[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I gave up

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 5Nd1FvObT4SrDh8IoahMVw.png (37KB, 126x140px) Image search: [Google]
5Nd1FvObT4SrDh8IoahMVw.png
37KB, 126x140px
I stopped posting my art anywhere and deleted all of it off everything, I don't show anyone but I still draw sometimes.
You all like to say "wont make it" and stuff. How do you feel about people giving up? if you feel like you won't make it should you just stop or keep striving?
>>
>>3079257
This isn't your blog, you know.
>>
>>3079257
To be honest you're better off going towards a different career anyways. I honestly only draw because I have no other choice. Either be good or be homeless kind of situation.
>>
File: 87f.png (2MB, 2408x2408px) Image search: [Google]
87f.png
2MB, 2408x2408px
>>3079257
I'm kinda only drawing right now because when I I have to stop being a NEET I want people to think I did more than fap and play vidya the whole time. Even if I don't actually get work in the field.
>>
>>3079257
You stop coming here for the people or brotherhood because unfortunately there is none.

Just reap the resources (videos, books, etc..) and draw again
>>
>>3079257
Yeah, I'm thinking about giving up as well. I've been drawing for a really long time, I applied fundamentals and all that crap but my progress is still slow as a snail.
>>
>>3079257
post ur work
>>
To me 'giving up' is something that happens when you're distracted. Something that happens when you get too wrapped up in life, but I guess this doesn't happen if your whole life is art.

What made you quit like that?
>>
>>3079257
Is that Ana?
>>
>>3079257
?

I just do it for fun. I don't really like the aspect of art where you have to build up a community but I do post my stuff places from time to time. Get a few likes and maybe a commission request or two that I turn down. Nothing grand like those who brag about thousands of followers.

Sometimes I play with the idea of making a bigger project like a comic but I usually end up getting distracted.

It also annoy me that most of the stuff I get response to are quick scribbles while the stuff I spend time on usually get much less attention relatively. So I often end up not giving a fuck since I don't want to cater my stuff to get feedback when I already think it's interesting enough myself.

This place is pretty shitty too. People are too scared to be positive and probably rightfully so as it attract some bad attention whores. But that leaves a question about where to find a good community and that is something I haven't discovered yet.
>>
>>3079257

What is making it? If there's something you need to express, there are other ways to do it. Alan Moore quitted art and became a comic book writer instead. Rimbaud gave up on poetry at 21 and sold weapons in Africa instead.
>>
>>3079263
no one cares
>>
>How do you feel about people giving up?
Less competition.
>>
>>3079257

I gave up on working with art and just do it as a hobby nowadays. Maybe someday I'll get the drive to draw a lot again, but I think it'll only diminishes as I get older(almost 29) and probably in a near future I'll never draw anymore and focus on other aspects of life...
>>
>>3079257
Drawing and art should be an enjoyable experience, unless you're doing it for a living. Even then, though, it had to have started as a passion. If you don't feel it, then don't waste your time.
>>
>>3079842
you won't make it either anon.
>>
When you're told to give up you're supposed to keep going
>>
File: 1495684646133.jpg (20KB, 339x314px) Image search: [Google]
1495684646133.jpg
20KB, 339x314px
I gave up 4 times. Deleted all my websites and contacts.

And I came back every time.

Thinking that you can quit is more reassuring and comforting than facing the truth, that you have no other option in life but to make it. Quitting is just tricking yourself into thinking you have freedom.
>>
>>3079842
>h-heh, muh competition beaten
OP was never competition, in a very similar way to how you'll never be competition to someone else. Shitty "artists" who shitpost and blogpost on /ic/ aren't popular enough in art that they're actually taking in money that would otherwise be going elsewhere.
>>
>>3081752
including you :)
>>
>>3081759
Damned right it includes me, I'm a hobbyist and have no delusions of one day "making it" in illustration.
>>
>>3079263
>ngmi
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.