[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does trying to "master" art lead to stagnation?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 43_1024x1024.jpg (219KB, 1024x714px) Image search: [Google]
43_1024x1024.jpg
219KB, 1024x714px
Allow me to elaborate: Does trying to master components of art lead to stagnation? For example, let's say I want to get better at drawing so instead of tackling a wide variety of subject matter, I just focus on hands for like a month or just focus on doing gestures or something along the lines of that. When sycra was developing his style, I remember there was this one video where he spent like 20 pages just trying to understand twisty boxes. Does focusing on minuet detail like that lead to stagnation?
>>
>>3079357
those things are done to help you understand how something works. when you see a tutorial of a leg and they draw every single little muscle, bone indentation and value on it it doesnt mean thats what you have to do every single time you draw a leg. those things are put there for your own reference so that the next time you draw a leg, you go "oh, the calves would be flexing and protruding at this angle, so the contour line should look like this"
>>
>>3079368
That's not what I asked you fucking retard.
>>
first off, who is sycra and why are you assuming he's stagnating?

and second, what you're describing just sounds like putting in time to understand things. 20 pages isn't a lot, it's just grinding. It's actually sounds quite impressive.
>>
>>3079370
that anon is trying to tell you that different components can be broken down into simple contours of shapes that shouldn't be taking you considerable amount of time to "master"
don't even know why you're so mad
>>
>>3079373
just a guess but it sounds like he is a scrub who is planning way too far ahead.
>>
>>3079373
Is everyone here retarded? Obviously, everything can be broken down into dime components. What I'm asking is whether it leads to stagnation when you focus on these simple components for too long. Like just drawing hands for a month as opposed to doing everthing at once
>>
>>3079380
let me turn that back on you. are you retarded? thats not a complex question. You cant figure it out on your own?

and for your reference, my retarded anon, your answer is in this thread. your own thread which you created without any aim, apparently.
>>
>>3079380
>What I'm asking is whether it leads to stagnation when you focus on these simple components for too long
im trying to tell you that you shouldnt be focusing such a huge amount of time on one particular thing in the first place. what you are supposed to do, like i said, is learn construction by breaking things down into simpler shapes, and the way to know how to break something down into a simpler shape like an arm is to know where the muscles and bones are located, not that you have to draw those muscles and bones every time you draw an arm. but if you want to waste months on end drawing arms to "master" them, then go ahead.
>>
>>3079380
>Is everyone here retarded?
yes
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.