[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Challenge threads?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: jean leon gerome.jpg (234KB, 1940x1292px) Image search: [Google]
jean leon gerome.jpg
234KB, 1940x1292px
Hey, so I was wondering if we could have challenge threads on here like they do on conceptart.org?

Stuff like Character of the Week or Industrial Design of the Week. The idea is that someone gives you a topic and requirements, and you design something within those parameters and show us your WIPs + final design.

We could also have Master Studies threads.
>>
>>3078700
OP: We could also do animation challenge threads.
>>
>>3078700
no
>>
Sounds great but you'll have to overcome the naysayers.
>>
>>3079047
>Sounds great but you'll have to overcome the naysayers.

ok thx
>>
>>3078700
Every time someone tries to start one of these there's always people who claim it's someone looking to steal art/concepts or some shit. I've never understood why but it seems to kill it every time.
>>
>>3078701
Do it. I'd be up for that. I've been eager to animate instead of practicing drawing.
>>
>>3078700
Yeah that would be fun but these types of thread haven't worked out at all in recent months. We have a handful of frustrated non-artists here who made it their mission to derail every interactive challenge thread with whining about free work and shit.
>>
>>3079047
This. I've done one or two with varying success. The thing is that it has to be open ended and inclusive enough to let everyone participate because if it requires a high level of skill or time commitment then your thread will just die. Also I've noticed that there are a lot of people on here who will start bitching in challenge threads. They whine about how it's a waste of time and you'd be better off doing "fundies" and they also call out all the people who do participate for being shit. idk why they do it but it's fucking annoying and it scares people away from participating.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.