[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In need of critique

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0552.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0552.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Help me anon, how can I make this better? It's meant to be Marilyn Monroe. It's a commission for someone but I'm only getting £20 and I've already spent 4.5hours on it so I can't just restart. What's sticking out like a sore thumb?
>>
>>3076990
You wasted 4.5 hours. The proportions are wrong. Foreheads too large. Facial features too small. Chin too large. It's a mess and it needs to be redrawn with special care taken to get all the proportions and placement correct. Likeness is not easy and takes practice. Good luck.
>>
>>3077030
Okay, thank you for your honesty. What is your opinion on tracing the outline when it's for a commission? Is it an absolute no- or can it be forgiven to save time?
>>
>>3077041
To be fair, if you're getting paid for it and you're not misleading the buyer by telling them the drawing is all freehanded then you can get away with it. No rules just tools. Just make sure you don't trace if you're trying to learn because it will hinder you.
>>
>>3076990
this doesnt need its own thread, newfriend. more people will be willing to cooperate with you if you had the courtesy to cooperate with the board
>>
>>3077048
Okay thank you.
>>3077052
Sorry, I didn't know which thread to post in. Thank you for the advice though.
>>
>>3076990
Get better and get a real job because working at McDonalds pays more than that shit.
>>
>>3076990
I bet the person who paid you will be satisfied with that; it's not like they coughed up a fortune.
>>
File: IMG_0520.jpg (312KB, 2059x763px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0520.jpg
312KB, 2059x763px
>>3077173
Haha yeah, unfortunately I'm a student who can't a proper job rn. Usually my art's a heck of a lot better (see pic), this one was a bit of a flop though :/

>>3077177
Yeah he would be really happy if I drew just a stick woman, but I don't want to give him anything I'm not happy with though :D

Thank you for the advice everyone :)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.