[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit, How do I progress like this? Help IC

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: beginner to pro .jpg (31KB, 632x317px) Image search: [Google]
beginner to pro .jpg
31KB, 632x317px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2L7ORN29Y8

This guy went from above average to freaking amazing in a short time, HELPPP
>>
>>3078181
Low quality bait
>>
>>3078188
How's that bait? That's a massive amount of progress, are you blind?
>>
>>3078194
You faggots rip on this guys progress but when I check the post your progress threads on /ic/ you guys are EVEN WORSE. yeah it's so easy to fucking progress and yet you guys are all stagnated pieces of shit with shit art.
>>
>>3078195
time for a progress thread?
>>
>>3078195
but he is just copying photos....if thats what you wanna do then do it. but thats just copying angles and values. which is a mechanical studying skill. you may as well just be taking photos.
>>
>>3078195
It's not easy to progress

The dude got good at being a human copy machine. It's not easy but also leaves no lasting impression unless you're a normalfag
>>
>>3078181
>it took him 5 fucking years to copy photos badly
i dk if OP just a low bait or some normie faggot from plebbit that likes photo copies
>>
File: IMG-20170629-WA0009.jpg (20KB, 383x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170629-WA0009.jpg
20KB, 383x383px
A day's progress
>>
>>3078204
>The dude got good at being a human copy machine.
what a retard
>>
This is actually terrible progress
Anyone could go from the image on the left to the image on the right in a matter of weeks
Copying from photos takes no skill whatsoever, all you have to do is copy each pixel of the photo into the same place on a piece of paper. It requires no knowledge of lighting, anatomy, perspective or colour.

In fact the image on the left shows more skill than the image on the right.
>>
>>3078223
Show me your amazing photo copying skills then, actually scratch that, chances are you won't because you're a conceited dunning Kruger
>>
>>3078231
im willing to compete with him in an imagination drawing battle if you can drag him out
>>
>>3078231
>>3078233
The information is valid regardless of the qualifications of the source
How about instead of attacking me you address the content of the argument
My point stands, photo copying takes no skill
>>
File: 69568a6105111.jpg (37KB, 356x352px) Image search: [Google]
69568a6105111.jpg
37KB, 356x352px
>>3078231
>2011 = above a v e r a g e ?
>2016 = a m a z i n g ? ?
gross pleb taste
>>3078223
He's right tho. I've seen dA weebs and tumblrinas progress faster than that. I personally wouldn't say it would take a matter of 'weeks' (unless they're studying seriously for like 10+ hours a day) but at least 6 months to a year, maybe 2.

Ya boi was slacking on his fundies for a long time.
>>
>>3078181
By copying pictures. Ask this guy to draw from imagination and he won't be able to. A lot of people on /ic/ are really low tier and have a hard time understanding when an artist heavily relies on reference as a crutch. When you use reference, you are supposed to show people your unique interpretation of what you see. This guy on the other hand copied a photo with foreshortening and shading errors, not out of stylistic choice but from ignorance.
>>
>>3078428
>photo copying takes no skill
not him, but you're just exaggerating now.
1:1 representational drawing doesn't take originality or creativity, but the mechanical skill involved still takes practice and effort.

It isn't what makes one a good artist, but it still takes skill. You can't pretend it doesn't.
>>
>>3078181
im sick of these people praising what should be nothing more than studies. These copies say nothing, mean nothing and only show a eye to copy features. I hate how normie people can be fooled so easy in thinking this is amazing and giving these brainless human copy machines thousands of followers. And the op guy didnt even get the perspective and the value right.
>>
>>3078204
He has learned his fundamentals. Now he can do whatever he wants. Fucking idiots here think fundamentals aren't worth the effort.
>>
>>3079338
People here are just salty that he migrated away from anime bullshit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.