't go over that - and I'd take weekends off. You need time to recharge, clear your head, and relax.
>>
>>3079497
Yeah i tried to keep track but eventually you should get to a point where you can't cause you are just having fun drawing and you don't even realize the time is passing.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.