[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long would it take to reach Firez Level?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

Assuming I'm a complete beginner
>>
>>3077937
if it took firez 4, itll take you 4.
>>
>>3077937
wat the fuck is going on with her upper torso
>>
>>3077940
Why would it take someone the same amount of time? The only way that would happen is if they had the same brain, studied the same way, and practised the same around of time in 4 years. Why are you so stupid NoseBro?
>>
>>3077937
you can easily surpass his atrocious anatomy quickly
>>
>>3077944
Double amputee, the cut is that high because, client liked it that way, at least that is what his blog says
>>
>>3077952
that's still a fucked up thorax
>>
3 months if you have someone to guide you
>>
>>3077951
his anatomy makes my anatomy hard
>>
>>3077937
these questions are always stupid because
a) what is a Firez level? is he drawing this in 2 hrs from imagination alone? is he using refs? how long did it take?

and b) what is your current level?

basically stop asking this shit
>>
>>3077937
>someone commissioned this
>a double amputee
>>
File: Image 27.jpg (221KB, 1273x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Image 27.jpg
221KB, 1273x1400px
>>3077952
Exactly, he even wanted no deltoids and scars so I did what I could, I like to draw amputees but I prefer to have them wearing prosthesis or some portion of the arm/leg. Completely limb less is not that appealing to me

>>3077937
I hope you can do better and faster, I'm an old fag with a full time job and some shifty circumstances. Focus on grasping form and perspective in everything you draw I wasted so much time pursuing shapes in photo studies. Which is in itself is not bad I actually learned a lot about rendering from imagination but I could have used my time better.
>>
>>3077969
Could you quit your job and live on comissions alone?
>>
>>3077969
que pedos catracho
>>
>>3077969
>I wasted so much time pursuing shapes in photo studies.
What does this mean?
>>
>>3077988
you dont learn how to draw from imagination by eye tracing and drawing negative space. Just makes you a printer. Firez is an amazing printer. He wishes he didn't learn to print.
>>
>>3077991
Firez can't draw from imagination?
>>
>>3077993
these are all from imagination. But he's been able to do perfect copies for years now. the assumption is that had he not wasted time hed be even better at imagination work.
>>
>perfect
>fuuurez
2laughingwhores.png
>>
>>3077973
At this moment no...I also dropped most of what I had in secured commissions because my surface died, it was just recently that I got a replacement and will try again.

However my first four months of taking commissions were promising I didn't made any announcements but I got enough to buy a new laptop and a cintiq. I also still have my full time non art related job so I will try to focus on getting good first and foremost and take some few commissions whenever I can.

>>3077980
Hola paisano, pensé que era el único nico hondureño de por aquí

>>3077994
That's right

>>3077993
I can but it takes me a lot of time....in part for the way I render stuff
>>
Half a day.
>>
>>3077937
200 hours at most but you won't get there because you don't draw at all and he keep drawing no matter how much we shitposted his stuff.
>>
>>3078014

How do you render these? Surely something like the OP pic isn't done solely with the technical pencil brush in Procreate, the shading on the body is a hard round or something isn't it?
>>
>>3078040
This is number one bullshit. You are 100% guaranteed to be a dunning Kruger who is light years behind Firez. You can't get to his level in 200 Hours and you can't just give a random arbitrary number and say that's how long it'll take.
>>
>>3078218
You can with talent and deliberate practice you cuck.
>>
>>3077937
about tree fiddy
>>
Mostly depends on how apt you are at learning. So probably 8 years.
>>
>>3077944
she's hiding her arms to help the artist.
>>
>>3078084
soft brush controlled with lasso tool and the smudge with various brush settings, particularly acrylic and membrane.

>>3078218
Thanks anon.
Let them believe whatever they want. Some people here act like they came out of their monthers' vaginas knowing how to draw. Shit is hard and the whole things is a humbling yet rewarding process
>>
>>3077969
>Focus on grasping form
Can you give an example? I thought form and shape were the same thing..
>>
>>3077955
Having an anon guide me on my drawing journey is my fetish
Literally task me with any exercise you want and I'll post my results

(being the whore I am I'll have to see your work first)
>>
>>3078512
I might be wrong here, so feel free to correct me, but volume is a property of form and not shape. So generally when you talk about the shape of an element it tends to be the outline, or something "flat" like that.
>>
>>3077937
>when you're so bad at drawing hands you amputate your character
hahahaha
>>
>>3077969
Why do you like to draw nude amputee women? Not judging you it's just a different sort of fetish I rarely see.
>>
>>3077969
>>3077937
FiRez isn't awful or anything holy FUCK it's been YEARS and he still can't draw a face that isn't completely stiff and emotionless.
>>
>>3078512
This >>3078601 explanation is on point, visually both may look the same but internally you should be to feel and even manipulate forms in order to draw from imagination. Here is a video that explains forms well imho: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LkkhSGLkpg

>>3078647
I think it looks very cool, prosthesis give bodies a sort of trans-humanist quality which i really dig. I also kind of fantasize about "damaged goods". Body horror would be another thing I would like to explore like in pic related

Is not a terrible uncommon fetish, sadly on dA a lot of people/artists like to take the limbless thing to the extreme

>>3078665
Sorry you feel that way, I would say the expressions look different enough, about the stiff thing I may grant you that but I'm still working on getting better in this regard
>>
>>3079250
isn't this an original sculpture by some nip? why you plagiarising
>>
>>3077937
I'll take me a single year, but you'll need at least 5.

Source: my ass
>>
>>3079551
>Source: my ass
this made me think of "legend of my ass"
>>
>>3079250
the bigass eye isn't following the form of the torso. Work on your construction my man.
>>
>>3078512

If you were drawing a head a form study would be breaking it down to simple primitive shapes - spheres, cubes, etc that are in perspective. Its in 3d and, if the head is in 3/4, you could draw the other side using just construction and anatomy knowledge.

If drawing the head as a shape study, you would look at relationships between the elements on the face/photo/image you are looking at. You are drawing only what you literally see with your physical eyeballs. This is totally 2-dimennsional and trains your eye to see. This is good for learning how light interacts with stuff/quick read of a composition/how things actually look. This should be studied alongside construction not in lieu of. This is how you probably started drawing, not with Loomis/Bridgeman systems but by looking and putting it down on paper as accurately as you can, like a printer, to which the goal is accuracy and believe it or not, there is a bunch of information you can get by just looking for 1-3hours at something.

I remember Mullins saying something about being able to think in 2d and 3d at the same time, looking at an object and be able to turn it in perspective and 'feel' the form but also see it in context with other elements on the image, how far is it from the nose and lips, the shape of the shadow, how dark compared to the lit skin, etc.

Lay-in of pic is done in shapes, top/bottom triangulating shit. If via construction it would be through Loomis/Hampton circles and cubes. But you will have to go back to looking/you shape training when you render. Learn both.
>>
>>3077969
You work a part-time job firez or you doing art full time?
>>
>>3077937
firez' level? probably 3 days
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.